Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Examples and pictures of <100$ mining rigs  (Read 1622 times)
jpucela14 (OP)

Activity: 357
Merit: 251

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 08:54:18 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2016, 08:31:06 AM by jpucela14

I´m looking for getting a small rig (just for fun, im not looking for profit). Please post your small mining rigs.
Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 10:05:01 AM

I´m looking for getting a small rig (just for fan, im not looking for profit). Please post your small mining rigs.
Thank you!

Well i have S1's;
https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140107162747992Ce5uBuxW06D6

If you're in Canada, i could sell you one or two. Also the proper board to post this is; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0 so you can move your own thread there or whatever.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Guruclef

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:53:44 AM

I´m looking for getting a small rig (just for fan, im not looking for profit). Please post your small mining rigs.
Thank you!

If it's just for fun, nothing beats the Gekkoscience compac stick. Sorry I just have this bad picture:
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:19:18 AM

The best $100 spent in some time.

Sometimes the small things matter more.
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:36:25 AM

Thank you!

Well i have S1's;
https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140107162747992Ce5uBuxW06D6

If you're in Canada, i could sell you one or two. Also the proper board to post this is; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0 so you can move your own thread there or whatever.

I Live in Spain... a bit difficult hahaha Thanks anyways  Wink

jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:04:52 AM

Thank you!

If it's just for fun, nothing beats the Gekkoscience compac stick. Sorry I just have this bad picture:

Nice One! Whats the speed and the hardware cost?

jekecoin

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 09:34:41 AM

you can found the sticks from 25$ in USA or 50€ in Europe Sad, the hash rate is 8+Ghs to arround 15Ghs

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:40:09 AM

The best $100 spent in some time.

Sometimes the small things matter more.
Thanks for sharing! Nice one

jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:46:38 AM

you can found the sticks from 25$ in USA or 50€ in Europe Sad, the hash rate is 8+Ghs to arround 15Ghs

I live in Spain and all the mining hardware here is more expensive than in other countries  Cry

jekecoin

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 10:08:05 AM

I live in Spain and all the mining hardware here is more expensive than in other countries  Cry
I know sire, I'm from Spain too Smiley

Hard obsoleto                    VPS: Digitalocean                     Cloudmining: Cex.io · EOBOT                    Gambling: Primedice
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:18:23 AM

The best way to get cheap hardware?

jekecoin

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 11:03:37 AM

group buys https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=137.0
Mercadillo https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=104.0
marketplace https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

know the market and make an affordable offert.

Guruclef

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:03:40 PM

Sorry to insist on it, but my advice is that you don't buy anything more expensive than one or two compac sticks if you're really into it for fun only. Almost anything else you buy will have Cost greater than Profit+Fun. The compac is the most efficient one and also allows you to tweak the voltage settings to increase the hashrate. If you just buy one stick, even if it's more expensive in europe, you won't lose a lot of money compared to buying a larger rig that is either obsolete now or soon (unless you've got free electricity).
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:55:40 PM

EU is going to be hard on getting cheap hardware.... due to VAT it will always be more expensive.  Just the way it is.

As far as cheapest normally forum on this site is.  Just be careful as you might need escrow on some deals within it.   
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:27:23 PM

Looks like to me EU has more stickminers (just looking on amazon with their fancy little 8+ gh bitfury sticks). I kind of wish I lived in the EU now.. it must be a great place for (some) stickminers. Here in the US all you have are gekkos, overpriced bitfury sticks, overpriced antminer sticks, and overpriced block erupter sticks.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:07:55 PM

Looks like to me EU has more stickminers (just looking on amazon with their fancy little 8+ gh bitfury sticks). I kind of wish I lived in the EU now.. it must be a great place for (some) stickminers. Here in the US all you have are gekkos, overpriced bitfury sticks, overpriced antminer sticks, and overpriced block erupter sticks.

I ordered from the EU dealer on compacs he was very nice.  They are higher in the EU.   But he was great I wanted one in US as I had collected a set of compacs.  He got it to me. 

Stickminers if your going with anything else then Compacs it really does not make much sense.  And know that you likely will not ROI they are for fun and lotto mining.

What I would do is try to find a deal on a S3 don't know if sub 100.... but they are losing value.  For the money a S3 in that area.... is what I would look for.  And you would have to have VERY cheap electricity.
jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 08:33:27 AM

Thanks for the answer. Which stick miner would you recommend?

jekecoin

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 08:38:00 AM

Gekko 8+Ghs

jpucela14 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 09:10:59 AM

Gekko 8+Ghs
Best place to get it? EU or international

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:37:46 AM

Gekko 8+Ghs
Best place to get it? EU or international
Depends. Resellers can go from super overpriced to a mere 20 euros. These guys are resellers and sell the latest (and last) batch of gekkos. https://www.bitshopper.de/shop/sha-256-miner/usb-miner-bitcoin/gekkoscience-compac/
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: