Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 08:21:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommended altcoins to mine on this configuration  (Read 366 times)
Arny (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:15:49 PM

Hello everyone!

I am a member of a nonprofit which has an always-on and most of the time idle machine, with electricity paid for. Now I figured, instead of sitting idle, it could earn us some coins, at least for some drinks and snacks when we meet there.  Wink

The configuration is: CPU 6-core AMD Phenom II; 8 GB RAM; a NVIDIA GTX 650 GPU (not connected to a monitor, it's there for playing with CUDA and OpenCL). Not quite a new machine, but still somewhat capable I'd say.

Now, my question is, what altcoins are the best to mine on this machine. I understand people hate questions like this (me included), the usual answer would be "research yourself!" However, there are really lots and LOTS of altcoins, and they change all the time. Although I did research those, coming to a meaningful conclusion seems like an impossible mission without experimenting. So, I thought some advice from those more experienced in altcoins would be quite helpful!

I am interested in some coins:
- CPU minable
- minable on the above mentioned GPU
- possibly some PoS coins to complement

It would be nice to have some recommendations of stable enough coins to be worth mining/staking on that machine in parallel, preferably to have say two or more choices for each, to have a reserve in case one of them goes under...

I've also read about "mining" using the HDD as resource, specifically BURST altcoin. Is it worth it, and are there any others working on that principle?

Any advice would be appreciated; thanks in advance!
HerrStromberg

Activity: 8
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 01:19:43 PM

For CPU Mining probably HOdlcoin could work with a 6 core AMD:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317918.0
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 1206

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2016, 02:31:31 PM

I think Burst is not profitable anymore if you want a list of crypto currency that are profitable and mineable with cpu this ia a good list and guide http://cpucoinlist.com/..

Best coin to mine now is maidsafe and monero ,I am using minergate to mine monero now..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: