Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which takes more transaction fees-paypal or bitcoin?  (Read 3173 times)
Ulloa

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:01:55 PM

Paypal charges 4% on most transactions. Bitcoin just 0.0001/ 0.0002, so here clearly bitcon is the winner. Also bitcoin is freedom where paypal is a private company whom you should trust with your assets.
Ferrero

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:24:10 PM

I guess it's definitely PayPal for most of the cases, I used both and I know it, PayPal takes +$0.30 Cents and a percentage from each business transaction and if you do more Personal "no fees" transactions you will get reviewed, Bitcoin fees is just around 4 cents!
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:25:43 PM

Of course Bitcoin is the cheaper one, you can even send a transaction without any fee with Bitcoin.

faucet used to be profitable
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 12:32:02 PM

Of course Bitcoin is the cheaper one, you can even send a transaction without any fee with Bitcoin.
Untrue and false information. There is always a fee when sending BTC p2p, it is small but it is there. It could be even higher when your BTC is composed from dust transactions.
But in contrary users PayPal to PayPal transactions are actually totally free - and you don't pay anything while buying from merchants - it is merchant who pays the fee.
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 01:11:31 PM

Paypal takes more, but it also refunds your money if you are scammed.
yeah that is true. special of paypal is protection to buyer or something like that, if you account get hacked and your money stolen, you can refund it. if you have evidence that your account has been compromised
jethrorn99

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:14:49 PM

Bitcoin is cheaper than paypal in transaction fees.

Paypal protects its users if got scammed tho.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:58:23 PM

Who and when did this happen? I've mostly seen the victims losing their money and the scammers earns his money back with chargebacks. I've been using PayPal since 5 years and still I say that it is the least secure payment processor due to their chargeback policy.
Their fee is also very high and hence bitcoins are considered the safest option for users who don't want to get scammed and most don't deal with PayPal unless the buyer is trusted.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:23:06 PM

Untrue and false information. There is always a fee when sending BTC p2p, it is small but it is there. It could be even higher when your BTC is composed from dust transactions.
But in contrary users PayPal to PayPal transactions are actually totally free - and you don't pay anything while buying from merchants - it is merchant who pays the fee.
Your information is also not completly true.PayPal does deduct fee if sender sends money using his credit card.It is free only if sender uses his PayPal balance or upload funds from bank account in which case PayPal deduct conversion fee.
" It's always free to send money to
friends and family when you use your
PayPal balance or bank account. Fees
apply only if the sender uses a credit
or debit card, or if you receive any
payment for goods or services.
There
are also:

https://www.paypal.com/pt/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-receiving-fees-outside

PakistanHockeyfan

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:27:30 PM

Neither. I've never paid a transaction fee on either so you must be occupying some higher transaction fees I suppose.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:19:11 PM

Neither. I've never paid a transaction fee on either so you must be occupying some higher transaction fees I suppose.
Are you saying that information given on PayPal official website is false?You must be someone special for being exemption

Alvin Fahriza

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:43:21 AM

you can use free cost transaction with paypal. if you choose pay service options in sending money

adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:15:06 AM

i have little dout in transaction fees of paypal and bitcoin.so if you hade made transaction in both then tell me your idea on it.

Fees on paypal is more more high and ridiculous and fee on bitcoins is quite small though than paypal. And i prefer using bitcoin for transaction than paypal.
Pattart

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 06:34:34 AM

i have little dout in transaction fees of paypal and bitcoin.so if you hade made transaction in both then tell me your idea on it.

Fees on paypal is more more high and ridiculous and fee on bitcoins is quite small though than paypal. And i prefer using bitcoin for transaction than paypal.
yeah true. whatever amount bitcoin you send. costs remain the same fee 0.0001, different with paypal more expensive
Kalder

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 07:36:13 AM

That is the main benefit of Paypal. I use paypal to pay for goods. It makes me feel safe, will not be scammed.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:29:01 AM

Paypal charges nearly 3% for transactions if individual send money to individual.  If you were using eBay to sell/buying an item and had to take Paypal as payment, you also lost 9% of your amount to a final value fee.Paypal charges additional fees if currency conversion needs to take place, which usually happens in international transfers. So use bitcoin if you want to pay less fee, bitcoin fee is much lesser.
Really? PayPal charges currency convertion? I didn't know that...

Anyway btc is much better than PayPal on any aspect that's for sure.
Every payment processor charges 3-4% currency conversion fee as they are also charged for the same. It may be an online payment processor or a bank in that respect and none convert for free.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 16663

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 09:41:34 AM

From the transactions that I have made involving bitcoin and PayPal, I believe PayPal fees are much higher compared to bitcoin in similar transactions.
Paypal/creditcard gives some fraud protection, which is part of the fee. If you divide the total bitcoin fraud by the total bitcoin transaction volume, you get a much higher "fee".

LinaMay

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:52:19 AM

I'm actuaoly not all that certain. I think they're both the same. Doesn't matter which one you use.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:56:35 AM

Obviously bitcoins fees is lower and paypal fees is higher . Paypal can also reverse your money if you are scammed by someone and paypal have high security that is why it costs more fees than bitcoin .
michnelli6

Activity: 365

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:37:48 AM

Paypal's fee is higher than bitcoin, but almost every site on the web support Paypal and bitcoin as payment system, both of type, shopping sites and earning sites. But, obviously bitcoin has better advantages than paypal.
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:17:16 PM

Paypal's fee is higher than bitcoin, but almost every site on the web support Paypal and bitcoin as payment system, both of type, shopping sites and earning sites. But, obviously bitcoin has better advantages than paypal.
Yes almost every earning and shopping sites support bitcoin as well as paypal. But it doesn't mean both are equal, Bitcoin transactions charges are better than paypal and becoming more popular every day. I hope bitcoin is going to replace Paypal.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: