Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:05:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My cryptsy alt coins are gone for good..?  (Read 4523 times)
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:15:18 PM

Any real update on this cryptsy situation?? All the other threads are people just bitching.

If you are coming here to bitch please go to the other 15 threads.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:27:40 PM

Any real update on this cryptsy situation?? All the other threads are people just bitching.

If you are coming here to bitch please go to the other 15 threads.

more news in a few days.. (translation, weeks or not at all)

so knowing you cant to anything else all you can do is wait and see.
if you are thinking of joining a lawsuit. do not file it against cryptsy, file it against 'project investors inc' (the head company) because cryptsy is just an empty vessel/limb with no assets. or against vern himself. maybe that will prompt him to pay you out sooner.

filing against cryptsy wont get you anything because crypsy does not hold the fincen registration and can easily be thrown into bankruptcy and leave people without anything. but 'project investors inc' isnt as easy to throw away

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:29:45 PM

Seeing as the last update was on February 1st, with only a few more wallets opened on that date, I think it is pretty much over by now. I had some hope they would open up Doge withdrawals, as I had quite a few left on Cryptsy, but now I think it is gone too. I know they won't be opening up any BTC or LTC as that is what they claim was stolen, but I think they had already drained any substantial funds out of the alt wallets and all that were left were the scraps.

At this point I would say to consider it all gone and move on with life. Getting worked up over it will do not good and just hold you back from doing more productive things with your time.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:40:17 PM

Seeing as the last update was on February 1st, with only a few more wallets opened on that date, I think it is pretty much over by now. I had some hope they would open up Doge withdrawals, as I had quite a few left on Cryptsy, but now I think it is gone too. I know they won't be opening up any BTC or LTC as that is what they claim was stolen, but I think they had already drained any substantial funds out of the alt wallets and all that were left were the scraps.

At this point I would say to consider it all gone and move on with life. Getting worked up over it will do not good and just hold you back from doing more productive things with your time.

claimed stolen over a year ago.

with the trading fee's etc they could easily have re-compensated the losses over a year, so try not to believe that their bitcoin holdings are empty. especially with users AFTER the supposed theft was added too.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
spazzdla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:49:43 PM

I was hoping to get my sexcoins..

I have accepted any top 50 coins are gone. 
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:06:27 PM

claimed stolen over a year ago.

with the trading fee's etc they could easily have re-compensated the losses over a year, so try not to believe that their bitcoin holdings are empty. especially with users AFTER the supposed theft was added too.

Yeah, I don't know either I suspect Cryptsy (Big Vern) ran off with the vast majority of funds myself. In any event, I think any chance that the users will get any significant return of their coins is slim to none at this point.

I didn't have enough there to warrant pursuing legal action, thus my desire to simply move on (live and learn). I just hope the law catches up with Big Vern, as it would be a shame for him to walk away without any consequences. Even if his story was 100% legit, which again I doubt, there has to be something illegal about the fact he did not tell users about the theft while continuing to accept deposits as if nothing happened.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:24:42 PM

What is the status on the hunt for the hacker who stole the coins? Has anyone provided info on the matter and claimed the bounty?

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:49:21 PM

What is the status on the hunt for the hacker who stole the coins? Has anyone provided info on the matter and claimed the bounty?

98.6% of people know that Paul Vernon did it, ergo nobody gets the bounty except Paul.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:52:55 PM

Official information goes here. If there's anything to add it will be there (so you can spare yourself from reading troll threads Cheesy). And yes, your coins are most likely gone for good.
LiberOptions

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 09:23:53 PM

Not only yours... mine as well. Those bastards disapeared and are now having a great vacation paid by the exchange users.
Godamn Fags
BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 10:32:01 PM

I would very much love to tell you that you are wrong, but unfortunately I guess that we will not see our money again.
So if you are still thinking about it, just forget it otherwise you will get a terrible headache
CryptoGore

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

Bitflipy.com - $$_Flip your lucky coin_$$

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 11:07:31 PM

Sorry if i'm out of the cryptsy and altcoin exchange business for a while, and now not so updated, but what happened to Cryptsy?

Same old goxxing style?

▄ ▀ ▄ ▀   BTC FLIP YOUR LUCKY COIN BTC Free credit signup BTC WWW.BITFLIPY.COM BTC  ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●   BitFlipy.com   ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
▄ ▀ ▄ ▀  OFFICIAL THREAD   ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀
CryptoGore

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2016, 11:15:58 PM

no, not like Mt Gox.  Mt Gox could have been legitimately hacked.  cryptsy was an inside job.  odds are that a few wallet types could have been hacked, but hackers would have had to hack every type of wallet to drain them.  cryptsy must have hundreds of other wallets unhacked and could liquidate them to make investors somewhat whole again.  these multi coin exchanges usually only have one type of coin hacked or stolen at a time.  mt gox was unfortunate because the one type of coin stolen just happened to be the only type of coin they supported.  for a multi coin exchange, just  having a single type of coin stolen is a big deal.  having every type of coin stolen is an obvious inside job.

Ok understood. thanks.

▄ ▀ ▄ ▀   BTC FLIP YOUR LUCKY COIN BTC Free credit signup BTC WWW.BITFLIPY.COM BTC  ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 11:19:07 PM

I had bitcoin stored at cryptsy, not alot now less than 1.  but i left it there for over 6 month about a 1 and half ago i tried to get a new login password but it took over 6 month to sort out and by that time they had raised the white flag,,,,, i was never getting it back at that stage.....;(
CryptoGore

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 12:22:29 AM

Many exchange did this kind of "exit" and many more will follow...that's the nature of online business + money + low security.

Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:40:25 AM

Many exchange did this kind of "exit" and many more will follow...that's the nature of online business + money + low security.

I agree! It doesn't have to be a bitcoin related business to go away like this. Throughout the internet history we have seen multiple companies coming and go!
vilain

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 12:43:51 AM

I agree! It doesn't have to be a bitcoin related business to go away like this. Throughout the internet history we have seen multiple companies coming and go!

That's why the best strategy is always to diversify investments among various companies, wallets, etc.

Most people disregard the high risk involved in BTC business.
D3ViL

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:29:59 AM

really sad to see another site going down like this, what i cannot understand is,they said the backdoor is planted long back and one fine morning they found that coins are missing.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:36:28 AM

98.6% of people know that Paul Vernon did it, ergo nobody gets the bounty except Paul.

@Gleb

The hacker thief is known in the community as "The Owner".

Oddly enough seems to be the very same person that got Mt. Gox, Inputs.io, MCXNow, and a few others.

It's hard to prevent a hack by "The Owner"

Grin Grin Grin

~BCX~
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:55:46 AM

The owner Paul Vernon claims that a bunch of coins were stolen via a hack.  So he can't give us our money (coins) back.  He says now that the coins were stolen over a year ago and he withheld this info and kept accepting deposits.  Of course we don't know for sure if he was hacked.  He may have just taken it all himself.  If there was a hacker, I haven't heard that there is any progress on finding out who it is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: