Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:28:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: buying / trade / sell question  (Read 991 times)
opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 07:57:26 AM

I've always have dealt with the larger places to get my bitcoin. And since they are larger, they have limits. If I wanted to buy some bitcoin I had to buy $500 worth. No less. I don't need $500 worth all the time. I have an account at coinbase, dwolla, both with verified bank account but never used them before. Some people have told me to go to the trading pages, like a page where private people are making trades and all that. I'm guessing they tack on a hefty % to get a profit. What's the best kind of places to get coin for a few hundred dollars with not getting rapped by fees. I think the place that has the $500 min there is a %2 charge. Would love to know what people have to say. Any good trading places out there that are reputable? Thanks!

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2013, 08:03:46 AM

I have no minimum, and for now, a $1.50 USD/BTC surcharge, irreversible payment methods only.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 21, 2013, 10:54:22 AM

I have an account at coinbase,

If you simply need to lock in the price today, purchasing through Coinbase lets you do that.  The coins are delivered when the ACH transaction completes after a few business days.

Dwolla works well if you already have funds sitting at Dwolla.  If you need to draw funds from your bank account, that process will take a few days.

Cash can be deposited at Chase bank and the funds applied to your BitMe.com exchange account.  The only problem is there isn't always sufficient liquidity.  At this particular moment there is an ask order at about the same level as at Mt. Gox.
 - http://www.BitMe.com

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

opentoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 01:53:08 AM

So what would everyone suggest in which place to use? I just signed up with Bitme.com, never used them before. Apparently the quickest way to buy them is making a cash deposit, which I'm ok with...but I'm just looking for the quickest, most efficient way that's all. If you have past experience with using exchanges or other trading places please post them here please? I appreciate it!

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
constitution

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 12:56:12 AM

So what would everyone suggest in which place to use? I just signed up with Bitme.com, never used them before. Apparently the quickest way to buy them is making a cash deposit, which I'm ok with...but I'm just looking for the quickest, most efficient way that's all. If you have past experience with using exchanges or other trading places please post them here please? I appreciate it!
Either cash deposit, or moneypak is the best imo.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: