Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:50:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Roundtable Retreat - 70 top Techies & CEOs - What should be covered?  (Read 9129 times)
BruceFenton (OP)

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:37:08 AM

So, referring to Bruce and his control freak organisation as gangsters is ad hominem? Ad hominem has to be slanderous, Bruce's gangster background is a fact, that he freely admits to. Of course, I'm sure he would defend himself by saying that he's a "gangster of geometry", or similar garbage, but that's to be expected from a member of an organisation that defends it's members and their secrets at any cost, lying is instinctive to these people.

Bruce Fenton is a self-confessed member of essentially the most pernicious organisation in history, and "gangster" doesn't even begin to cover it. May I suggest that people think more carefully before validating this man's attempt to gain a position in the community, he has done nothing to warrant it, and everything to suggest he should not be trusted or engaged. (i.e. presiding over hilariously extravagant expense claims at the corrupt Bitcoin Foundation).

So yeah, Bruce, I'm negative. About you. The only people who want Bruce Fenton and his corrupt friends involved in Bitcoin are Bruce Fenton and his corrupt friends. No-one has succeeded in strong-arming the Core devs up to now, and it's not going to happen as a result of this latest illegitimate organisation either.

What on earth are you talking about?

How is Satoshi Roundtable a "control freak" or gangster organization?  It's a group of very different people who don't even agree with each other, many have never met...there is nothing to control.

I presided over absolutely no "extravagant expenses" at the Bitcoin Foundation so this is a complete falsehood.  When I became a volunteer the organization had very little money and expenses are now less than 10% of peak spending I have taken zero funds from the foundation and my biggest expense reimbursements have been under a couple thousand dollars for DevCore travel, web hosting and a few other things I've covered.  I actually donated not only time but also $10,000 from my own pocket.

For Roundtable - What would make you think I'm trying to strong arm any devs?  I have no bias in the capacity issue.  This event, btw was planned long before Classic was announced and long before this most recent rift.

Who exactly is "corrupt"?   What "corrupt friends" you are throwing out ridiculous insults without any backing so one can only guess what you are talking about.   I presume you consider every attendee to be my "friend" and one or more of them is "corrupt"?   Well they are not all my friends, many I haven't even met and many more are loose acquaintances.  I'm not sure who is corrupt in your opinion or what you base that on-  if I had information of someone being a bad actor they wouldn't be invited.  I actually screen these attendees far more than any other meeting I know of.

I did my best to invite a good group to get together.  I'm sure I made mistakes and there are statistical odds that there are a few bad apples and I'm sorry for that --  but overall I'm happy with the group that was gathered.
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:41:31 AM

Bruce Fenton freely admits to being a member of the No. 1 most corrupt and depraved organisation of all time. There's not much else to say, other than that Bruce should be only too happy to confirm the fact (although he will of course chicane that discussion into geometry or perhaps some mystical/religious nonsense). Take it away, Bruce.

Oh, I get it now -- you are a freemasonry conspiracy theorist.

Thanks for clarifying.  

Although at the beginning of your post you were going on about how the Roundtable was bad and corporations and developers etc are bad.

Yes, like 2 million or so other people, I'm a Freemason.   I'm not very active at all, have probably attended 1-2 meetings in the last three years -- all at my local lodge which is in a tiny town in the country.  We get about 15-20 people, all local who attend.  My family and I have pancake breakfast there about once a month at a fundraiser they do.

I've never, ever combined freemasonry in Bitcoin in any way so -- aside from your no doubt incorrect theories on freemasonry they are doubly irrelevant in this context, talking about an event that has nothing to do with in in an industry that has nothing to do with it.

It's like bringing up someone's sexual orientation, religion or something

Odd
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:45:33 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 03:06:57 AM by BlindMayorBitcorn

the No. 1 most corrupt and depraved organisation of all time.

These are nasty, subversive people without compare, responsible for multiple genocides, and your response is "off-topic"? Ok.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10451

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:48:21 AM

The reputation of the organiser is off-topic? In a topic about the organisation? I see.

To me, it seems mostly to be so, but maybe it was your manner of presentation.. more than anything....

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:54:18 AM

Bruce Fenton freely admits to being a member of the No. 1 most corrupt and depraved organisation of all time. There's not much else to say, other than that Bruce should be only too happy to confirm the fact (although he will of course chicane that discussion into geometry or perhaps some mystical/religious nonsense). Take it away, Bruce.

Whether he is guilty or not, no one should have to respond to that level of general vagueness in your accusations, and maybe if you provided some evidence... but that doesn't mean that you are on topic in this particular thread to suggest that either a guest or an organizer of a meeting lacks credibility in a variety of ways..

O.k.  It appears that you have some issues with the bitcoin foundation (and surely, there are a lot of people who have various issues with that organization) and even if a large number of those issues are legit, such as whether they spent money wisely, etc. etc., those still seem to be a bit off topic, when the discussion here seems to be asking for input for an upcoming meeting regarding governance and/or scaleability and/or a road map forward.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:03:35 AM

Oh, I get it now -- you are a freemasonry conspiracy theorist.

Careful with those labels Bruce; labelling can't simulatneously be your complaint and your defense.

Whether he is guilty or not, no one should have to respond to that level of general vagueness in your accusations, and maybe if you provided some evidence... but that doesn't mean that you are on topic in this particular thread to suggest that either a guest or an organizer of a meeting lacks credibility in a variety of ways..

He responded anyway despite your ethical stipulations, and his response was to confirm what I said. These are nasty, subversive people without compare, responsible for multiple genocides, and your response is "off-topic"? Ok.

O.k.  It appears that you have some issues with the bitcoin foundation (and surely, there are a lot of people who have various issues with that organization) and even if a large number of those issues are legit, such as whether they spent money wisely, etc. etc., those still seem to be a bit off topic, when the discussion here seems to be asking for input for an upcoming meeting regarding governance and/or scaleability and/or a road map forward.

So, no discussions about the organisation itself should be permitted, only discussion about how the organisation is organised? right.

Vires in numeris
BruceFenton (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 03:21:22 AM

This event has absolutely nothing whatsoever in any way to do with freemasonry.  I've never discussed it with Freemasons, it is not a topic of the event, no Freemasons are attending that I know of -- there is simply no tie in any way at all.

As for the overall bigger picture comments about freemasonry, yes, they are off topic and yes you are incorrect and yes you are a conspiracy theory.

Freemasons have not been responsible for genocide etc. your claims are too far fetched to debate and I'm not on a Bitcoin char board to debate the merits of an organization I'm a member of any more than I would come here and defend my religion, sexual orientation or anything else.

If someone has a specific actual accusation against me I'd address it.

This is a thread about the Satoshi Roundtable event--  isn't a thread about freemasonry in any remote way shape or form by any stretch of the imagination so I'm not going to spend any more time here on it.   If you want to DM me or go speak with a Freemason directly you are welcome to.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:27:18 AM

The accusation is that you are a freemason, and you are. Freemasons are known liars and mass murderers, and they have used extraordinary lies, secrecy and murder to infiltrate government institutions in order to exhort control over significant regions of the planet for several centuries. It's a plain and simple fact.

Why should anyone believe a single word you say? Freemasons have for years desperately tried to heap ridicule on such simple fundaments as the existence of the organisation, and yet historical member lists show that every public institution in Western societies was completely stacked with Freemasons for much of the 19th and 20th centuries, but it's just about church meetings and pancakes, eh Bruce?

Liar.

(at an absolute minimum, you're lying to yourself)

Vires in numeris
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:29:51 AM

The accusation is that you are a freemason, and you are. Freemasons are known liars and mass murderers, it's a plain and simple fact. Why should anyone believe a single word you say?

Did you just recently a) purchase this account? Or b) become insane? Huh Srsly. When did this happen?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:34:59 AM

The accusation is that you are a freemason, and you are. Freemasons are known liars and mass murderers, it's a plain and simple fact. Why should anyone believe a single word you say?

Did you just recently a) purchase this account? Or b) become insane? Huh Srsly. When did this happen?

Okay, it's now my turn to ask, "What fuck is happening in this thread?"

<not yet up to speed, but I hope the read's good>
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:41:33 AM

So, referring to Bruce and his control freak organisation as gangsters is ad hominem? Ad hominem has to be slanderous, Bruce's gangster background is a fact, that he freely admits to. Of course, I'm sure he would defend himself by saying that he's a "gangster of geometry", or similar garbage, but that's to be expected from a member of an organisation that defends it's members and their secrets at any cost, lying is instinctive to these people.

Bruce Fenton is a self-confessed member of essentially the most pernicious organisation in history, and "gangster" doesn't even begin to cover it. May I suggest that people think more carefully before validating this man's attempt to gain a position in the community, he has done nothing to warrant it, and everything to suggest he should not be trusted or engaged. (i.e. presiding over hilariously extravagant expense claims at the corrupt Bitcoin Foundation).

So yeah, Bruce, I'm negative. About you. The only people who want Bruce Fenton and his corrupt friends involved in Bitcoin are Bruce Fenton and his corrupt friends. No-one has succeeded in strong-arming the Core devs up to now, and it's not going to happen as a result of this latest illegitimate organisation either.

What on earth are you talking about?

How is Satoshi Roundtable a "control freak" or gangster organization?  It's a group of very different people who don't even agree with each other, many have never met...there is nothing to control.

I presided over absolutely no "extravagant expenses" at the Bitcoin Foundation so this is a complete falsehood.  When I became a volunteer the organization had very little money and expenses are now less than 10% of peak spending I have taken zero funds from the foundation and my biggest expense reimbursements have been under a couple thousand dollars for DevCore travel, web hosting and a few other things I've covered.  I actually donated not only time but also $10,000 from my own pocket.

For Roundtable - What would make you think I'm trying to strong arm any devs?  I have no bias in the capacity issue.  This event, btw was planned long before Classic was announced and long before this most recent rift.

Who exactly is "corrupt"?   What "corrupt friends" you are throwing out ridiculous insults without any backing so one can only guess what you are talking about.   I presume you consider every attendee to be my "friend" and one or more of them is "corrupt"?   Well they are not all my friends, many I haven't even met and many more are loose acquaintances.  I'm not sure who is corrupt in your opinion or what you base that on-  if I had information of someone being a bad actor they wouldn't be invited.  I actually screen these attendees far more than any other meeting I know of.

I did my best to invite a good group to get together.  I'm sure I made mistakes and there are statistical odds that there are a few bad apples and I'm sorry for that --  but overall I'm happy with the group that was gathered.

I say this will all due respect, Bruce: Marshall Long is known in these here parts as a bad actor. Please, don't take my word on the subject, but read what others have penned.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:41:43 AM

"What fuck is happening in this thread?"

Recap:

• I said "Bruce Fenton is a gangster"
  • People leaped to Bruce's defense
  • Bruce confirmed his membership of the capi di capo of gangsterism: freemasonry
  • Bruce says it's about pancakes

Vires in numeris
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:45:38 AM

how about this woman ?

Joyce kim Executive Director of stellar
https://www.stellar.org/about/joyce-kim/
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:04:10 AM

He responded anyway despite your ethical stipulations, and his response was to confirm what I said. These are nasty, subversive people without compare, responsible for multiple genocides, and your response is "off-topic"? Ok.

Actually, I had given you some benefit of the doubt and I thought that you may have been bringing up aspects of Bruce's role in the bitcoin foundation... but instead freemasonry?  Wat dee fuq?

Regarding Bruce's choice to respond to you, it seems that I have a much bigger grievance than you, because so far he has not even responded or addressed my earlier posts, so possibly he enjoys distracting and quasi-irrelevant topics that you seem to be attempting to bring to the table and emphasize?

So, no discussions about the organisation itself should be permitted, only discussion about how the organisation is organised? right.

I think that there can be various discussions regarding motivations of people in the context of the main substance, and apparently, there are a variety of stakeholders invited to the upcoming meeting.

Sure, I will take with a grain of salt if one person is representing that the selection of persons attending the meeting is broadly representative, and if there are problems with the attendees, then there could be problems regarding the level of persuasiveness of any agreements and/or resolutions that they might reach.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:33:27 AM

I'm just goin' leave this here:

If angry at a person or business -- take out the anger on that person. Challenge them, call them out, provide the community with info, ask tough questions and demand answers ....but don't misplace the anger and focus by attacking someone or something who is good for this space,

~Some Wise Man
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:11:53 AM

Bitcoin of the Knights Templar

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:34:43 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2016, 05:50:14 AM by Gleb Gamow

Bitcoin of the Knights Templar

You're doin' it wrong! (humor only)

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 05:51:32 AM

Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1963

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:03:15 AM

It is just natural for people not to trust anyone affiliated to freemasonry, because they are known for their secret meetings and secret handshakes and influencing strategic organizations to benefit their organization and their members. You would find it difficult to change people's view on that, once it's known that you are affiliated with them.

The fact that this Round Table are once again done in the same fashion, behind closed doors, just place fuel on the fire for further suspicions and conspiracy theories. 

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:02:31 AM

I just figured it out! Marshall Long is going to Sir Richard Branson's island to be interviewed for the opened ball-cupping position.

Bruce, if you don't get the joke, Google "Marshall Long" + "ball cupping" (with the quotes). If too many results, include "Garza" (quotes won't matter).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: