Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:04:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kim Dotcom Mansion: Press conference 2013-01-19 GMT  (Read 20469 times)
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 07:40:32 PM

I will be attending the conference with several staff, We are also considering putting in a few nodes to contribute towards such an interesting project.

Quantum Kiwi - CEO - Logan

YAY!! Where can I follow you??
Have you got some twitter, facebook, etc. account?

Im excited Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 07:48:08 PM

I will be attending the conference with several staff, We are also considering putting in a few nodes to contribute towards such an interesting project.

Im excited Grin
No Spekulatius, you just want to speculate Smiley

http://kim.com/mega/press/

22 hours left.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 08:36:30 PM

Mega advance viewing has pricing for extras in Euros  Angry

Mega;s not gonna be doing bitcoins I don't think, unless he hooks up with BitPay or etc later on maybe?

meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 08:43:16 PM

Im excited Grin

22 hours left.

Ha, we have the next Nathan Mayer Rothschild in our midst  Cheesy

To the Rothschilds, [England's] chief financial agents, Waterloo brought a many million pound scoop.
... a Rothschild agent ... jumped into a boat at Ostend ... Nathan Rothschild ... let his eye fly over the lead paragraphs. A moment later he was on his way to London (beating Wellington's envoy by many hours) to tell the government that Napoleon had been crushed: but his news was not believed, because the government had just heard of the English defeat at Quatre Bras. Then he proceeded to the Stock Exchange.
Another man in his position would have sunk his work into consols (bank annuities), already weak because of Quatre Bras. But this was Nathan Rothschild. He leaned against "his" pillar. He did not invest. He sold. He dumped consols.
...Consols dropped still more. "Rothschild knows," the whisper rippled through the 'Change. "Waterloo is lost."
Nathan kept on selling ... consols plummeted—until, a split second before it was too late, Nathan suddenly bought a giant parcel for a song. Moments afterwards the great news broke, to send consols soaring.
We cannot guess the number of hopes and savings wiped out by this engineered panic.
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 08:55:48 PM

Im excited Grin

22 hours left.

Ha, we have the next Nathan Mayer Rothschild in our midst  Cheesy

To the Rothschilds, [England's] chief financial agents, Waterloo brought a many million pound scoop.
... a Rothschild agent ... jumped into a boat at Ostend ... Nathan Rothschild ... let his eye fly over the lead paragraphs. A moment later he was on his way to London (beating Wellington's envoy by many hours) to tell the government that Napoleon had been crushed: but his news was not believed, because the government had just heard of the English defeat at Quatre Bras. Then he proceeded to the Stock Exchange.
Another man in his position would have sunk his work into consols (bank annuities), already weak because of Quatre Bras. But this was Nathan Rothschild. He leaned against "his" pillar. He did not invest. He sold. He dumped consols.
...Consols dropped still more. "Rothschild knows," the whisper rippled through the 'Change. "Waterloo is lost."
Nathan kept on selling ... consols plummeted—until, a split second before it was too late, Nathan suddenly bought a giant parcel for a song. Moments afterwards the great news broke, to send consols soaring.
We cannot guess the number of hopes and savings wiped out by this engineered panic.

And I tell you right now: BITCOIN IS DOOMED TO FAIL!

Care to sell those worthless coins for some shiny consols? I make a good price Wink
thebaron

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 09:03:50 PM

The problem with taking in as much revenue as he would through Bitcoin is cashing it out. Totally impossible today, even if you utilized all the on and off-exchange markets...including Coinabul.

I don't think that's an accurate assumption. You forget that with the increased demand in order to pay for his service there would likely be an increased volume of trading..

Right, but it would take some time to acclimate to cashing out such huge amounts. People already have issues with Mt.Gox paying them in a reasonable amount of time...
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 10:10:53 PM

Theoretically, if Kim could get suppliers of hosting and bandwidth to take bitcoins, he wouldn't have to cash out anything. Incidentally, this is how the system will work when we grow past the edge-exchanges being relevant.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 10:18:31 PM

Theoretically, if Kim could get suppliers of hosting and bandwidth to take bitcoins, he wouldn't have to cash out anything. Incidentally, this is how the system will work when we grow past the edge-exchanges being relevant.

Reasonable though hosting costs should not be too big of a part of his budget.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 10:32:44 PM

The problem with taking in as much revenue as he would through Bitcoin is cashing it out. Totally impossible today, even if you utilized all the on and off-exchange markets...including Coinabul.
If Mega customers are buying bitcoins to pay for their subscription and Kim will have no trouble at all selling his.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 10:39:14 PM

If mega were to accept BTC there would be serious hints out by now.
It's a 100% rumour without any basis in reality.

I expect a huge crash on the 20th
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2013, 10:43:09 PM

I don't believe this is causing buying so I don't think it will drop price much if any.

There are many other people adopting Bitcoin along with all of the coins slowly leaving weaker hands.

n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 10:51:20 PM

Frankly, only complete idiots would buy BTC in expectation of an announcement based on an unfounded rumour from a 3rd party which they have no relationship to.

This community has done some stupid things in the past, but I don't hink it's that stupid.

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 10:55:31 PM

Frankly, only complete idiots would buy BTC in expectation of an announcement based on an unfounded rumour from a 3rd party which they have no relationship to.

This community has done some stupid things in the past, but I don't hink it's that stupid.

I'm quoting this. Just in case.  Grin

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Polvos

Activity: 597

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 10:56:45 PM

Kim has to bear in mind not only in the inmediate advantages of accepting Bitcoin. If he is really a enterpreneur minded person, has to think a step forward over his future rivals.

Imagine if Mega starts running the cloud crypto service and all the supporters or collaborators start getting in trouble with paypal, with their banks, in order to get their work paid. If only a next rival starts a similar service, and offers payments in bitcoins, all the "cloud" will change to the new service to avoid problems.

I think it's necessary. More than that, it's a must if he wants to mantain superiority over competitors, and of course, to avoid getting his funds seized again.

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 11:35:35 PM

so get Kim a link to this thread

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 11:36:27 PM

I'm quoting this. Just in case.  Grin

He meant to say he expects a huge "bubble" on the 20th. Bubbles are everywhere, you see, every time bitcoin fluctuates Smiley (Even just a little bit!)

Bubble up, bubble down, bubble sideways. (Nah, not really.)

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 12:45:45 AM

One more of the early testers reveil their experience:

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/01/mega-arrives-ars-goes-hands-on-with-kim-dotcoms-cloud-storage-site/

Here is the much quoted interview with (the guardian??) in video:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jan/18/kim-dotcom-fight-internet-freedom?CMP=twt_fd

No mention of payment options, nor Bitcoin though Sad
Spekulatius (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 12:49:41 AM

Seriously though, you guys are our inside men! How can we keep updated on your adventures?
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 12:52:29 AM

Kim has to bear in mind not only in the inmediate advantages of accepting Bitcoin. If he is really a enterpreneur minded person, has to think a step forward over his future rivals.

Imagine if Mega starts running the cloud crypto service and all the supporters or collaborators start getting in trouble with paypal, with their banks, in order to get their work paid. If only a next rival starts a similar service, and offers payments in bitcoins, all the "cloud" will change to the new service to avoid problems.

I think it's necessary. More than that, it's a must if he wants to mantain superiority over competitors, and of course, to avoid getting his funds seized again.
exactly

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
tbcoin
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 01:03:02 AM

No mention of payment options, nor Bitcoin though Sad

That suspicious, it is typical announcing payment systems available Roll Eyes

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All