Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:05:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you agree to replace long prison sentences to this kind of penalty?
Yes - 6 (60%)
No - 4 (40%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Revocation of the citizenship and exile as a punishment  (Read 848 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2016, 11:26:16 PM

The idea is to strip-off citizenship from the convicted felon instead of putting him in prison....

If you're interested, the early Robert A. Heinlein had a similar idea in his novella "Coventry":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_(short_story)

Quote from: La Wik
Plot summary

The protagonist, David MacKinnon, is a romantic idealist on trial for assault. Since the federal government fears he will repeat his action, he is given a choice: either allow trained psychologists to fix him, or be sent to an area known as Coventry. MacKinnon chooses to emigrate to escape what he sees as the boredom of a too-civilized society. He is sent to the rugged outland beyond the Barrier that separates Coventry from the rest of the world, where people who refuse to abide by social norms are exiled, rather than submit to radical psychotherapy. MacKinnon discovers that the peaceful anarchy he envisioned is in reality a bleak dystopia split into three separate "countries:"

• New America, a corrupt democracy with a dysfunctional judicial system, that lies closest to Coventry's entry point and is the most populous of the three nations;
  • the Free State, ironically named — an absolute dictatorship ruled by the "Liberator" with an even harsher penal system, a nation frequently at war with New America though not at the time of the story; and
  • The Angels, remnants of the theocracy from "If This Goes On—", in the hills north of New America, living under a new "Prophet Incarnate" — it is implied they are the least populous of the three.

He is jailed on arrival in New America, losing everything he had brought through the Barrier with him. Befriended by a man David knows only as "Fader" Magee, he breaks out of jail. He learns that New America and the Free State are combining forces to attack the outside civilization. He and Fader break out of Coventry separately to warn the country from which he had emigrated of the imminent attack. Back in the world he had left, MacKinnon learns that Fader is actually an agent of the United States Army; and that by risking his life to warn the rest of the country, he has redeemed himself and no longer needs therapy.

It's a charmingly Heinleianian look at anarchy: only he would invent an anarchic region - for a future U.S. to use as a place of punishment.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:03:03 AM

Void of that, I say we just kill them.  One gun, one bullet to the brain, a tarp underneath for easy cleanup; kill a bunch of them at once and put them in a mass grave, rather than individual graves, for even more savings.  Put the whole thing on TV and charge advertisers a hefty fee, make all the money back and even profit.  Plus we get rid of shitty people we don't want to take care of.  With the profits made, you could even reinvest in more spectacular and creative ways of killing them; put them in a ring and make them fight out for delaying their demise until the next round of killing.  Make even more money from the show as more eyeballs = more advertisement views = more ad revenue.

The "Running Man" please! and dont forget the gore and some rape!

Roll Eyes

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 02:10:25 AM

If I was running one of said poor countries I'd feel rather insulted if the US or elsewhere paid me to offload their human garbage. It would be a pointless and unwelcome burden. Let's send them out to mine asteroids. Far cooler.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:32:17 AM

If I was running one of said poor countries I'd feel rather insulted if the US or elsewhere paid me to offload their human garbage. It would be a pointless and unwelcome burden. Let's send them out to mine asteroids. Far cooler.
If you would have 99% of population starving, without electricity, fresh water and medicines who are ready to overthrow you (or not to elect if your country is democratic) you would agree to this offer certainly!
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2016, 04:05:22 AM

If you would have 99% of population starving, without electricity, fresh water and medicines who are ready to overthrow you (or not to elect if your country is democratic) you would agree to this offer certainly!

All about the Benjamins these days, it seems.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:24:29 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2016, 05:58:04 PM by bryant.coleman

Sub-Saharan African countries such as Guinea-Bissau has in the past accepted toxic hazardous industrial garbage and nuclear waste from various Western nations, in exchange for monetary compensation.

http://www.nytimes.com/1988/07/17/world/waste-dumpers-turning-to-west-africa.html?pagewanted=all

From Morocco to the Congo, virtually every country on West Africa's coast reports receiving offers this year from American or European companies seeking cheap sites to dispose of hazardous waste. Fees offered African recipients have gone as low as $3 a ton. Some West African countries rank among the poorest in the world, and the offers have been tempting. In February, officials in Guinea-Bissau signed a five-year contract to bury 15 million tons of toxic wastes from European tanneries and pharmaceutical companies. In return, Guinea-Bissau would receive a yearly payment of $120 million - slightly less than the country's gross national product of $150 million.

If they can accept industrial garbage, then why not human garbage?

Meanwhile the pro-ISIS Prime Minister of Canada (Justin Trudeau) has decided to nullify the cancellation of citizenship of terrorists:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/208624
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: