Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:37:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Relaunched https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1391598.0  (Read 9530 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Mote

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:42:54 PM

Relaunch will just bring problems, not needed. Pools were up  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pepeteam (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 270

PepeCoin / Memetic Developers

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 01:43:15 PM

The network is now down and we need to fix Checkpointing and moneysupply problems. PEPE will relaunch within 24 hours.

We initially thought that it was an issue with forking because perhaps we didn't have the git set to public, as we were all scrambling and sharing information and trying to act quickly to resolve the issue, we discovered that the money supply output in the wallet was behaving erratically. We must repair this issue and relaunch. We're very sorry. We understand that some of you may have taken some losses on mining, but with the coin in it's current state it is flawed and must be relaunched.

Lol total bullshit.. Everything is good concerning network health.

I wonder what you have missed here..

Count me out for the relaunch

Very sorry OCminer, perhaps we acted too quickly in taking it down. We didn't want things to progress further and become more complicated and costly to miners. We'll relaunch without you, but we've always been fans of Suprnova and were very happy to so you rapidly add us. Again, very sorry.
ROBERTO
Legendary

Activity: 1421
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:46:42 PM

If you relaunch this, hope you premine some coins to give it for people mining this at start
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 01:47:20 PM

If you come back in an hour and say "OK, nevermind, we are gonna keep the current chain!!", you are gonna piss off everyone that stopped mining and everyone will be (rightfully) suspicious that you did it to drop difficulty temporarily.

If you relaunch at a later time with a new chain, you are losing the support of practically everyone here.

It's now or never.  Announce you are keeping the current chain or let your coin die.
pepeteam (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 01:49:18 PM

If you relaunch this, hope you premine some coins to give it for people mining this at start
we can consider doing a premine and an air drop? but often this gets a lot of negative interest as well. You can bet if we relaunch we will be sharing some coins with those that were inconvenienced, we're already thinking about this.
zsnorbi

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:49:37 PM

If dev won't keep this chain somebody should take over the coin and keep this chain let's see what will dev do with his relaunch without miners lol
You just can't mess with peoples money just like that
Crypt0bull

Activity: 183
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:51:28 PM

we can consider doing a premine and an air drop? but often this gets a lot of negative interest as well. You can bet if we relaunch we will be sharing some coins with those that were inconvenienced, we're already thinking about this.

and how will you do this???
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 01:52:31 PM

Ok, but if the reason you stopped the current chain is instamining, won't the instaminer get coins too?  What's the point?
nikl

Activity: 635

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:52:36 PM

Airdrop? People mined this coin, payed for hashes, at least you can swap coins from old chain, not shitty airdrop.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 01:52:45 PM

Lol now you are planning a relaunch with premine ? This is getting worse minute by minute.

I feel sorry for my miners that I felt lucky and added this coin and even tweeted about it.

Rest assured i won't do this error twice

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
pepeteam (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 01:56:20 PM

Lol now you are planning a relaunch with premine ? This is getting worse minute by minute.

I feel sorry for my miners that I felt lucky and added this coin and even tweeted about it.

No we're not "planning" a relaunch with premine we're considering the possibility of benefiting those who took a chance and mined here. We want to make things fair to them also.
purplejaguar

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:58:29 PM

LOL got to shakeout all the miners who were in on this so that dev team gets more coins on relaunch  Grin
zsnorbi

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 01:59:39 PM

No we're not "planning" a relaunch with premine we're considering the possibility of benefiting those who took a chance and mined here. We want to make things fair to them also.

So the instaminer who from your point caused the relaunch would get the benefits too what is the difference from keeping this chain then? The coins reputation just took a very sharp downvard curve because of your nonsense. If you want to keep some of the early enthusiasm keep the chan!
nikl

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:00:15 PM

There are 765000 coins mined atm. You can premine this amount and swap old coins for new, but the better idea is to fix issues without stopping the chain.
Mote

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:02:08 PM

dev if people dont want relaunch you need to keep the same chain
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 02:02:21 PM

I don't want to mine a broken coin either but the reasons you have given for stopping mining are instamining and technical issues (moneysupply and checkpoints).

A relaunch won't fix the instamining problem if you do an airdrop to the original miners because the instaminers get coins too.

Whatever issues there were with moneysupply and checkpoints seem minor, and I see no reason to think they couldn't be fixed in a future update.

It feels like you are making up really lame excuses because you were planning on instamining more coins but other miners got to it quicker than you had hoped.
white92d15b7

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

GPU Coin Dev

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:02:26 PM

why isnt the wallet working ? or why cant i find any connections?

and any of you guys with big hash machines feel free to not mine this coin anymore and let some little guys have it Smiley

SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 02:04:04 PM

why isnt the wallet working ? or why cant i find any connections?

and any of you guys with big hash machines feel free to not mine this coin anymore and let some little guys have it Smiley

You are late to the party pal.  This coin is DOA.
nikl

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:07:26 PM

Wallets and source were up at launch. It was a fair competition. If somebody can't solo mine,
he can take few lessons from my cat.
Vaxa

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:08:16 PM

I like it! Such coin need to launch with drama. I'll wait for relaunch!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: