Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:55:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core version 0.12.0 is now available  (Read 11050 times)
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 04:09:09 PM

~
I don't really have a issue with bandwidth and since it's a torrent it would take hardly 3-4hrs to download it but the problem is I don't have 60 gb of storage lol, yeah got a lame ass pc. I will check out electrum, I also have heard about armory is that a good wallet?
It isn't a torrent, and you definitely should not download the torrent for it. That is actually slower than syncing normally over the p2p network.

You don't need 60 Gb of storage. You can have the prune option enabled which can reduce the space used to around 2 Gb.

Armory is a good wallet but it requires Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Core must not be pruned. You would have to download all 60+ Gb of the blockchain in order to use Armory.

jtipt

Activity: 1064
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:55:32 PM

~
I don't really have a issue with bandwidth and since it's a torrent it would take hardly 3-4hrs to download it but the problem is I don't have 60 gb of storage lol, yeah got a lame ass pc. I will check out electrum, I also have heard about armory is that a good wallet?
It isn't a torrent, and you definitely should not download the torrent for it. That is actually slower than syncing normally over the p2p network.

You don't need 60 Gb of storage. You can have the prune option enabled which can reduce the space used to around 2 Gb.

Armory is a good wallet but it requires Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Core must not be pruned. You would have to download all 60+ Gb of the blockchain in order to use Armory.
Thank you for your help, I just check electrum and it seems fine for my use. But if bitcoin core is betterbetter, then I would give it a shot too.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 01:44:54 PM

~

Thank you for your help, I just check electrum and it seems fine for my use. But if bitcoin core is betterbetter, then I would give it a shot too.

Both have their advantages and their problems. Core needs constant backups, electrum only a single one (the seed, write. it. down!). Core makes you part of the network, electurm needs others to run servers. Core wallets files are hardened against brute force attacks, electrum wallet files not (or only barely). If you are happy with electrum, stick with it.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
BTCxPRO

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:29:47 PM

I have just opened my wallet and works perfect.
I hope it will stay so.

Thanks.
0day

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Hire me for your campaign management.

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 07:54:43 PM

A lot has changed since my last login!! 3 years ago.

Glad to be BTCack

Hire me for your campaign management
reddog6714

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 12:37:12 AM

if it is so good why has it taken me  all day Saturday and half the night to download what is essentially still not working
i am running the fastest NBN and have a huge download capacity running a quadcore computer with windows 7 and i am still waiting for it to synch WTF
Hi7

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 10:57:24 AM

Didn't have the upgrade yet, upgrading now. Thank you Smiley
cloh76

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 01:07:21 AM

Taking forever to Sync

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 10:18:33 PM

Taking forever to Sync
Should be much faster than any previous version. I'll assume either: 1) Default settings with average hardware; 2) Old hardware; 3) Other problems. Which is it?

if it is so good why has it taken me  all day Saturday and half the night to download what is essentially still not working
i am running the fastest NBN and have a huge download capacity running a quadcore computer with windows 7 and i am still waiting for it to synch WTF
That's a problem on your end. It took my full node 17 hours to download and sync from scratch with default settings. I've recently done this test. We can't really help you without any information.

Both have their advantages and their problems. Core needs constant backups, electrum only a single one (the seed, write. it. down!).
I concur. Many do not realize this and end up losing their coins.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AzibLala007

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 10:06:44 AM

i don't think there is need to shift on new version.
the old one is working perfectly.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2016, 11:54:48 AM

i don't think there is need to shift on new version.
the old one is working perfectly.

Some see it as a vote for bitcoins future. Do you prefer 2 MB blocks ASAP and support classic or do you prefer WegWit first and support bitcoin core. Other than that I have to say 0.12 is significantly faster in terms of sync times (be that full sync or catching up longer periods).

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sauc1er

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2016, 02:42:03 PM

A lot has changed since my last login!! 3 years ago.

Glad to be BTCack

WORD!
fepayday

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 10:43:39 AM

what it this bitcoin core guys?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2016, 11:27:08 AM

what it this bitcoin core guys?
It is the main Bitcoin implementation right now. It is just one client out of many (e.g. Electrum, Armory).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: