Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:40:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How does the trust system work?  (Read 530 times)
-tK (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:01:08 PM

Sorry for my newbie question.

I read this topic but I can't understand how the trust system works in the marketplace section. This is what it said:

The first number is the user's trust score calculated based on how consistently they've received positive feedback. Probably no one will get a score above 0 until the system has been around for at least a month. The second number is the number of reported scams. The third number increases with the number of positive reports, as does the fourth number in parenthesis, though the fourth number is more resistant to abuse. This text changes color depending on the score. Users with a negative score (attainable through scamming) get a red warning attached to their posts.

I get the second and third/fourth numbers, but how is the first number calculated?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:04:58 PM

Sorry for my newbie question.

I read this topic but I can't understand how the trust system works in the marketplace section. This is what it said:

The first number is the user's trust score calculated based on how consistently they've received positive feedback. Probably no one will get a score above 0 until the system has been around for at least a month. The second number is the number of reported scams. The third number increases with the number of positive reports, as does the fourth number in parenthesis, though the fourth number is more resistant to abuse. This text changes color depending on the score. Users with a negative score (attainable through scamming) get a red warning attached to their posts.

I get the second and third/fourth numbers, but how is the first number calculated?
I believe its based on how often you recieve positive trust ratings.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:05:29 PM

basically it is the total score calculated based on the 2nd and 3rd (there's no 4th. theymos removed it.) scores. here's the full algorithm:
Code:
if there are no negative ratings
score = 0
for each rating, oldest to newest
if this rater has already been counted
continue
score += min(10, round_up(months since rating))
else
score = unique_positive - 2^(unique_negative)
if score >= 0
start_time = time of first negative
score = unique_positive since start_time - unique_negative since start_time
if(score < 0)
return ??? (orange)

move score to range [-9999,9999]
return score

taken from this thread > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066857.0
-tK (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:36:09 PM

basically it is the total score calculated based on the 2nd and 3rd (there's no 4th. theymos removed it.) scores. here's the full algorithm:
Code:
if there are no negative ratings
score = 0
for each rating, oldest to newest
if this rater has already been counted
continue
score += min(10, round_up(months since rating))
else
score = unique_positive - 2^(unique_negative)
if score >= 0
start_time = time of first negative
score = unique_positive since start_time - unique_negative since start_time
if(score < 0)
return ??? (orange)

move score to range [-9999,9999]
return score

taken from this thread > https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066857.0

That makes more sense, thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: