Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Shipping to UK Which one DHL, EMS, FedEx or UPS?  (Read 2728 times)
bushstar (OP)

Activity: 617
Merit: 531

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:46:18 PM

As I understand it if BFL ship with the shipping I have paid for my ASIC may end up sitting in UK customs.

Others have said on this site that when we get options for shipping we will be able to choose something that will be whisked past customs with minimal fuss.

Now we will soon get shipping options but what should I choose for shipping to the UK, DHL, EMS, FedEx or UPS?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 12:49:23 PM

I did not think we would get such an option? I just thought it will be shipped usps/ups to all over the world?
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 01:46:55 PM

I guess this might not be important planning in their business model.
bushstar (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 02:33:18 PM

BFL posted an update on their forum which had the following information.

With regards to upgrading your shipping, our new system should be online this week. Once we are comfortable with it, you should be able to email or phone us to upgrade your shipping to DHL, EMS, FedEx or UPS as your convenience. Email is best of course, and probably the fastest way to start the process.
Source: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html

bushstar (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:08:09 AM

I think this is the sort of think us in the UK are looking for.

FedEx International Priority is customs cleared up to $50,000. I'm guessing it cost a pretty penny though.

http://www.fedex.com/gb/services/intlpriority.html

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 02:03:38 PM

I'm in regional Australia and I've ordered off AMAZON and they send it DHL.  I'd order stuff on a Thursday and it'd arrive the following Tuesday.  From the US no less!

I paid $88 for international shipping, so it better bloody be super speedy delivery already!

paying extra after already paying for "priority" is where I draw the line! Priority means "is as fast as it gets!" (Doesn't it?)

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
bushstar (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 02:56:21 PM

My concern is that it will be super speedy to the customs office where it will sit for weeks.

I'm upgrading my shipping this week.

gurki

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:08:16 PM

Has the upgrade been offered by BFL yet?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:14:18 PM

I'm in regional Australia and I've ordered off AMAZON and they send it DHL.  I'd order stuff on a Thursday and it'd arrive the following Tuesday.  From the US no less!

I paid $88 for international shipping, so it better bloody be super speedy delivery already!

paying extra after already paying for "priority" is where I draw the line! Priority means "is as fast as it gets!" (Doesn't it?)
No, it depends on the carrier.
Priority international (To Australia) is a non-express option.

Express options cost quite a bit more. They usually fall into the multi-day category of shipping speed.

There are also critical services available for most carriers which will deliver the same day. Though these are prohibitively expensive. (like 200$ to 500$)

http://www.dhlsameday.com/
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/same-day-delivery.html
http://www.fedex.com/us/sameday/
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 04:07:17 PM

With Avalon shipping it makes no big difference if you get your BFL ASICs in 4 or in 5 weeks from now on. Difficulty will be skyhigh anyway.

From http://www.avalon-asics.com/ : "... note: Avalon will release in small batches of 300-500 every week to prevent back-order ...". That's 33THash. Per week!

If (if!) BFL will really start shipping on Feb. 16th the network will already have 130THash by then. That's 6 times of what it has today.

Good luck BFL fanboys, it will be hard to make your money back.

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 04:50:40 PM

With Avalon shipping it makes no big difference if you get your BFL ASICs in 4 or in 5 weeks from now on. Difficulty will be skyhigh anyway.

From http://www.avalon-asics.com/ : "... note: Avalon will release in small batches of 300-500 every week to prevent back-order ...". That's 33THash. Per week!

If (if!) BFL will really start shipping on Feb. 16th the network will already have 130THash by then. That's 6 times of what it has today.

I do beleive this is why BFL are now refusing to give refunds, (IIRC), With avalon shipping, ALOT of BFL coustomers will want to cancel IMO.

Well, I shall wait, I only have one anyway, I Still have my farm, I am in it for the long haul, Good or bad.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 08:02:55 PM

I do beleive this is why BFL are now refusing to give refunds,

You can't make bold statements like this. BFL has never refused to refund someone AFAIK.
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 11:07:04 PM

You can't make bold statements like this. BFL has never refused to refund someone AFAIK.

This is my statment, I can be as bold as I like (joke) Shocked But seriously, I beleive a partial refund is not a full refund, Ergo "no refunds"
Just my view, Although it could be just on BTC? maybe fiat currency's can be refunded in full?

In any case, I have not had a mail asking about delivery methods? I'm quite early (in the first 1000) I will post when I get anything.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 11:30:53 PM

That 300-500 figure every week is once they've streamlined their production process.  They've never said that they're capable of doing that right now and have explicitly said that their production capability will be affected by Chinese New Year, so there not going to be shipping 300-500 units every weeks just yet.

And yeah, you can usually get Asia>Australia same day or overnight if you're willing to pay for it and especially if you're willing to collect the package yourself from one of their service points.

The annoying as shit thing is that tracking information can be hilariously wrong.  I've had packages delivered while the tracking info is telling me that they haven't even cleared customs yet. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 09:36:43 AM

This is my statment, I can be as bold as I like (joke) Shocked But seriously, I beleive a partial refund is not a full refund, Ergo "no refunds"
Just my view, Although it could be just on BTC? maybe fiat currency's can be refunded in full?

They do reimburse the full USD amount.
noncecents

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 01:13:05 AM

Now we will soon get shipping options but what should I choose for shipping to the UK, DHL, EMS, FedEx or UPS?

The most direct route will be US Postal System.

If you use a commercial courier they will transfer your package to USPS who will then ship out of the US, then transfer your package to Royal Mail.

If you go straight to USPS they will transfer your package directly to the UK's Royal Mail exchange.

By going straight to US Postal you're skipping the middle man.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: