Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:26:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which takes more transaction fees-paypal or bitcoin?  (Read 3173 times)
Kalder

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:43:26 AM

Paypal because it has a minimum fee of $0.35 when sending to an account that is not same with your country compared to $0.04 mining fee of bitcoin.

I thought paypay also charge you certain percentage fee if you are selling something to somebody else.

upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 09:15:39 AM

PayPal has been notorious for imposing hefty transaction fees on users of about 3%. While for the transactions fee through bitcoin would be 0.00001 or US$0.005. I think it is the values of fee, so in that bitcoin is better.
nanonymousx

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:50:59 PM

Definitely PayPal for most of the cases, I used both and I know it, PayPal takes +$0.30 Cents and a percentage from each business transaction and if you do more Personal "no fees" transactions you will get reviewed, Bitcoin fees is just around 4 cents.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:56:51 PM

who cares about the fees, when it comes to their rules. Paypal makes you jump through hoops in order to give you services. something that bitcoin does not.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:02:07 PM

I tried paypal service but i think every transaction i made to send to someone  from paypal is high than bitcoin..
It's instant but the fee is high... unlike bitcoin you can only pay 10k satoshi for every transaction the problem in bitcoin you need to wait a minutes
For transaction before confirmed

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:06:19 PM

If you want to send money outside your country I.e in other currency with PayPal,you have to pay heavy conversion fee also.Bitcoin conversion is worse.For 1 $ I get 65 inr while current exchange rate is 66 inr for 1 $.

Dekker3D

Activity: 434

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:09:13 PM

Definitely PayPal for most of the cases, I used both and I know it, PayPal takes +$0.30 Cents and a percentage from each business transaction and if you do more Personal "no fees" transactions you will get reviewed, Bitcoin fees is just around 4 cents.

You pay more but it takes a whole lot longer for the transaction to be completed but I guess that's for their charge-back advantage over bitcoin.

neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:22:24 PM

paypal fees are much higher, the amount taken depends on the country of the reciever, if its a gift or payment, and a couple of other factors, plus paypal needs money to pay its employees.
You are right. Paypal fees are always higher then bitcoin. I do see mostly paypal and bitcoin are accepted by everywhere together. I believe bitcoin will remove paypal by showing it's potential and advantages very soon.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 06:29:04 PM

PayPal charges 4.5%+ $0.35 fee for each transaction if a user chooses Goods and Services as a payment option. Over and above they charge a 4% currency conversion fee.

In comparison, Bitcoin charges 0.0001 BTC fee but converting into fiat costs about 10-15%. In addition if the price falls, we can lose 20-30% of our money or gain the same when the price increases.

The difference is that bitcoin is a currency and PayPal is a payment processor but both have their own advantages and disadvantages.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:44:02 PM

Definitely paypal has a higher fees, bitcoin fee is much lower than paypal. That is why I have left paypal forever for bitcoin. Now all my money and transactions and payments are in bitcoin. Also bitcoin is worldwide and paypal is limited to some countries.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
xslugx

Activity: 293

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:48:54 PM

PayPal charges 4.5%+ $0.35 fee for each transaction if a user chooses Goods and Services as a payment option. Over and above they charge a 4% currency conversion fee.

In comparison, Bitcoin charges 0.0001 BTC fee but converting into fiat costs about 10-15%. In addition if the price falls, we can lose 20-30% of our money or gain the same when the price increases.

The difference is that bitcoin is a currency and PayPal is a payment processor but both have their own advantages and disadvantages.
[/quote

Yeah but can you give me an advantage of PayPal? ^^

Cause as far as I can see, btc is faster and cheaper so I don't really see the advantage of PayPal...

DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:56:18 PM

PayPal has higher fees than Bitcoin but if you want to use one of the Bitcoin Debit Card the fees will rack up quickly.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 08:05:32 PM

Yeah but can you give me an advantage of PayPal? ^^

Cause as far as I can see, btc is faster and cheaper so I don't really see the advantage of PayPal...

Advantage of using PayPal is that it's legal, it holds our cash like a bank and you can withdraw the cash anytime for which no extra fee is charged. If anytime I need fiat, I need to convert BTC to PayPal and for me bank cash is more useful compared to bitcoins as most online portals don't accept bitcoins. They mostly accept PayPal.

lister storm

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:42:15 PM

of course paypal has higher fees than bitcoin, thats the main thing why i actually like bitcoin
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:02:04 AM

paypal fees are much higher, the amount taken depends on the country of the reciever, if its a gift or payment, and a couple of other factors, plus paypal needs money to pay its employees.
You are right. Paypal fees are always higher then bitcoin. I do see mostly paypal and bitcoin are accepted by everywhere together. I believe bitcoin will remove paypal by showing it's potential and advantages very soon.
Not exactly true as PayPal is recognized by the government and it allows bank withdrawals for most countries while bitcoins dont have such an option (leaving alone coinbase that allows US bank withdrawals only).
If we take into account bitcoin debit cards, the fee is higher than PayPal which make them almost the same but I do agree that bitcoins are worth more and it's easier to send and receive them.
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:24:59 AM

Not exactly true as PayPal is recognized by the government and it allows bank withdrawals for most countries while bitcoins dont have such an option (leaving alone coinbase that allows US bank withdrawals only).
If we take into account bitcoin debit cards, the fee is higher than PayPal which make them almost the same but I do agree that bitcoins are worth more and it's easier to send and receive them.
It is not about exchanging the bitcoins to fiat but the fees required for the transaction of yours.I think 0.0005 is nothing when you are sending/receiving huge sum of btc and it might be a lot when the same amount of money is sent via PayPal cause it will be some percent of the amount being sent (depending on many other factors) where as it is completely dependent on the user for Bitcoin transactions.
maddy123

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:53:49 AM

Paypal, i thinks takes more transaction fees. Paypal is using more than bitcoin wallets !
BowYang

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:58:57 AM

Paypal takes more, but it also refunds your money if you are scammed.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:59:53 AM

Paypal charges nearly 3% for transactions if individual send money to individual.  If you were using eBay to sell/buying an item and had to take Paypal as payment, you also lost 9% of your amount to a final value fee.Paypal charges additional fees if currency conversion needs to take place, which usually happens in international transfers. So use bitcoin if you want to pay less fee, bitcoin fee is much lesser.
xslugx

Activity: 293

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 11:41:27 AM

Paypal charges nearly 3% for transactions if individual send money to individual.  If you were using eBay to sell/buying an item and had to take Paypal as payment, you also lost 9% of your amount to a final value fee.Paypal charges additional fees if currency conversion needs to take place, which usually happens in international transfers. So use bitcoin if you want to pay less fee, bitcoin fee is much lesser.
Really? PayPal charges currency convertion? I didn't know that...

Anyway btc is much better than PayPal on any aspect that's for sure.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: