Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:33:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First Dash ASIC Miner has arrived : iBeLink™ DM384M ASIC Dash Miner  (Read 4193 times)
fernforest

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:30:13 AM

So much for algorithms saying they are asic proof. lol. Anything is possible with time...
Evan Duffield has said X11 was not ASIC-resistant. It was only meant to delay ASIC mining.
cavaliersrus

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 04:31:52 AM

price on the unit is 2k kinda steep but since there the only asic right now i know of for x11 im sure they will get that price

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 08:17:48 AM

Time to switch the algo then? It's likely the ASIC manufacturer has already mined enough to cover their costs anyway so no loss for anyone.
Tacalt

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 11:57:55 AM

Time to switch the algo then? It's likely the ASIC manufacturer has already mined enough to cover their costs anyway so no loss for anyone.

The market cap is just $24 million for Dash, which is the largest X11 coin. How much does the ASIC development cost?
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 12:02:59 PM

So much for algorithms saying they are asic proof. lol. Anything is possible with time...
Evan Duffield has said X11 was not ASIC-resistant. It was only meant to delay ASIC mining.

Uh he did? See:

http://en.wiki.dashninja.pl/wiki/X11#ASIC_resistance

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 12:22:23 PM

Uh he did? See:

http://en.wiki.dashninja.pl/wiki/X11#ASIC_resistance

Evan Duffield, the creator of Darkcoin and X11 chained-hash, has wrote on several occasions that X11 was integrated into Darkcoin not with the intention to prevent ASIC manufacturers from creating ASICs for X11 in the future, but rather to provide a similar migratory path that Bitcoin had (CPUs, GPUs, ASICs). He expects that eventually, as Darkcoin grows in market capitalization, and ASIC investments becomes profitable, ASICs will be developed.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 01:10:38 PM

Whatever you guys think of a new ASIC miner... DO NOT PREORDER ONE. Wait for them to ship upon purchase!

I have watched over and over and over etc... People buy preorders and get burned. I know I should not have to say that, but people never learn.
Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:55:56 PM

Can this be a good news?
For some coins this will bring more security to network, just like Asic did the same for bitcoin?
cryptohunter2

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:32:58 PM

Probably best to change coins rather than algo.

Ditch dash and buy something that is useful. Dash is going nowhere but down from here.

You will never get ROI on this asic miner.
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:37:52 PM

Probably best to change coins rather than algo.

Ditch dash and buy something that is useful. Dash is going nowhere but down from here.

You will never get ROI on this asic miner.

troll damage control in progress i see  Grin

Can this be a good news?
For some coins this will bring more security to network, just like Asic did the same for bitcoin?

yes, i think the arrival of Dash ASIC miners is good news as it professionalize Dash mining and secures the network even more.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 10:24:52 PM

http://imgur.com/a/rPFmv
Not sure how to post pictures here, but copy the link and it should work.

I'm getting a Power conditioner later today and I'll get footage of it running and hashing for everyone to see!

Pictures of BitWater's received iBeLink Dash ASIC Miner from Dash ANN thread :

Link : https://dashtalk.org/threads/ibelink-dm384m-asic-dash-miner.8070/

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Fasdartin

Activity: 618

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 09:37:03 AM

Any review of the miner. It seems it is real. But the Dash mining difficult is still around 3500. Does it mean the manufacturers have already use it?
Rabinovitch_recovery

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:45:16 AM

Can this be a good news?

Is that secure now, when (because of ASICs maybe?) the most part of hashing power is concentrated in hands of some enclave
 of (chinese?) people (pool owners)?..
Fasdartin

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:44:08 PM

Can this be a good news?

Is that secure now, when (because of ASICs maybe?) the most part of hashing power is concentrated in hands of some enclave
 of (chinese?) people (pool owners)?..

Does it mean the safety of Dash is determined by some Chinese people or other small groups of people?
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 05:18:45 AM

Yep, with time and dedication anything is possible. Important thing here is that Dash just like Bitcoin was given some years to
provide CPU & GPU mining before moving towards ASIC mining (which was the objective anyways, trying to avoid ASIC mining in the very early phase).

Either way, pretty cool news, could help move the markets a bit with more coins coming in. Is it for the bad or is it for the good? As always, time will tell.

In my undestanding the number of generated coins is not influenced by the speed of the mining. It wil just be more difficult to solve the hash puzzle. More power with a more difficult puzzle causes the same time to solve the puzzle that will generate new coins.

Nothing wil change.

It is only interesting for people who get the first mining equipment: their hash power will then be temporarily much higher then others so they will receive a bigger share of the generated coins.

If your right .. Then the only advantage might be asics power efficiency over GPU's. That might be worth looking into..
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:29:14 AM

It's in stock now, who would like to order it? )

It's sad that they "can't ship to Russia" for some reason... Everyone else can, but not they.  Angry

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 07:33:40 AM

To those who already have this device: how much does it mine (BTC/day or USD/day) and where (multipool, nicehash)?

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
cavaliersrus

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:27:03 PM

i dont think anybody on this forum has one of these asics

Fasdartin

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 08:22:56 PM

i dont think anybody on this forum has one of these asics

That is quite strange.  I don't see either. But the http://cryptomining-blog.com/ has seen the software.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 01:36:29 PM

I've seen this twice before with Bitcoin then Litecoin. I was twice the sucker. Don't be the sucker please... it is not a fun experience.

Fool me once, shame on me... Fool me twice, shame on you... Fool me three times, hell no? lol

I feel ya tho.

Just out of curiosity......I don't plan to get one....but I see they are $899  on aliexpress the baikal 150m 40w units.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gridseed-USB-MINER-Scrypt-Miner-5-2-6MH-S-LITECOIN-Miner-DOGECOIN-MINER-send-by-DHL/32664933777.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.2.ZZQNP7&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_2_10017_507_401,searchweb201603_6&btsid=e18444df-d06b-4b48-b1e7-0cf7b919b61e

Were they not like 450 usd or some such a month in the past or am I mistaken and they were always 899.00

Just curious on the evolution on all this. In the last I heard there were 3 was it x11 asic miner products all of a sudden.

thanks

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: