Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:16:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TRC Armory GETTING THERE... but little help pls...  (Read 1031 times)
FuzzyBear (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 01:59:44 AM

Ok so its been a long few weeks and I not been able to solely dedicate my time to the Terracoin Armory project, but last few days... lots of coffee, not much sleep.... and considerable help from the original Armory developer and I'm getting somewhere with this project Cheesy

So one of the things I HAD to do (as was about time and makes working with the Armory code soooo much easier) was get a LINUX dev environment setup.  Done that and running Ubuntu 12.4 installed on a separate computer now Smiley made my basic changes to the armory code and looks like it builds and works (need to make more detailed changes for views to not say Bitcoin but Terracoin) but want to test and send some TRC to an account on armory but need to have TRC installed on the linux box.... and my limited Linux experience is failing me here so if anyone can help me I will be eternally grateful...

Basically I just need help installing the TRC client on Ubuntu...

I was able to just download the TRC win32 binaries b4 and install on windows with a double click of the Terracoin-QT file... obviously this does not work in Ubuntu.. so I take it I need the original source files and build myself using the Terminal.... I'm looking into this now but if anyone has done this before and can point me in the right direction or let me know if i'm barking up a wrong tree and there is a simpler method then pls let me know...

Many thanks

Fuzzy Bear

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GoldenWings91

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 02:34:26 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2013, 03:31:37 AM by GoldenWings91

Prerequisites
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install make
sudo apt-get nano

You want to change to the directory that TRC will be downloaded
cd /src

If the directory doesn't exist you have to create it:
sudo mkdir /src && cd /src

If you don't have the git client install it
sudo apt-get install git

Now download the source code

The client requires some dependencies the list of which can be found in terracoin/doc/buil-unix.txt but it's outdated and some library names have changed.
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev  libdb4.8 libdb++-dev libboost1.48-all-dev miniupnpc

If some lib can't be found you can use "apt-cache search <libname>" or google it to find the correct libriray.

Now change the directory to where the makefile.unix is and compile it
cd /src/terracoin/src
make -f makefile.unix

If it fails to compile read the errors and use apt-cache + google to figure out what dependency you need to install.

Once it compiles terracoind we need to create the config file
sudo nano /home/<username>/.terracoin/terracoin.conf

Now type in this  
rpcuser=make_up_some_user_name
rpcpassword=make_up_a_password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 (the ip of the machine that should have access to the daemon)
rpcport=8331 (or whatever port you want)

press ctrl+o and then enter to save the new conf file then press ctrl+x to exit

Now start the daemon
sudo /src/terracoin/src/./terracoind

Daemon should now be running.

You can open a new terminal and run commands for terracoind
/src/terracoin/src/./terracoind help

Support The Bitcoin Network By Running A Full Node
Node Stats     GPG Key-ID: 0x445DF2D8     Monetary Freedom Is A Basic Human Right
GoldenWings91

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 02:55:49 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2013, 05:30:44 AM by GoldenWings91

For the gui
sudo apt-get install libboost1.46-dev

sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
    libssl-dev libdb4.8-dev libdb++-dev

cd /src/terracoin

qmake

make

launch the client
./terracoin-qt

Node Stats     GPG Key-ID: 0x445DF2D8     Monetary Freedom Is A Basic Human Right
FuzzyBear (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 03:20:03 AM

Sweet GoldenWings ty very much Smiley am working through ur guide now ans all going well so far Cheesy sent u 150TRC

GoldenWings91

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:24:36 AM

150 BIG ONES!  Shocked
Glad I can help  Grin

FuzzyBear (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 05:11:41 AM

Got the daemon running fine Cheesy and works great for the testing I needed....

Yet when I tried to get the QT version running I got permission errors on the line
Code:
apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb4.8-dev libdb++-dev
Error message:
E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13: Permission denied)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), are you root?

I have tried the apt-get from the root dir, the TRC dir i downloaded all from git  and the src where i made the terracoind build.... any suggestions?

GoldenWings91

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 05:27:28 AM

Whenever you get permission denied error it means the user doesn't have the correct permissions to execute the command, use "sudo" to execute a command that needs elevated privleges:
sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev \
    libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev \
    libssl-dev libdb4.8-dev libdb++-dev

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2013, 10:51:05 PM

The easiest way to make QT files from source is to use the qt-creator GUI.

Either:

sudo apt-get install qtcreator

or just use your distro's software center to search and install for it.

Afterwards you should have a application called QT creator in one of the menus (Normally under the development menu)

Start up the creator and have it open the .pro file in the Terracoin directory or whatever project you want to build.

The creator will parse out the file and after a prompt or two idle at its main screen.

Just click the crossed pickaxes (Build) and the creator will build the application for you.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 08:39:10 AM

How is it going?

more or less retired.
FuzzyBear (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 09:13:52 AM

How is it going?

One step forward two steps backward atm Sad

I got all the changes that should have needed to be be made... ran the code, it didn't error Cheesy but was connecting and then dropping the connection to the TRC network... even though TRC was not running at that point.... Upon trying to change a few text named areas of Bitcoin Armory to Terracoin Armory.. I have managed to now get the code NOT to even load armory Sad... tried redownloading original from source again and making the minor changes.. and the code still does not open armory Sad so it was kinda working with only 1 minor bug needing to be fixed... now i'm searching for how I have managed to break the working code Sad

Was soo close.. i had even setup a repositry in the git for it.... but not gonna upload broken code...

Have felt like I have gained good understanding of some of the code and once I get the basics working it should all come together quite nicely... just a few testing hurdles till I can say its ready and works.

Should get a bit of time today to work on it though so hopefully can see where I gone wrong

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 12:18:31 PM

How is it going?

One step forward two steps backward atm Sad

I got all the changes that should have needed to be be made... ran the code, it didn't error Cheesy but was connecting and then dropping the connection to the TRC network... even though TRC was not running at that point.... Upon trying to change a few text named areas of Bitcoin Armory to Terracoin Armory.. I have managed to now get the code NOT to even load armory Sad... tried redownloading original from source again and making the minor changes.. and the code still does not open armory Sad so it was kinda working with only 1 minor bug needing to be fixed... now i'm searching for how I have managed to break the working code Sad

Was soo close.. i had even setup a repositry in the git for it.... but not gonna upload broken code...

Have felt like I have gained good understanding of some of the code and once I get the basics working it should all come together quite nicely... just a few testing hurdles till I can say its ready and works.

Should get a bit of time today to work on it though so hopefully can see where I gone wrong

What do you mean connecting to the network? If I remember correctly, armory connects to the Terracoin Client via RPC, no?

more or less retired.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: