Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:05:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum vs Lisk  (Read 13630 times)
1ofthemany

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 09:49:06 AM

I find it ridiculous to compare ethereum with lisk since the quality of their teams is nowhere near each other.

Lisk is basically a two-man team. A university student and a web developer who decided to dump their previous team and fork their failed project. Comparing that shit to the allstar team working on ethereum is laughable.

People seem to never learn the number one rule for start-ups:

Good team + mediocre idea >>>> Mediocre team + good idea

It's all about execution, not promises. Now people are pouring money into promises. Get-rich-quick mentality is strong amongst liskers. "B-but javascript..."
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:17:18 PM

It is not about the team, it is about the tech. Lisk will be offer more on release than Ethereum did and still do.

I find it ridiculous to compare ethereum with lisk since the quality of their teams is nowhere near each other.

Lisk is basically a two-man team. A university student and a web developer who decided to dump their previous team and fork their failed project. Comparing that shit to the allstar team working on ethereum is laughable.

People seem to never learn the number one rule for start-ups:

Good team + mediocre idea >>>> Mediocre team + good idea

It's all about execution, not promises. Now people are pouring money into promises. Get-rich-quick mentality is strong amongst liskers. "B-but javascript..."
1ofthemany

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:33:36 PM

It is not about the team, it is about the tech. Lisk will be offer more on release than Ethereum did and still do.

What it offers is a two-man team and a crypti fork. Nothing more, nothing less.
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 12:41:19 PM

What it offers is a two-man team and a crypti fork. Nothing more, nothing less.

$6Million will buy quite the all star team i would say! FUDders crying that they didnt get in on ICO can just buy from exchanges. People will dump cheap in the first couple of months im sure

thms

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 02:54:52 PM

$6Million will buy quite the all star team i would say! FUDders crying that they didnt get in on ICO can just buy from exchanges. People will dump cheap in the first couple of months im sure

No one knows for sure if they really collected $6 mil. It could be just a made up figure to motivate people to invest.
iudica

Activity: 704
Merit: 559

online justice

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 11:53:58 AM

No one knows for sure if they really collected $6 mil. It could be just a made up figure to motivate people to invest.

If just you don't know it for sure, doesn't mean, nobody know it for sure  Wink There are several people around with better insides, so relax...

cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:26:47 AM

Vitalik. Period. any questions?
gtfoh with that lisk bs

I got a question.  So, is the original question that Vitalik is the answer to "which cock do I stroke the most in my dreams"?
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 10:37:46 PM

You are mostly right. Tech is what's most important on a crypto currency (not to mention usability as well) but in this case, it looks to me nothing more than a Crypti fork. However, it could prove to be a very successful platform for dapps if there is promising development and new features.  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Alondre

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Quiero mi bocadillo

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:38:01 PM

You are mostly right. Tech is what's most important on a crypto currency (not to mention usability as well) but in this case, it looks to me nothing more than a Crypti fork. However, it could prove to be a very successful platform for dapps if there is promising development and new features.  Roll Eyes

You will see with Lisk the new Eth

```
Join the XEL revolution!  XEL - Decentralized Grid-computing
XEL WEBSITE | ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | XEL DISCORD | XEL WIKI
```
MGM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:56:24 AM

Official Lisk Mobile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5diIT7NASg

SydorFunk

Activity: 114

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:47:34 AM

You are mostly right. Tech is what's most important on a crypto currency (not to mention usability as well) but in this case, it looks to me nothing more than a Crypti fork. However, it could prove to be a very successful platform for dapps if there is promising development and new features.  Roll Eyes

Tech = King argument sounds like NXT in 2013 but hasn't been the case.  Ethereum launched with a command prompt and bad fundamentals, and as far as we know, shelved and broke a lot of promises and today it's $1 Billion.  

IMR

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 02:39:03 PM

Is it worth to invest in LISK? Can apps be shared between ETH and LISK?
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Bazinga!

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:05:43 PM

Is it worth to invest in LISK? Can apps be shared between ETH and LISK?

if you are looking for profit through trading them, i think investing in LISK is very good opportunity.

and also i think LISK is going to be similar to ETH in how its price is going to change.

Buying the dip...
mb556677

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 03:46:07 PM

they keep saying "javascript javascript javascript" but ETH has a javascript client... I agree with others, nothing new or original here at all.
winterzauber

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 04:16:40 PM

hi their!

Why not to vote here?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1420030.0

thanks

NXT-BXK9-6SJ2-ET7T-D9R9P
Fademigo

Activity: 201
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:48:49 PM

they keep saying "javascript javascript javascript" but ETH has a javascript client... I agree with others, nothing new or original here at all.

Is Lisk PoW or PoS? If it is PoS from the start, I will not touch it. If there is PoW period for a year or two, I will mine it.
McDonalds5

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:27:01 PM

eth is scam, buy lisk now. this is proven many times
Fademigo

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 11:44:36 AM

eth is scam, buy lisk now. this is proven many times

How is that proved? Ethereum was out in July  last year and it was developed actively. The price rose as a result.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 12:47:17 AM

Is Lisk PoW or PoS? If it is PoS from the start, I will not touch it. If there is PoW period for a year or two, I will mine it.

As far as I am concerned, Lisk will be only PoS so I think that Ethereum has a huge advantage to it since you could mine ETH whereas with Lisk, you need to own some coins in order to receive stakes. It would only prove itself to be a successful platform for dapps if there is enough adoption. As far as I could tell, dapp platforms like Ethereum are slowly being adopted. Just my opinion.  Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Fademigo

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 12:20:34 PM

As far as I am concerned, Lisk will be only PoS so I think that Ethereum has a huge advantage to it since you could mine ETH whereas with Lisk, you need to own some coins in order to receive stakes. It would only prove itself to be a successful platform for dapps if there is enough adoption. As far as I could tell, dapp platforms like Ethereum are slowly being adopted. Just my opinion.  Smiley

As Lisk is PoS only and I am not interested in the PoS only coin as I do not want to spend money to buy coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: