Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:22:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HODL] Bounty for CPU Miner - Now at Ħ4000  (Read 11209 times)
samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 06:15:12 AM

Ok time to add the BTC address to the OP.. freetrade and I both will hOdl this BTC private key just in case something happes to one of us..

https://blockchain.info/address/1BountyELvhYAqKFPr6aFCBKyAJTjywoqW

Already at a nice start at 0.103944 BTC

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:58:57 AM

Thanks Sam!

Added to the main post.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
trader19
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 08:19:35 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2016, 10:37:48 PM by trader19

Ok time to add the BTC address to the OP.. freetrade and I both will hOdl this BTC private key just in case something happes to one of us..

https://blockchain.info/address/1BountyELvhYAqKFPr6aFCBKyAJTjywoqW

Already at a nice start at 0.103944 BTC

as promised sent 0.1BTC to Bounty address, totalling: 0.203944 BTC + Ħ4000
Wolf0 where are you? HOdl needs you to crunch some nuts!!!
https://blockchain.info/de/tx/3fd53f505a745727c7e1ad067873a292dbbc13f51cf46e3f4b8078e3d7f497f2

-t

Join the Elastic revolution!  Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC WEBSITE | NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:39:24 PM

Actually the absence of a cpu miner is what made the launch so fair (besides the sane specs chosen by FreeTrade). I enjoy the pool-free time.  Wink

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 03:44:11 PM

Actually the absence of a cpu miner is what made the launch so fair (besides the sane specs chosen by FreeTrade). I enjoy the pool-free time.  Wink

Yes. It's like the good old days. One wallet for everything. Only issue is rising difficulty because of the VPSes. I think it would be lower if there were no "mineraddress" option available.

samsmith16

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2016, 07:05:51 PM

Thank you for all your donations

Bitcoin total
0.210044 BTC

HOdl total
4450.00004000 HODL

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 10:35:44 PM

Thank you for all your donations

Bitcoin total
0.210044 BTC

HOdl total
4450.00004000 HODL

Just to clarify, these are two separate balances.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:53:07 PM

I rolled over some of the balances as they had stopped earning interest after the 30 day period.

Including interest, the HODL bounty is now . . . 5469.72 HODL

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
pinwc4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 11:51:36 PM

We have completed a pool for HODL for the community to use.  So far it seems to be somewhat popular, we see over 400 active works on it.   

Register here to use it: https://hodl.blockquarry.com

The source has been posted here for now: https://hodl.blockquarry.com/downloads/hodlminer.tar.gz

A Windows binary has been built but we are more Linux people than Windows so it needs optimization, give this a try: https://hodl.blockquarry.com/downloads/hodlminer.zip

Good luck

HODL:  HM8kWC4G3q5dy3UjffAgTbJkJPFigEM53Z
BTC:     1NduDgnVLUPRNrz3D3eqaJwha29TGY6mUC

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:41:58 AM

We have completed a pool for HODL for the community to use.  So far it seems to be somewhat popular, we see over 400 active works on it.   

Register here to use it: https://hodl.blockquarry.com

The source has been posted here for now: https://hodl.blockquarry.com/downloads/hodlminer.tar.gz

A Windows binary has been built but we are more Linux people than Windows so it needs optimization, give this a try: https://hodl.blockquarry.com/downloads/hodlminer.zip

Good luck

HODL:  HM8kWC4G3q5dy3UjffAgTbJkJPFigEM53Z
BTC:     1NduDgnVLUPRNrz3D3eqaJwha29TGY6mUC

Thanks for this. I appreciate your work on it - I'll check it out to make sure it meets all the criteria for the bounty and get back to you shortly.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:22:21 AM

pinwc4 - question for you, does this require any custom pool software, or custom modifications to pool software. Can anybody set up a pool, or do you have proprietary software running on the back end?

pinwc4

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 04:59:55 PM

pinwc4 - question for you, does this require any custom pool software, or custom modifications to pool software. Can anybody set up a pool, or do you have proprietary software running on the back end?

We are using NOMP and MPOS for the pool but it did require some minor customization.  Most coins use an 80 byte header but this one is using an 88 byte header.  If you look in cpu-miner.c you can see he had to alter what is sent in stratum to accommodate the 88 byte header so the extra two fields of extranonce2 and ntime are included in what is sent to the miner.  

Maybe other stratum servers would send across the larger header without any changes, I do not know, we mostly stick with NOMP for stratum which does not.  

Other than that it is standard stuff for getting it into NOMP like other new coins, add in the hash algorithm to multi-hashing so NOMP can use pattern_verify to verify incoming hashes.  
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:04:47 PM

We are using NOMP and MPOS for the pool but it did require some minor customization.  Most coins use an 80 byte header but this one is using an 88 byte header.  If you look in cpu-miner.c you can see he had to alter what is sent in stratum to accommodate the 88 byte header so the extra two fields of extranonce2 and ntime are included in what is sent to the miner.  

Maybe other stratum servers would send across the larger header without any changes, I do not know, we mostly stick with NOMP for stratum which does not.  

Other than that it is standard stuff for getting it into NOMP like other new coins, add in the hash algorithm to multi-hashing so NOMP can use pattern_verify to verify incoming hashes.  

Thank you for the additional details.

Again I appreciate your efforts and consider this to fulfill all the requirements of the bounty. Could you publish the 2 addresses you'd like to receive the bounty at on the website - just so I can be sure I'm sending it to the correct person.

Note: As per the bounty terms, 50% of the Hodl will be immediately available and 50% will be placed in a 1 yr term deposit - you can supply 2 addresses if you'd like them separately.

pinwc4

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:19:55 PM

Thank you for the additional details.

Again I appreciate your efforts and consider this to fulfill all the requirements of the bounty. Could you publish the 2 addresses you'd like to receive the bounty at on the website - just so I can be sure I'm sending it to the correct person.

Note: As per the bounty terms, 50% of the Hodl will be immediately available and 50% will be placed in a 1 yr term deposit - you can supply 2 addresses if you'd like them separately.

Glad to help.  I posted the addresses on the pools main page, https://hodl.blockquarry.com

Both portions of Hodl can go to the 1 address, no need to separate.  Probably will put the other half into a long term deposit anyways as well but not quite sure yet on the time frame.  
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 05:20:16 AM

Glad to help.  I posted the addresses on the pools main page, https://hodl.blockquarry.com

Both portions of Hodl can go to the 1 address, no need to separate.  Probably will put the other half into a long term deposit anyways as well but not quite sure yet on the time frame.  

Cool. HOdl bounty paid - was nearly 6,000 including all the interest. Sam will send the BTC bounty shortly.

Thanks again and congratulations.

Epsylon3
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082

ccminer/cpuminer developer

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 09:49:01 AM

is the pool code shared ?

i've many rejects on the "only" pool available, maybe i could implement it in yiimp to compare and understand the problem(s)

I started to dig this algo, and seems very hard (or impossible ?) to code on a gpu... due to the aes encryption...

BTC: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd - My Projects: ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp - Forum threads : ccminer - cpuminer-multi - yiimp
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:02:08 AM

is the pool code shared ?

i've many rejects on the "only" pool available, maybe i could implement it in yiimp to compare and understand the problem(s)

I started to dig this algo, and seems very hard (or impossible ?) to code on a gpu... due to the aes encryption...

I studied a possible gpu implementation. Totally removing the 1GB scratch buffer and generating the sha512 data on-need, the cpu implementation slows down to about 50%. That solution may be suitable to a gpu implementation as it may fit all the data into registers and local ram and/or cache. It is also more easily integrated into existing miners because you can keep the usual "one nonce per gpu thread" setup (one "aes search" per nonce? why not!).
If you want to use the 1gb scratch buffer solution, you need a heavily modified miner because every gpu thread will not work on a different nonce but on a different "aes search".

TheSquishyMonster

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:29:31 PM

Is the cpu miner exe file 32 bit or 64 bit because im using a 32 bit laptop and it wont budge
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 07:41:58 PM

Is the cpu miner exe file 32 bit or 64 bit because im using a 32 bit laptop and it wont budge

I'm fairly certain its 64-bit, I tried it on a 32-bit machine and it didn't work either.
zork
Legendary

Activity: 1487
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 12:25:30 PM

I'm fairly certain its 64-bit, I tried it on a 32-bit machine and it didn't work either.

working binaries for 32-bit systems are still not available?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: