Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:14:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous coins  (Read 3657 times)
arbitrage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:26:00 AM

"Cell phones will never take off because they are heavy and cost too much."
I didn't said this just wondering where anonymity is going?

What makes you think people like all that anonymity?
Look at facebook and twitter majority of people love to share everything from their lives, what did they eat, where did they slept. Pictures in bathroom and so on.
Small group of people like you and maybe me, can use this new technology.
Many would  use id card on Poloniex and Monero ..as someone mentioned before.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owm123

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:35:17 AM

Look at facebook and twitter majority of people love to share everything from their lives, what did they eat, where did they slept. Pictures in bathroom and so on.

You are right that vast majority simply does not care about their anonymity or privacy. Otherwise facebook, twiter, gmail, outlook, etc would be all out of business.

But small fraction does. And anon coins are for these people. Just like tutanota or protonmail target small fraction off ppl that are not happy with gmail or outlook spying. And these email providers can be succesful, without gmail (or google) or other major email providers going bankrupt.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:40:03 AM

I know you didn't make the cell phone comment, I was making an analogy between dash's anonymity and early cell phones.

Those same people who share photos, what they eat, and where they slept, don't also share their bank statements online. People buy shredders for those types of receipts or go to shredding events held by the local tv station (at least they do in my town).

I'm not sure what you are talking about with ID cards?

andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:43:25 AM

Many would  use id card on Poloniex and Monero ..as someone mentioned before.

You are right that vast majority simply does not care about their anonymity or privacy. Otherwise facebook, twiter, gmail, outlook, etc would be all out of business.

But small fraction does. And anon coins are for these people. Just like tutanota or protonmail target small fraction off ppl that are not happy with gmail or outlook spying. And these email providers can be succesful, without gmail (or google) or other major email providers going bankrupt.
Maybe if anonimity was optional, i like it that why because i wouldnt link my savings to my self for example, why would i let my government or whoever know how much i saved up? Fuck them, also i believe dark coins kinda failed because thats all they offered, anonymity.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:57:03 AM

Maybe if anonimity was optional, i like it that why because i wouldnt link my savings to my self for example, why would i let my government or whoever know how much i saved up? Fuck them, also i believe dark coins kinda failed because thats all they offered, anonymity.

Monero has a view key, so you can hand over business and tax receipts to interested parties.

Darkcoin, rebranded as dash and is not anonymous by default (which is my main criticism of its anonymity function), so you can mix coins or not--though why you wouldn't use a more secure Bitcoin mixer with the same privacy limitations is beyond me.

Though the real question isn't a matter of privacy, it's how do you stop coins from being white or black listed? As long as a coin isn't private, you can't have the adequate fungibility necessary to be considered a digital cash. Governments, and businesses trying to stay compliant with KYC laws, will always segregate coins if the option is available.

andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:04:57 AM

Monero has a view key, so you can hand over business and tax receipts to interested parties.

Darkcoin, rebranded as dash and is not anonymous by default (which is my main criticism of its anonymity function), so you can mix coins or not--though why you wouldn't use a more secure Bitcoin mixer with the same privacy limitations is beyond me.

Though the real question isn't a matter of privacy, it's how do you stop coins from being white or black listed? As long as a coin isn't private, you can't have the adequate fungibility necessary to be considered a digital cash. Governments, and businesses trying to stay compliant with KYC laws, will always segregate coins if the option is available.
I dont understand why do we care about their opinion, we need a trustless exchange on onion or something so we get rid of these damn exchanges that requiere your id and stuff.

⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
arbitrage

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:19:10 AM

I dont understand why do we care about their opinion, we need a trustless exchange on onion or something so we get rid of these damn exchanges that requiere your id and stuff.
That is what i'm talking about exchanges and using of real id to get Monero (Poloniex)..
Yes if you have anonymity in wallet you also must have on street (on exchange ).
I'm supporting anonymity, but i'm concern for it future if we don't have proper exchanges free of risk and free of spy eyes..
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:28:06 AM

That is what i'm talking about exchanges and using of real id to get Monero (Poloniex)..
Yes if you have anonymity in wallet you also must have on street (on exchange ).
I'm supporting anonymity, but i'm concern for it future if we don't have proper exchanges free of risk and free of spy eyes..

Hmm with a bit of luck we will do more in the future about this atleast in the dc, community but we are going to have decentralized exchange clam/darkclam.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 11:34:33 AM

Shapeshift doesn't ask for ID, and AFAIK, Polo doesn't require ID verification as long as you don't go over a certain limit.

adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:58:27 AM

X11coin

Is that XC?
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 12:38:10 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2016, 01:52:52 AM by TPTB_need_war

Not Vanillacoin nor Dash:

I already explained upthread that ZeroTime (even when it is not Sybil attacked) can't scale and even your own shill admitted it isn't trustworthy.

And I already explained that ChainBlender is another Dash-like nonsense anonymity design.

The 'John' is not at our level. Period.

Now you know why the community is ignoring you. And I will now ignore you as well. Enjoy your circle-jerk.

Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 02:43:33 PM

What is best anon coin?
And what is best service and exchange where you like to trade?
Please honest answer, what coin have most chance to succeed?
We all saw what has happened to SDC.. Can this happen to others?
Ruhtilg

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:08:27 PM

There are indications that the Dash (x11) can be mined by ASIC. I used to think Dash is good, not any more.
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 04:13:07 PM

What is best anon coin?

Currently, monero, boolberry or aeon.

My answer will be biased--so please do your own research or ask more specific questions to compare what works, what does it better and which has the strongest development.

Shapeshift if your main concern is privacy and Poloniex if your main concern is volume and price.

Yes, given weak implementations of good technology or using an inferior privacy design, what happened to SDC can and will happen with most of the coins claiming anonymity.

crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:13:42 PM

What is best anon coin?

It's all a matter of opinion. If you ask that your just going to get a bunch of cheer leaders trying to sell their favorite coin.

My suggestion is research all the coins listed.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:20:17 PM

Anon coins are in crisis!
They can be used only for one purpose and that's why they are good.
But never gonna be so successful as bitcoin or even LTC..
First announcement of Dark Coin made me to think - this will kill bitcoin in few weeks..
and nothing happened.

First, you can't have a fungible currency without privacy. It's not by accident that CT was developed to help Bitcoin's fungibility issue.

Second, darkcoin is a piss poor design for an anonymous coin. Everyone who has a clue knows it and that's why you don't see any early adopters of Bitcoin using it. So if that's your metric, I would upgrade your understanding of anonymity before making the statement as it's the equivalent of saying, "Cell phones will never take off because they are heavy and cost too much."

Your a full of shit on a persistent colossal scale.

You can bicker about which shitty ass Anon coin is better but they are all pointless stupid gimmick garbage.And all fo them exist to part users from Bitcoin so they can be cashed out to FIAT..

FUD first & ask questions later™
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 04:52:54 PM

Anon coins are in crisis!
They can be used only for one purpose and that's why they are good.
But never gonna be so successful as bitcoin or even LTC..
First announcement of Dark Coin made me to think - this will kill bitcoin in few weeks..
and nothing happened.

First, you can't have a fungible currency without privacy. It's not by accident that CT was developed to help Bitcoin's fungibility issue.

Second, darkcoin is a piss poor design for an anonymous coin. Everyone who has a clue knows it and that's why you don't see any early adopters of Bitcoin using it. So if that's your metric, I would upgrade your understanding of anonymity before making the statement as it's the equivalent of saying, "Cell phones will never take off because they are heavy and cost too much."

Your a full of shit on a persistent colossal scale.

You can bicker about which shitty ass Anon coin is better but they are all pointless stupid gimmick garbage.And all fo them exist to part users from Bitcoin so they can be cashed out to FIAT..

As always your eloquent, thoughtful, level-headed, polite and fact based criticism shows how endeared you are to using this forum as a method to separate legitimate technology from pump and dump schemes.

arbitrage

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:12:46 PM

I'm looking these days at XC, i'm wondering can this be pumped aging?
I don't see much activity but with some good news this can be rise again, what do you think?
Is it worth it?
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:10:02 PM

I'm looking these days at XC, i'm wondering can this be pumped aging?
I don't see much activity but with some good news this can be rise again, what do you think?
Is it worth it?
Why everyone thinking about pumps, im really impatient to see how darkclam does on the xcp exchange till we launch it.

arbitrage

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:56:47 PM

Why everyone thinking about pumps
Well we all needs good all times and great pumps.
That was ultimativ way o get more btcs, and to experience such
 adrenalin for a few days how much one good pump takes.

Ps i'm gonna see now what are you talking about darkclaim Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: