Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:17:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the ultimate system for Bitcoins reputation?  (Read 1932 times)
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 11:54:05 AM

I have Ubuntu. But my system reboots every 6 hours and *always* corrupt my blockchain, forcing me download everything again Sad

But I'll try to use a VirtualBox with snapshots, so if I have the DB corrupt again I just recover the last snapshot. Anyway, OTC is complicated. For me, a 11-yrs programmers is annoying the steps, you can imagine for my mum, for example. It's true: OTC is impossible to handle. We have a more user-friendly system, maybe linked with Facebook account. I know it is possible to make FB fakes, but it's hard to do a good fake, with a lot of pics, old posts, real friends etc.
I used Electrum for signing. You are lucky GPG come pre-installed with Ubuntu but I don't think you will go that far. 

I don't use Facecrap btw.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

I have Ubuntu. But my system reboots every 6 hours and *always* corrupt my blockchain, forcing me download everything again Sad

But I'll try to use a VirtualBox with snapshots, so if I have the DB corrupt again I just recover the last snapshot. Anyway, OTC is complicated. For me, a 11-yrs programmers is annoying the steps, you can imagine for my mum, for example. It's true: OTC is impossible to handle. We have a more user-friendly system, maybe linked with Facebook account. I know it is possible to make FB fakes, but it's hard to do a good fake, with a lot of pics, old posts, real friends etc.
I used Electrum for signing. You are lucky GPG come pre-installed with Ubuntu but I don't think you will go that far. 

Ditto on Facebook, not worth it.

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 03:09:12 PM

what is the ultimate system for Bitcoins reputation on the great mass? OTC does not count because it's complicated. TL; DL.

OTC is the system. You're the thing that doesn't count. (I mean thing literally. You're not a person, you're just another boring and useless thing.)

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 03:28:08 PM

If your system can't handle https://github.com/brainwallet/brainwallet.github.com for signing, then it's time to throw it off a cliff.

I need to find a cliff for this iCrap.  I'm in WV so it shouldn't be hard.

I assume iCrap means iPad. If so, it's just Javascript... you can use http://brainwallet.org/#sign - over secured wireless internet that you trust with your life.

Unbelievable. I can just barely pull off basic HTML and AppleScript, and even I was/am able to do it. ENOUGH ALREADY.

iPhone... it's probably possible, just unusably laggy.  I have plenty of devices that can handle it.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 03:29:22 PM

Ditto on Facebook, not worth it.

notme likes this Wink

facebook free since 2012

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: