Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:39:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] P2P Crypt Logo  (Read 3225 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 11:29:19 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2013, 05:53:06 PM by Xenland

Hello to you whom is interested!

I am developing an application that was originally intended for me and a friend to utilize to gain back our privacy against whom ever is listening. Under my personal opinion I don't pay for my ISP to spy on me and mine-data and sell that compiled information at their benefit only(This goes for other nodes that eavesdrop across the internet that is beyond my control as well). I figured others might need the same privacy rights as well, so I'm attempting to develop a desktop application that can establish a secure connection and help you communicate with your friends, family or business partners through by any media, text, audio, video its like Skype but with true peer to peer support (a portable embedded electronic solution is being developed for the release in the future).

So I ask you that I need a Logo that is great for the Peer to Peer Encryption project (AKA P2P Crypt). I would hope the logo to be adaptable to an extent as I'd like to use the Logo for both the desktop application, the website and if it is good enough the "portable embedded electronic solution"

3 BTC is up for grabs
for the best logo presented to me, I hope to see a great one in a month and end the bounty there but will go on as long as it has to.

Bounty has been posted to the following link: http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20130124024531247000&ident=M100V131&chksum=e47c82ee
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 12:41:49 PM

Submit as many as you want
DPony13

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 12:45:47 PM

I'll post one here tomorrow.

I have an idea for this logo.
Please don't close it without my submission xD

EndTheFed123, if you had just taken the money it wouldn't have ended like this Sad
BTW this hasn't been the real DPony13 since he "came back", I just hacked this account, SirLolicon is the real DPony13 I think.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 01:15:27 PM

I'll post one here tomorrow.

I have an idea for this logo.
Please don't close it without my submission xD

lol no worries mate
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 03:10:16 PM

Also what might be smarter for everyone is for those who would like to participate submit "rough drafts" of what you want the final to look like, and I'll choose the winner to build the final and the winner will get paid.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2013, 09:42:40 AM

No one yet? Disappointing, but my chin is way up still.

Also like i said before its recommended to submit rough drafts and move on to the last stage of elimitnation(otherwise if you are free to do so, make the finished logo)
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 02:30:00 PM

No one yet? Disappointing, but my chin is way up still.

Also like i said before its recommended to submit rough drafts and move on to the last stage of elimitnation(otherwise if you are free to do so, make the finished logo)

I hate to break it to you but 1BTC wont get you much of a logo. You'll have much better luck contacting some of the professional logo designers from this forum. For only a little bit more money you'll get a professional logo in the correct formats.

Timbo is by far the best and most popular on the site: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78924.0

You can also check my stuff out too : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84515.0

It is a bit more money but I offer money back and I assume Timbo does too.

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2013, 02:41:54 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 02:55:14 PM by CIYAM Open

I'd really like to see this done *properly* (i.e. not using the "wild west bounty system" that has become too popular on this forum).

If Xenland would consider setting up a Project Task for this on CIYAM Open (and if you graphic design guys can either use GPG or are happy to use Skype to become members in order to *bid* on the task) then I will add another 2 BTC reward for this task (Xenland would have the final say as to which *bid* to accept and the *bid* is not about money but simply about letting *one* bidder work on providing a logo he is happy with within a given time frame so my 2 BTC input would not be *refundable* so if the first bid fails to deliver what he needs after decent reviewing and resubmitting then he can move on to the next bid, etc.).

Let's *get it done right* and not *pay peanuts for monkeys*!

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 01:30:12 AM

I'd really like to see this done *properly* (i.e. not using the "wild west bounty system" that has become too popular on this forum).

If Xenland would consider setting up a Project Task for this on CIYAM Open (and if you graphic design guys can either use GPG or are happy to use Skype to become members in order to *bid* on the task) then I will add another 2 BTC reward for this task (Xenland would have the final say as to which *bid* to accept and the *bid* is not about money but simply about letting *one* bidder work on providing a logo he is happy with within a given time frame so my 2 BTC input would not be *refundable* so if the first bid fails to deliver what he needs after decent reviewing and resubmitting then he can move on to the next bid, etc.).

Let's *get it done right* and not *pay peanuts for monkeys*!

hehe i never was the creative type. Thanks CIYAM I'm going to post that right meow and hope for a bite Cheesy
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 09:14:58 AM

I've come in contact with someone who will finish the Logo bounty, as of right now "he owns those 3 BTC" and no one can take that from him, under the condition that he delivers of course. Will keep you mates posted.

http://ciyam.org/open/?cmd=view&data=20130124024531247000&ident=M100V131&chksum=e47c82ee
Beefsock

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:11:33 PM

Hey Xenland,

I would love to make this logo for you, not only for the money but also I think this is a great project you're working on. I am willing to do it for 2 btc. Please check out my signature to see my work. If you like it and the other guy falls through I'll gladly hop on board. Thanks!
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:29:07 PM

Hey Xenland,

I would love to make this logo for you, not only for the money but also I think this is a great project you're working on. I am willing to do it for 2 btc. Please check out my signature to see my work. If you like it and the other guy falls through I'll gladly hop on board. Thanks!

Thanks, I'll gladly consider you if the current contract doesn't work out. Cheers mate!
rabit

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:53:16 PM

Are you aware of Jabber/XMPP ?

Its mainly an open source messaging protocol (but i think there are also extensions for video/audio too) like ICQ but its decentralized as anybody can run a server (eg some privacy/IT organizations run a server) and probably every software compatible with XMPP supports PGP and/or OTR encryption.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 01:43:39 AM

Substrata,

That logo is epic, and i havent "choosen" anyone and no btc has left my hands. I just want to be professional as possible by alerting to the community that they should look else where for work as of this moment. Someone enlightened me with an article that shows that money incentives dont always work (aka bounties) and on top of that its not fair to take up everyones time in the community and everyone but one persons logo was in vain. So im trying out the "bidding" system.

Seriously that logo is awsome though, but not sure how it will adapt with the current website theme.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 02:23:19 AM

Are you aware of Jabber/XMPP ?

Its mainly an open source messaging protocol (but i think there are also extensions for video/audio too) like ICQ but its decentralized as anybody can run a server (eg some privacy/IT organizations run a server) and probably every software compatible with XMPP supports PGP and/or OTR encryption.

It sound decentralized in that there is "No single point of failure" but my needs require a "Decentralized web of trust" to truely make this system no single point of failure.

I used Pidgin and have fiddled with XMPP and I don't like the idea of plug-ins at all it allows mixed security standards to clash and that just doesn’t sound like fun for anyone to go through all the troubles of taking on such an inconvenient risk, Also the point of this project is have a "Turnkey" solution, Right out of the box BAM login, start "Skyping" with secure communications, voice, video, text, file transfer, etc. Then in the future once I have a user base I release my portable electronic solution which is more secure than the desktop apps.

I'm at a catch22 right now, I can't produce my device and sell it until I can prove to investors I can get a userbase so instead of hyping up a "Portable Electronic solution" that nobody is allowed to touch I have to build and produce a Desktop application to show I’m not talking out my other end to the world,community and potential investors.

Perhaps if they wanted to could build a p2pnode XMPP relay server. Any ways if you don't understand why it looks like I'm reinventing the wheel, its because I'm not, I'm taking all the best attributes from every system ever made and combining it in a legit fashion so both our futures can be secure with out "educating" how to "Swap keys" or the "importance of face to face key exchange, but you can't do that because the internet doesn’t facilitate anything legit".

P2P Crypt thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131905.0
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 12:00:39 PM

That actually looks better than I had imagined.

And recent discussions with CIYAM developer is doing lots of updates, so regularly check out for it to work again.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 12:19:32 PM

CYAM page with bounty does not work for me, all I get is page with grey background.

You need to allow .js or all you will only ever see a blank grey page (that is the way it works - all content is AJAX injected).

I am going to be adding a .js checker (similar to blockchain.info's one) soon - so hope you can be a little patient if that's what you are wanting before you will use the site (you are welcome to contact me directly with any concerns or queries).

If it's not .js then please let me know what browser you are using (should work fine with IE, FF and Chrome).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 01:09:10 PM

CYAM main page works for me, bounty one does not.

For .js checker, it can't go any easier than one bellow:

Code:
<noscript>
Attention: JavaScript disabled !!!<br><br>
This page requires JavaScript in order to function properly. Please enable JavaScript inside your browser and reload this page or upgrade to browser that supports JavaScript.
</noscript>

Sure - I use a "redirect" instead (supposedly okay for HTML 5) but don't get at all why the Project Task page would be any different (there is only *one* actual *page* on the the whole of CIYAM Open).

CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 12:01:21 AM

Hmm... am not sure why you don't have sessionStorage unless you are running a very old/disabled version of FF (a TOR bundle version perhaps?).

The system does require localStorage and sessionStorage support (yes it's a little "bleeding edge" perhaps but it needs these features in order to do the client-side crypto and later to be able to give you the convenience of being able to "stay logged in").

bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 09:16:16 AM

Hmm... am not sure why you don't have sessionStorage unless you are running a very old/disabled version of FF (a TOR bundle version perhaps?).

You can check for localStorage and sessionStorage support:
Code:
if (typeof(Storage)!=="undefined") {
  // Yes! localStorage and sessionStorage support!
} else {
  // Sorry! No web storage support..
}

In case it's not supported you should try falling back to cookies or something.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: