Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:15:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LibertyBets.com || New project of a Bitcoin Game  (Read 1357 times)
Mae (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2013, 02:26:57 AM

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/675003/LBETS/snap.png

Hello!

I would like to present our new Bitcoin Game. Website: http://www.libertybets.com

The site has been created thanks to my team formed by:
  • A very experienced programer. His in charge on the technical aspects. His nickname is Flaab.
  • An Industrial Engineer (myselft). I'm overlooking all the project and validating the maths.
  • Several investors. They are hands off investors and they don't have any implication in the bitcoin world or this community

We are all successful entrepreneurs in other areas and we are all libertarian (that's why we love freedom and bitcoin). Now you guys can figure out where the name of the website comes from.

We will be adding new features, we have some good ideas to add value but the current advantages/features of our site are:
  • A very fun pot of money someone will eventually win.
  • Easy to use. Designed from humans to humans.
  • Respectful to the Bitcoin network. Payouts are made in one single transaction to avoid creating unnecessary traffic.
  • Reliable payouts. The website is designed in a way it can handle more than 50 transactions every minute without any delay or lag.
  • Customer support.
  • Of corse the outcome of every bet is easy to validate.

If you have any question I will be delighted to answer it. Also if you feel more curious about the deep details in the technical side, Flaab will be answering all your doubts. Feel free to answer in this thread but please, if you consider your comment or question private or not in the interest of the community you should contact to our support filling the "contact us" form available at our site.

I hope you have fun with our game!

Williams.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 03:01:18 AM

Be free, Be freely... and... 1.9% house edge Huh
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 04:37:12 AM

• Payouts are made in one single transaction to avoid creating unnecessary traffic.

So the party that sends a wager using a transaction that will never confirm (ultimately because it gets double-spent) can cause a disruption to the payouts for everyone else who had the misfortune of sending a wager that will be processed in the same payout batch?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 08:23:45 AM

OP - Start here.

• Payouts are made in one single transaction to avoid creating unnecessary traffic.

So the party that sends a wager using a transaction that will never confirm (ultimately because it gets double-spent) can cause a disruption to the payouts for everyone else who had the misfortune of sending a wager that will be processed in the same payout batch?

I would say you're thinking too far ahead. Give them six months.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 19, 2013, 11:42:59 AM

Some friendly advice Smiley

1. Cool design. Should make it responsive too.

2. Seriously? Yet another dice game?  btcdice/royalbitcoins/nakabot/I lost count. Please do something original. And by original, I mean something like BTCKeno or that bitcoin RPS game, not another video poker or blackjack.

3. Why would a player want to contribute to the lottery pot if he's playing dice, and has no chance to win the pot?  Huh

Okay, actual advice now:

4. You shouldn't call "x2" when it's actually "x1.976". Instead, make it pay out two times, and just adjust the odds to 49.4% or something.

5. Have some sucker 97% / 80% / etc dice tiers. Why? Well, let's say you have 1.92 BTC and you want to buy that bitmit item for 2 BTC.

6. Most important one. DON'T ACCEPT 0 CONFIRM, 0 FEE TXes UNLESS ALL THE INPUTS ARE CONFIRMED. And the one TX per minute isn't well thought out, like what Stephen said.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 02:17:58 AM

2. Seriously? Yet another dice game?  btcdice/royalbitcoins/nakabot/I lost count. Please do something original.

Well, to  be fair, with this one to win you must roll a 1.  No other number rolled will win.

And by original, I mean something like [...]

Oh, more than just changing the method that the "random" number determines the outcome of the game...   yup, people aren't saying Dice games are great, they just like the low house advantage and instant payout.  There are so many possibilities that would be more entertaining and still result in the appropriate dopamine releases that come from winning.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 01:27:32 AM

Found the site via an ad on this forum.

What's up with all the grammatical errors?

All you need to play is some Bitcoins, the new virtual currency!

All you need to play are some bitcoins, a new virtual currency. (or simply a virtual currency)

Open a Bitcoins Wallet

you will receive a long string of numbers and letters referred to as the Bitcoins Address

You wallet is open but sadly empty!

There's more, but I wanted to give a few examples to drive my point home.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:33:28 PM

Found the site via an ad on this forum.

What's up with all the grammatical errors?

All you need to play is some Bitcoins, the new virtual currency!

All you need to play are some bitcoins, a new virtual currency. (or simply a virtual currency)

Open a Bitcoins Wallet

you will receive a long string of numbers and letters referred to as the Bitcoins Address

You wallet is open but sadly empty!

There's more, but I wanted to give a few examples to drive my point home.

Maybe not native english speaking devs, then it could be a good thing to have someone speaking english to look it over, like you just pointed out. Well done!
addi

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

https://satoshibet.com

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 07:24:49 PM

Design is better than average, I like that. But don't present yourself like your a big shot company with investors and stuff while all you did is create a gambling site for an unregulated currency as a side project. It's so pointless Smiley
That said, good luck

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: