Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:28:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain.info site switched to Spanish last night! Anyone else have this prob?  (Read 2983 times)
dmatthewstewart (OP)

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 08:24:47 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2013, 08:45:25 PM by dmatthewstewart

So last night when i went to log back into my blockchain.info wallet the whole site changed to spanish. I dont connect by using any type of proxy. Did this happen to anyone else? I want to change it back but cant figure out how to do it. I really hope I havent been (or am being) hacked and there is some type of live packet interception going on here. After all there is no reason for it to all the sudden switch to spanish

--Suggestions?

Update. I can get to the English version of the site by adding /en/ after blockchain.info but it shouldnt default to the Spanish or Portuguese site for me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
21after2

Activity: 112
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:25:22 PM

Mine comes up in English without a problem. Maybe try clearing your browser cookies and seeing if that changes anything? Not sure why it would do that.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:33:04 PM

It set your preference as Spanish, since you clicked on a /es/ link one time.

To fix this, do the following:
1. In the upper right corner, click on the flag.
2. Choose the US flag.
3. Huh
4. Profit!

dmatthewstewart (OP)

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:38:18 PM

Never clicked a spanish link

First thing I did was click the US flag and it still stayed spanish. Then tried clicking UK flag and back to US and nothing.

cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2013, 09:42:26 PM

You are not alone, someone messed up an array IMO.
I view it in German now.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 12:10:24 AM

Alright.  It is a site bug, then.

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 07:21:04 AM

One time I googled an address and a blockchain.info link came up, I clicked it, but apparently the link was directly to a random non-english language.  Then everytime I went to blockchain.info it was in that language.  Once changing the flag in the upper-right back to the american flag, it went back to english.  They need to put a Canadian flag in the list and append ", eh?" to everything methinks.
BlackLilac Jordan

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:45:47 AM

One time I googled an address and a blockchain.info link came up, I clicked it, but apparently the link was directly to a random non-english language.  Then everytime I went to blockchain.info it was in that language.  Once changing the flag in the upper-right back to the american flag, it went back to english.  They need to put a Canadian flag in the list and append ", eh?" to everything methinks.
[/quote

Once we lose the Queen as our head of state we get to have our own things.    Tongue
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:47:09 AM

I have this problem now too. wtf?

I have a different blockchain.info account which is still in engrish.

What to do?  Huh
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 06:45:12 PM

I have this problem now too. wtf?

I have a different blockchain.info account which is still in engrish.

What to do?  Huh

The site remembers the last language you view so if you happened to click on a link to the site in another language that language may stick. It should be easy to revert back though.

On the main site the language is changed by clicking the flag in the top right.

For wallets the language is changed by clicking [Account Settings] -> General -> Language.

If the language still won't change clear your browsers cookies and that should reset everything back to english.

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 03:35:07 AM

Yes, this happens if you enter the site through something like, say, a Google search link that has the site in a diff language... it then sets that as your default..

As some other ppl said, you can change it w/ the flag in the upper right hand corner...  and it definitely is a glitch.
iikun
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 06:32:05 AM

this still happens to me, was this ever fixed?

clicking the usa flag works, but then click on wallet & the next page goes back to Spanish & no flag on that page so I can't see any way to get back to English.  How annoying...
nederhoed

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:15:34 PM

If it were Spanish, I would probably be able to make something of it. But my browsers switches to Chinese on each request to blockchain.info. Also after I "picked a flag in the upper right corner". Annoying...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: