Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:08:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rep Loan #1  (Read 1206 times)
Spartacus17 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:00:24 PM

I am asking for 0.001 BTC for my first rep loan. I will repay 0.005 as soon as I see the transaction and it's also confirmed. The balance on the address is 0.0041 because I made it specifically for repaying this loan.

Address: 1EePLDhsPkCBehw4RmdGMhkHRrraGHsaSs

https://blockchain.info/address/1EePLDhsPkCBehw4RmdGMhkHRrraGHsaSs
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:30:28 PM

Take it from someone who knows.. Lock this thread and keep your nose clean.
Trust is earned, not bought and it can't be forced.

Farming trust and reputation will only end badly, and your best bet is to re-evaluate.
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:33:02 PM

Rep loans are frowned upon here, as ou can see you have been given negative trust
you need collateral and a reason to take a loan
x_Molotov

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:39:38 PM

I have sent .001 BTC, from here. 1PTfsRk9NmbcJCfiHQPZ8J9S3PeXDBiPno

HASH : 6846784e38517af91c1d6e45d1cb5e4b812938bad353ccc39d86dcb8803a1b1d

Better pay up.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:42:05 PM

I am asking for 0.001 BTC for my first rep loan. I will repay 0.005 as soon as I see the transaction and it's also confirmed. The balance on the address is 0.0041 because I made it specifically for repaying this loan.

There is no such thing as reputation loan in here. i don't know if you are a troll or just a scammer who doesn't even bother to read the rules on the stickies. This is a forum and not some kind of lending site like btcjam or loanbase where you could get a rep. loan. I suggest you lock this thread away as you know already that you won't get any coins in here. Come back maybe if you are familiar enough with the forum rules or if you have a valid collateral to offer. Wink

EDIT:

Better pay up.

Why did you sent him? This is the reason why these scammers get away with their scam attempts. Sad
Spartacus17 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:44:22 PM

Rep loans are frowned upon here, as ou can see you have been given negative trust
you need collateral and a reason to take a loan
I agree rep loans are frowned upon because people would keep taking out more rep loans, and then run away with the money when they were given a decent amount. However I won't be taking out any big rep loans and if I take out another rep loan it won't be worth more than how much I've repaid.

Better pay up.
As soon as it's confirmed

Take it from someone who knows.. Lock this thread and keep your nose clean.
Trust is earned, not bought and it can't be forced.

Farming trust and reputation will only end badly, and your best bet is to re-evaluate.

I agree that trust is earned and not bought. However I am not buying trust, somebody is trusting me with their bitcoin. I am not just paying them to give me trust.
x_Molotov

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:45:18 PM

EDIT:

Better pay up.

Why did you sent him? This is the reason why these scammers get away with their scam attempts. Sad
I want to see if he is actually legit, if not, he gets blasted with neg. trust scores, which he apparently doesn't want, and it's only two quarters worth.
Win-Win Smiley
Spartacus17 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:50:41 PM

There is no such thing as reputation loan in here. i don't know if you are a troll or just a scammer who doesn't even bother to read the rules on the stickies. This is a forum and not some kind of lending site like btcjam or loanbase where you could get a rep. loan. I suggest you lock this thread away as you know already that you won't get any coins in here. Come back maybe if you are familiar enough with the forum rules or if you have a valid collateral to offer. Wink

EDIT:

Better pay up.

I read the stickies and they don't explicitly say you can't take out rep loans, however they discourage it because of many people continually taking out bigger rep loans and then running away with the money.
Athertle

Activity: 252

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 11:51:54 PM

I read the stickies and they don't explicitly say you can't take out rep loans, however they discourage it because of many people continually taking out bigger rep loans and then running away with the money.

That might be one reason, but the other is because you're trying to gain reputation and that's discouraged. The main people who try to gain reputation are scammers who try and get a good rep before the scam.

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:55:01 PM

Quote from: Spartacus17 link=topic=1254441.msg13009302#msg13009302

I agree that trust is earned and not bought. However I am not buying trust, somebody is trusting me with their bitcoin. I am not just paying them to give me trust.

It's not how it works mate, such actions are not encouraged in this forum. I think if someone on the green list already saw this post you could get a red trust for making a trust loan here. I saw someone got it but eventually got it removed as the person is learning from his mistake.

EDIT: See mate, you already have 3 negged feedbacks on your profile. Wink

I want to see if he is actually legit, if not, he gets blasted with neg. trust scores, which he apparently doesn't want, and it's only two quarters worth.
Win-Win Smiley

I see. You're a very nice guy Molotov. Grin Well then goodluck with your coins.

He will eventually get a red trust anyway. If not then maybe a neutral that states hes' doing a reputation loan.
EthanB

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:56:44 PM

You are saying you are not buying trust, but the interest payments you are dishing out in exchange to work up your reputation is literally purchasing trust. I am baffled that somebody actually sent you the funds, and I hope you do actually pay it back.

Regardless though, if you do not need a loan, you should not ask. What you are doing is highly discouraged and if you continue to do so your account will be ruined along with your reputation that you are trying to build.
Spartacus17 (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 11:57:50 PM

That might be one reason, but the other is because you're trying to gain reputation and that's discouraged. The main people who try to gain reputation are scammers who try and get a good rep before the scam.
That is true and I understand your concern, it certainly looks suspicious when someone who is new tries to build rep. I'm not trying to build rep to scam, I'm only building it so I can be trusted as I may start a service that requires me to be trusted(like an escrow service).
Athertle

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 12:00:16 AM

That is true and I understand your concern, it certainly looks suspicious when someone who is new tries to build rep. I'm not trying to build rep to scam, I'm only building it so I can be trusted as I may start a service that requires me to be trusted(like an escrow service).

Even more of a discouragement from the community if you're trying to start services like escrowing from this.

Also; would a scammer building rep say that he was building rep to scam? No. He would phrase it similarly to you. Not saying you're a scammer.

EthanB

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:00:27 AM

This is not the path to being a trusted escrow. This is exactly the kind of thing they look for as examples who to not trust as escrows.
Trust is built through many years of professional and good business..

The only way you are going to be trusted is through consistent actions, and this is foul play from the start.
x_Molotov

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:01:54 AM

My payment has been confirmed, awaiting payment..
x_Molotov

Thank you for your time.

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:02:26 AM

I have received payment for my loan.
5mBTC.
Trust has been posted.
Spartacus17 (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:06:19 AM

Repaid

http://blockchain.info/tx-index/52d36f8ed4243a364c0ef7535f235c87dba659068cc256328809a5a8c5c6a85c

Thanks for trusting me Molotov

Thank you for the feedback everybody else I will not ask for another rep loan. But I'm wondering what is a good way to build trust?
EthanB

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:07:05 AM

Oof KWH hit you with the Red for giving out the Trust loan.. Sorry about your feedback Molotov, but this sort of behavior can not be encouraged.

I have already told you the only way to be trusted is to EARN it. Years of solid business earns you trust, but it can not be bought or built speedily.
Athertle

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2015, 12:13:46 AM

Thank you for the feedback everybody else I will not ask for another rep loan. But I'm wondering what is a good way to build trust?

You don't build trust, trust is a biproduct that comes with you just being on the forums. Reputable members didn't have the goal of becoming reputable, they just simply had trades on the forum and did things out of their way that other people figured was trustworthy.

EthanB

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 12:21:45 AM

Oof KWH hit you with the Red for giving out the Trust loan.. Sorry about your feedback Molotov, but this sort of behavior can not be encouraged.

I have already told you the only way to be trusted is to EARN it. Years of solid business earns you trust, but it can not be bought or built speedily.

I do capital investments mate.
I have over .17, half with escrow, half not, in investments from a wide variety of people.

I am very trustworthy, and always pay my dues, and never scam.
I am against scamming completely.

I do not think negative feedbacks should be administered for simply checking rep loans?
I would not have cared if I had been scammed, .001 is piss money.
I wanted to give him a chance to redeem himself in front of you lot of trolls calling him a scammer and a loser

I will be posting about this in the reputation sub, as this is a blatant mis-use of the trust system, and true trust as we know it.

I would revoke all rep-loan negative trust feedbacks, both for Spartacus, and for myself.

Slightly shocked,
x_Molotov

I understand your position and I do feel bad for you, but you have to understand that what this user is doing is blatantly immoral. You are encouraging scam like behavior by granting this loan, and again by granting him positive reputation. It is clear his intentions are malevolent overall, and feel free to piss .001 to every scammer on this website and see how quickly it adds up.

You're feeding the strays, and they will be back for more and more until it gets even more out of hand.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: