Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:44:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should the BFL thread be split?
Yes - 37 (27.8%)
No - 46 (34.6%)
LOL DONGS - 50 (37.6%)
Total Voters: 133

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Split BFL thread?  (Read 6259 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:19:31 AM

I am making ASIKs. They are at the end of a rainbow on top of the pot of gold!

We're almost done! Keep waiting! Grin

Tongue Tongue Tongue

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:19:52 AM

Since BFL does not actually have a product to sell, any and all BFL-related threads should be moved to a more appropriate forum:

Off-topic

or maybe:

Gambling

Buy & Hold
sounds

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:20:18 AM

The current forum culture can still be shaped but no forum can survive the inevitable "Eternal September" that makes every forum worthless.

The quiet, sane comments get shouted down and these users inevitably leave.
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:20:41 AM

It would be a Sisyphean task to clean up all the BFL treads. It was BFL who started using the "diss" as a form of marketing. Live by the sword diss, die by the sword diss. And "diss" means not only "disrespect" but also "disinformation".

Here's just one example of one of the original BFL ASIC threads that now somehow resides in the Off-topic section, and type of marketing practiced by BFL; I'm pointing to my quote of Inaba's conversation with reeses.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83985.msg933012#msg933012

Butterfly Labs appeared here first time in August of 2011 in the Russian News subforum and immediately aroused suspiction.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=38922.0

Then it was you who actually opened the first English language topic:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48863.0

1GH/s, 20w, $500 — Butterflylabs, is it a scam?

and the second one:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53530.0

1GH/s, 20w, $700 (was $500) — Butterflylabs, is it for real? (Part 2)

I don't know, maybe you feel somehow responsible for all the BFL-flavoured beer that had been brewed on this forum and feel obliged to drink all of it. But as a reader I feel that BFL should drink their own beer.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:21:16 AM

Since BFL does not actually have a product to sell, any and all BFL-related threads should be moved to a more appropriate forum:

Off-topic

or maybe:

Gambling

+1 THIS THIS THIS

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Monster Tent

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:26:19 AM

Off-topic

or maybe:

Gambling

+1 THIS THIS THIS

+1 winrar

nathanrees19

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:34:26 AM

Cant BFL start their own news thread and keep it locked ?

Yup they can. Obviously they weren't smart enough to do that yet they are coming out with these fairy-tale unicorn ASICs.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html

It doesn't necessarily need to be on this forum. IMO the news thread on their forum is sufficient.
gmaxwell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 02:38:43 AM

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html
It doesn't necessarily need to be on this forum. IMO the news thread on their forum is sufficient.
Not all of the interesting news about asic vendors comes from the asic vendors directly.  I've certainly learned a lot of things by reading the threads... but at times they're borderline unreadable to anyone who isn't ignoring half the posters already.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 03:04:19 AM

It would be a Sisyphean task to clean up all the BFL treads. It was BFL who started using the "diss" as a form of marketing. Live by the sword diss, die by the sword diss. And "diss" means not only "disrespect" but also "disinformation".

Here's just one example of one of the original BFL ASIC threads that now somehow resides in the Off-topic section, and type of marketing practiced by BFL; I'm pointing to my quote of Inaba's conversation with reeses.

Butterfly Labs appeared here first time in August of 2011 in the Russian News subforum and immediately aroused suspiction.

and the second one:

I don't know, maybe you feel somehow responsible for all the BFL-flavoured beer that had been brewed on this forum and feel obliged to drink all of it. But as a reader I feel that BFL should drink their own beer.

I suggest you actually read the threads you referenced.  BFL has always and will likely continue to always respond, not instigate.  From the beginning (Long before I had anything to do with BFL) BFL was attacked at nearly every turn and the moderators did little or nothing to prevent it.  It's endemic in the system.  If you don't like the responses you get, don't post the attacks you post, simple as that.  Post a well reasoned and dare I say polite post and you'll get a well reasoned, polite reply.  Post raving nutcase vitriol and you'll get the same in response.  That is, quite literally, the only thing this forum understands and subsists on.  Take Smoothie here for example .. he's incapable of interjecting any sort of intelligence into a conversation and makes multiple posts in a row spouting complete nonsense, or take Syke... his latest post is complete drivel and adds absolutely nothing to the conversation yet he keeps offering his "opinion" on thread after thread, even though absolutely no one but other trolls care what he has to say.  It's people like them that make it impossible to communicate on this forum. 

Yes, Endless September describes it perfectly.  I distinctly remember the day the AOL floodgates opened onto my beloved Usenet and what a morass of crap Usenet ultimately succumbed to, which is the same thing we see here.  The problem with Usenet ultimately was that it was unmoderatable for all intents and purposes.  Yes, you could have a moderated newsgroup, but it was cumbersome and the interface lended itself to a horrible moderation system.  A forum is much more suited to moderation and running an unmoderated forum (which I learned first hand) will eventually degenerate into complete crap and as much as I pains me to admit it, moderation is necessary for a public forum to function well and have a long life.  Otherwise it will destroy itself from within and the trolls like Syke, PuertoLibre, Mem, et al will just move on to somewhere else and ruin it.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:09:43 AM

You label anyone that calls you on your lies an idiot and/or a troll. You really need some new material Josh.

sounds

Activity: 140

1221iZanNi5igK7oAA7AWmYjpsyjsRbLLZ

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:12:32 AM

Alrighty then.

I'm going to try something like Witcoin did, but a little less centrally-controlled. Anyone interested in coding with me, please PM me with a list of what languages you know. (I may ignore PMs that don't at least list some qualifications.)

What is the state of witcoin?
Apologies for witcoin going down.

I have had a lot of internal issues with the administration of the old site and I hope to recover access to your accounts soon so please stay tuned for updates. For this I humbly apologise. Feel free to submit anything to this blog as I have left it open for you to post things to. Contact me by asking a question and once again, I am sorry.

Dave , cryptocoinmedia , witcoin.
Monster Tent

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:13:55 AM

Alrighty then.

I'm going to try something like Witcoin did, but a little less centrally-controlled. Anyone interested in coding with me, please PM me with a list of what languages you know. (I may ignore PMs that don't at least list some qualifications.)

What is the state of witcoin?
Apologies for witcoin going down.

I have had a lot of internal issues with the administration of the old site and I hope to recover access to your accounts soon so please stay tuned for updates. For this I humbly apologise. Feel free to submit anything to this blog as I have left it open for you to post things to. Contact me by asking a question and once again, I am sorry.

Dave , cryptocoinmedia , witcoin.

wtf has that got to do with BFL ?

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 03:20:23 AM

You label anyone that calls you on your lies an idiot and/or a troll. You really need some new material Josh.

Thanks for illustrating my point.  Also, I apologize that I forgot to include you in the list of completely useless posters on this forum.  BTW - how is that bASIC hashing for you?  They shipped last week, right?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:24:05 AM

Hashing every bit as well as a BFL product TYVM...and it cost less too! Shocked

How are sales of the empty cases and coffee mugs going? They shipped in October right?

Monster Tent

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:25:42 AM

Thanks for illustrating my point.  Also, I apologize that I forgot to include you in the list of completely useless posters on this forum.  BTW - how is that bASIC hashing for you?  They shipped last week, right?

BFL shipped months ago didnt they ? oh wait...

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 03:26:26 AM

Interesting.. please post pictures.  BFL hasn't shipped yet, as if you didn't know.  Are you saying your bASIC is a failure?  I thought it was superior in every way to BFL, or so you said.  Tom is transparent and honest, right?  I guess we know what your assessment of people and companies are worth:  Jack and shit.  And Jack just hopped a bus for Toledo.

YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:26:56 AM

The permanent solution is probably to give the vendors mod powers within their own threads, to delete messages and such.

That would be a robust discussion would it not ..

Similar to the liberties and dissent allowed by the PRC (The chinese)

Why not get BFL staff to write all the posts..would simplify & streamline  the process

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:29:22 AM

The current forum culture can still be shaped but no forum can survive the inevitable "Eternal September" that makes every forum worthless.

The quiet, sane comments get shouted down and these users inevitably leave.

The quite majority...lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:33:13 AM

and the second one:

I suggest you actually read the threads you referenced.  BFL has always and will likely continue to always respond, not instigate.  From the beginning (Long before I had anything to do with BFL) BFL was attacked at nearly every turn and the moderators did little or nothing to prevent it.  It's endemic in the system.  If you don't like the responses you get, don't post the attacks you post, simple as that.  Post a well reasoned and dare I say polite post and you'll get a well reasoned, polite reply.  Post raving nutcase vitriol and you'll get the same in response.  That is, quite literally, the only thing this forum understands and subsists on.  Take Smoothie here for example .. he's incapable of interjecting any sort of intelligence into a conversation and makes multiple posts in a row spouting complete nonsense, or take Syke... his latest post is complete drivel and adds absolutely nothing to the conversation yet he keeps offering his "opinion" on thread after thread, even though absolutely no one but other trolls care what he has to say.  It's people like them that make it impossible to communicate on this forum. 

Yes, Endless September describes it perfectly.  I distinctly remember the day the AOL floodgates opened onto my beloved Usenet and what a morass of crap Usenet ultimately succumbed to, which is the same thing we see here.  The problem with Usenet ultimately was that it was unmoderatable for all intents and purposes.  Yes, you could have a moderated newsgroup, but it was cumbersome and the interface lended itself to a horrible moderation system.  A forum is much more suited to moderation and running an unmoderated forum (which I learned first hand) will eventually degenerate into complete crap and as much as I pains me to admit it, moderation is necessary for a public forum to function well and have a long life.  Otherwise it will destroy itself from within and the trolls like Syke, PuertoLibre, Mem, et al will just move on to somewhere else and ruin it.

High and mighty now ...lol

With a real competitor you may actually have treat people with respect

What about "your 8 1/2 month pregnant mother a bottle of JD and a coat hanger"

Champagne PR Skills  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:38:26 AM

Interesting.. please post pictures.  BFL hasn't shipped yet, as if you didn't know.  Are you saying your bASIC is a failure?  I thought it was superior in every way to BFL, or so you said.  Tom is transparent and honest, right?  I guess we know what your assessment of people and companies are worth:  Jack and shit.  And Jack just hopped a bus for Toledo.

LOL pointing out your competition's failure doesn't make yours any better.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: