Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:00:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Relaunched https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1391598.0  (Read 9530 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MantaMine

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:09:12 PM

I don't want to mine a broken coin either but the reasons you have given for stopping mining are instamining and technical issues (moneysupply and checkpoints).

A relaunch won't fix the instamining problem if you do an airdrop to the original miners because the instaminers get coins too.

Whatever issues there were with moneysupply and checkpoints seem minor, and I see no reason to think they couldn't be fixed in a future update.

It feels like you are making up really lame excuses because you were planning on instamining more coins but other miners got to it quicker than you had hoped.

Good point, how can this coin continue with development if the devs don't get any coins though, that's the way of it.  Like it, love it, or leave it...  

I support a relaunch of this coin, it should be given a fair shake for the people that paid for hash though, I spent about 0.3BTC on mining rentals on nh and would rather see this coin relaunched with a take for the devs so that development continues than continue on this fork.  This coin can be huge imho.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pepeteam (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 270

PepeCoin / Memetic Developers

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 02:10:08 PM

I don't want to mine a broken coin either but the reasons you have given for stopping mining are instamining and technical issues (moneysupply and checkpoints).

A relaunch won't fix the instamining problem if you do an airdrop to the original miners because the instaminers get coins too.

Whatever issues there were with moneysupply and checkpoints seem minor, and I see no reason to think they couldn't be fixed in a future update.

It feels like you are making up really lame excuses because you were planning on instamining more coins but other miners got to it quicker than you had hoped.

I don't think the issue was actually caused by instamining. again it was because every wallet we had had a different wallet money supply output, and other information that was innacurate. We thought we had forked, one of the developers said that maybe we forgot to make the git public, when in fact we did make it public after all. there was a lot of confusion and a lot going on. Again, we're sorry. We have a lot of time in to this project (we've been working on it since july of 2015) and we need to make sure that things go right at the launch for us to bring it in to fruition. We're going to make the necessary fixes and start over.

There really is no way of continuing without people being upset. Had we left the coin up and running, more funds would have been used to mine, leading to the potential of further frustrations. We stopped things quickly to control that. If you like the branding, the coin, the pos and reward system let us relaunch and give us a second chance.
Panadacoin

Activity: 296
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:12:49 PM

I don't think the issue was actually caused by instamining. again it was because every wallet we had had a different wallet money supply output, and other information that was innacurate. We thought we had forked, one of the developers said that maybe we forgot to make the git public, when in fact we did make it public after all. there was a lot of confusion and a lot going on. Again, we're sorry. We have a lot of time in to this project (we've been working on it since july of 2015) and we need to make sure that things go right at the launch for us to bring it in to fruition. We're going to make the necessary fixes and start over.

Listen here Mr.SOB, you don't even know what went wrong so how are you going to "make the necessary fixes" ?
badam

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:13:19 PM

The only problem with moneysupply was that it was reset every time the client was closed. Not a big deal you can fix it on actual chain
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 02:19:58 PM

Well, it is what it is.  I was enthusiastic when I first saw the coin.  The PoS system is unique and Pepe is a fun meme.  I doubt we will ever see a meme coin ascend to DOGE heights again, but it gives you an idea of how high a coin with a popular meme can go.  I'd hate to see the project die.

I'll exit the thread for now, and cautiously watch this project for the time being.
finder

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:31:48 PM

Ha ha funny 33 g
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 02:34:36 PM

Calm yo titties. The world isn't ending yet.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
mirador17

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:43:39 PM

says the fraudulent alcoholics.  Tongue Tongue Tongue
xProphet

Activity: 128

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:56:37 PM

>rented a rig
>mined coins
>relaunch
nikl

Activity: 635

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:00:54 PM

>rented a rig
>mined coins
>relaunch

...rented a rig
mined coins
oh... shitty wallet icon issue
relaunch
pepeteam (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 270

PepeCoin / Memetic Developers

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 03:03:17 PM

>rented a rig
>mined coins
>relaunch

Sorry prophet Sad We are going to relaunch as soon as possible.
g3rszpi

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:14:44 PM

I guess just instaminig doesn't worked rip
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 03:15:22 PM

fucking morning gamble or 0.2btc

KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 03:46:23 PM

>rented a rig
>mined coins
>relaunch

Are you new to altcoins or what?

says the fraudulent alcoholics.  Tongue Tongue Tongue
Roll Eyes

Well, I wasted about $14 renting rigs on this one.
Don't you know that investing your life savings in altcoins is dangerous?

kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 03:55:54 PM

pepe coin SRSLY ? this is not 2014
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 04:03:11 PM

Dude, the house I am sitting in right now was purchased 100% in cash with profits from crypto.  I'm not some 15 year old kid who has never even held an entire BTC in his whole life.  Was just saying it because money is money.
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 04:05:59 PM

pepe coin SRSLY ? this is not 2014

Yeah, and this isn't 4chan or /r9k/.  Normies have co-opted Pepe and 'le sad frog maymay' is still relatively fresh with the reddit crowd.
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 04:06:34 PM

Dude, the house I am sitting in right now was purchased 100% in cash with profits from crypto.  I'm not some 15 year old kid who has never even held an entire BTC in his whole life.  Was just saying it because money is money.
Yeah, and stating that "$14" has been lost due to a shitcoin launch, will make you look richer or something?

timertrainer

Activity: 135

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 04:07:08 PM

Awesome! This coin looks neat, and a relaunch is extremely fair. More people will be mining and more coins will be distributed. I don't see why the team would announce such a short timeframe in which they'll launch if they plan on instamining more. Logic pls.
KeyserSozeMC

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 04:08:08 PM

Awesome! This coin looks neat, and a relaunch is extremely fair. More people will be mining and more coins will be distributed. I don't see why the team would announce such a short timeframe in which they'll launch if they plan on instamining more. Logic pls.
It was a ninja coin, there's the logic. Most of you might be sleeping when it re-launches.

That's the "ninja coin" logic.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: