Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:46:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The real death of Bitcoin...  (Read 3371 times)
Indianacoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:38:38 PM

This is not acceptable.
Just now I made a transaction for an exchange deal and my Blockchain wallet app deducted 0.0028 BTC.

Still now after 2 blocks being mined so far the transaction has not got any confirmation.
This proved how the network is jammed! Undecided

Implementation of 2MB blocks are a must to solve these kind of scenario.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 12:07:58 AM

You are not the first person to predict the death of Bitcoin. But for the sake of a thought experiment, let's say that Bitcoin literally dies. Nobody's mining it and nodes are being turned off too. Does this mean the ideas behind Bitcoin have failed? Not necessarily; it just means that Bitcoin was always meant to be "Version 1.0" and there are better altcoins and Blockchain applications that are still decentralized and could succeed.

And, guys, Ether is an appcoin. It's the lubricant that runs the Ethereum network and was never really meant to be a speculative coin. Even the developers have said that. You can buy it and sell it, but they prefer that you use it as the token you use to "pay for" Ethereum's services.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:28:14 AM

This is not acceptable.
Just now I made a transaction for an exchange deal and my Blockchain wallet app deducted 0.0028 BTC.

Still now after 2 blocks being mined so far the transaction has not got any confirmation.

2MB blocks will buy Bitcoin some time but the underlying problem will not go away.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
btcltccoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:41:54 AM

This is not acceptable.

These things have to be looked by the bitcoins minner and people who control them. They need to get fixes for these minor issues.
Once these issues get resolved, you can see the bitcion raising to its peak.
barbara44

Activity: 2408
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:04:24 AM

Well everyone - the experiment is over.  The blocksize/capacity thing just shows how fucking dumb 'concensus' is.  Everything 'distributed' = total fail.  They can't agree to move forward.  There is no CEO.  Now Coinbase is objecting to the bullshit HF 2017.  Having nobody to make a decision has ruined bitcoin. 

Ethereum on the other hand is raging up there.  It's going to be huge.  They actually have someone on the top deciding to go left or right when they come to a fork (no pun intended).  'distributed' is cool, but it is unmanageable.  Just let it go with no one at the wheel proved to be stupid.

Bitcoin is now fully fucked.  Looks like Hearn's ragequit wasn't misplaced. 

Time to buy Ethereum  - Say goodbye to bitcoin.

Bitcoin can not be ruled out that easily rather it is impossible to kill bitcoin, no matter what happens and also you can not compare it with ETH or any other alt currency. Also you can see the price of bitcoin increasing day by day.

btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 10:52:43 AM

4) Bitcoin and Ethereum are not comparable.

Sure they are. From the user's point of view, you have coins in your program which you send to someone else. And that's completely the same no matter what lies under.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
Vaccomondus

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:02:43 PM

Sure they are. From the user's point of view, you have coins in your program which you send to someone else. And that's completely the same no matter what lies under.

it depend what you're comparing, the two coins are comparable yes, but the platform and bitcoin not so much, bitcoin can be used on the ETH platform i believe or maybe i'm wrong?
Zitudent

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 01:11:55 PM

it depend what you're comparing, the two coins are comparable yes, but the platform and bitcoin not so much, bitcoin can be used on the ETH platform i believe or maybe i'm wrong?

If that is the case, why do we need Ethereum coin? We just need any other coin? Is there a catch here?
btcltccoins

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:00:13 PM

If that is the case, why do we need Ethereum coin? We just need any other coin? Is there a catch here?

The basic difference is that  Ethereum is controlled by companies, a few people who will have control over it.. while Bitcoins is totally different. there is no authority to control bitcoins
trickyriky

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:12:11 PM

we dont need eth, its just yet another over complicated almost centralised pos Smiley
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:33:09 PM

BTC have thousands of daily users worldwide, so you can imagine how many years need any of altcoins to reach that level.  Wink
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 05:50:07 PM

The basic difference is that  Ethereum is controlled by companies, a few people who will have control over it.. while Bitcoins is totally different. there is no authority to control bitcoins

Thats complete bullshit. Ethereum is controlled by miner consensus and open source development exactly the same control mechanism as bitcoin.

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:49:07 PM

Attention all noobs:

Ether does not have a limited coin cap like bitcoin (which has 21 million).
The Ether Devs have stated that they can and will release more ETH coins into the market if users hoard too many.
Thus, Ether is not a speculative commodity. It is only a token to power their contract-system.
You are investing in a token that is not designed to increase in value over time.

Buy some if you wish to participate in the current pump & dump rallies.
But it will not over take Bitcoin/bitcoin. That is against common sense.

My guess, second ETH dump incoming around February 25th or the 26th.

This should be in the Altcoins section, as well.
Finish him!

This is all i need to decide where to invest
Now ask yourself, will you invest in ETH again? And what was that about BITCOIN DEAD? WHAT?

bitcoin can be used on the ETH platform i believe or maybe i'm wrong?
Why didn't you invested in platform that using Bitcoin, why did you invented wheel again?
If something works don't change it.

You can rent this space
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 07:23:08 PM

Bitcoin development is controlled by the Blockstream company. 3 Core developers are employed by BS.

By this logic put your money into gold.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:13:40 PM

No gold is good LT investment, without doubt.

Bitcoin is decentralized digital currency.

You can call it investment, new gold what're you want, but it's here and will stay for a long time.
This is not case for about 90% of all alts. Especially ico where investors want to exit at some point.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:13:23 PM

BTC have thousands of daily users worldwide, so you can imagine how many years need any of altcoins to reach that level.  Wink

It takes bitcoin 7 years to reach market cap of $7 billion. It took less than 7 months for the Ethereum to reach $0.5 billion.
JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:24:12 PM

It takes bitcoin 7 years to reach market cap of $7 billion. It took less than 7 months for the Ethereum to reach $0.5 billion.
Yes this is only possible because Bitcoin already set a path for many alts to come.
There is nothing magical here just hype and many of you will get burned.
BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:44:31 PM

Yes this is only possible because Bitcoin already set a path for many alts to come.
There is nothing magical here just hype and many of you will get burned.

There won't be an altcoin reaching the level of bitcoin any time soon.
Ethereum reached 0.5 billion but I doubt it can get bigger than bitcoin.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:50:29 PM

Ethereum on the other hand is raging up there.  It's going to be huge.  They actually have someone on the top deciding to go left or right when they come to a fork (no pun intended).  'distributed' is cool, but it is unmanageable.  Just let it go with no one at the wheel proved to be stupid.

Attention all noobs:

Ether does not have a limited coin cap like bitcoin (which has 21 million).
The Ether Devs have stated that they can and will release more ETH coins into the market if users hoard too many.
Thus, Ether is not a speculative commodity. It is only a token to power their contract-system.
You are investing in a token that is not designed to increase in value over time.

Buy some if you wish to participate in the current pump & dump rallies.
But it will not over take Bitcoin/bitcoin. That is against common sense.

My guess, second ETH dump incoming around February 25th or the 26th.

This should be in the Altcoins section, as well.

Hey, just an update here.
On the 23 of February I said ETH would dump either the 25th or 26th (see above).
ETH users should check the charts today. No surprise there.
If you didn't see this coming, you haven't traded alts long enough.

See you all in the troll boxes.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 05:08:32 PM

From time to time we have good organized ico's and they are always something sensational.
 This will be forgotten few months ahead..I dont know why are you people so naive?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: