Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:42:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: JJ Abrams: Gay Characters Coming To Star Wars  (Read 3870 times)
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:22:03 AM

A good movie to use as a measure of these critical standards is Casa Blanca.  There's a great plot, a "save the world" plot.  There are dedicated-to-the-cause characters.  Cutting through the middle of it all is a romance plot.  There isn't a single line of dialogue or a single scene that isn't tightly bound to the plot.

Contrast that with Avatar.  There is nothing but PC crap in Avatar.  Military who are mean, sadistic and who do the bidding of the Greedy Capitalists.  Aliens who are bad renderings of North American Indians.  A primary character who is a cripple-wheelchair-boy.   After all this crap is pushed in and explained, there's no room left for plot.

I can't see the issue with gays as being any different than any other kind of plot or movie revenue destroyer.

Final scene of Casa Blanca.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G62tkd2t7qk

You going to substitute boy-boy-boy there and have the plot work?

ROFL...

Though you're right from an objective point of view, the movie is still a wonder of technological advancement of course, but also a really well measured plot.

Even if there is nothing really important or deep, the plot hits right on the spot IMHO.
So you can't just let it on the sideway Smiley
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 12:37:26 PM

A good movie to use as a measure of these critical standards is Casa Blanca.  There's a great plot, a "save the world" plot.  There are dedicated-to-the-cause characters.  Cutting through the middle of it all is a romance plot.  There isn't a single line of dialogue or a single scene that isn't tightly bound to the plot.

Contrast that with Avatar.  There is nothing but PC crap in Avatar.  Military who are mean, sadistic and who do the bidding of the Greedy Capitalists.  Aliens who are bad renderings of North American Indians.  A primary character who is a cripple-wheelchair-boy.   After all this crap is pushed in and explained, there's no room left for plot.

I can't see the issue with gays as being any different than any other kind of plot or movie revenue destroyer.

ROFL...

Though you're right from an objective point of view, the movie is still a wonder of technological advancement of course, but also a really well measured plot.

Even if there is nothing really important or deep, the plot hits right on the spot IMHO.
Yes I can.  I don't know what spot the plot hits for you, but be happy - you have some sequels coming.
craked5

Activity: 840
Merit: 529

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 12:42:53 PM

ROFL...

Yes I can.  I don't know what spot the plot hits for you, but be happy - you have some sequels coming.

Nah. They announced the sequels after the success but absolutely nothing happened.
Anyway they had no scenario. They even said they wanted to resurect the deads of the first episode cause they had other things to do xD

But it doesn't exactly work like that xD
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 03:29:26 PM

ROFL...

Nah. They announced the sequels after the success but absolutely nothing happened.
Anyway they had no scenario. They even said they wanted to resurect the deads of the first episode cause they had other things to do xD

But it doesn't exactly work like that xD
Okay.  But tell me this, if you liked the plot - what characters could you emphasize with?  Meaning which do you even care if they live or get horribly killed or tortured?  That's essential to success for any story.  I saw all of them as pretty one dimensional, including, surprisingly, Sig Weaver.  But maybe it's hard to relate to it for me when I think I'm seeing a rehash of Pocahontas.  But then that's why the question.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:22:25 PM

aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:06:21 AM

It doesn't sound like from the quote that he is saying gay characters will be in Star Wars.  He was just answering someone's question about whether a gay character could fit in that universe.  Also, I don't think JJ Abrams is doing any more of the movies, so he wouldn't be in control of that anyway.
KiwiParty

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:59:14 AM

What would that be?
Star Arse?
The Empire slaps back?
The Return of the Swag?

No need to put gay characters in, really. Star Wars has to gain pace, it must become more brutal, the empire is a synonym for darkness. Not pinky stars. 

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:55:53 PM

I do not prefer gay characters in star wars. Even though everyone has freedom to enjoy their life in whatever way they choose, it is wrong to bring that concept onto the big screen or in any shape or format to the public.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 01:01:43 PM

What would that be?
Star Arse?
The Empire slaps back?
The Return of the Swag?

No need to put gay characters in, really. Star Wars has to gain pace, it must become more brutal, the empire is a synonym for darkness. Not pinky stars. 

I agree with this.  That fictional universe is one of evil and brutality, and constant fear.
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 02:02:23 PM

What would that be?
Star Arse?
The Empire slaps back?
The Return of the Swag?

I agree with this.  That fictional universe is one of evil and brutality, and constant fear.

Well the movie have never been. The darkest movie must have been the episode 3 with the massacre of the children.

Star wars is mainly about a stupid scenario without any kind of originality. "I'm the good guy, I kill the bad guy". Sums up pretty much the Star Wars scenario.
Bitguybillionaire

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 03:35:37 PM

Its good that we are expanding our boarders as to who we think should star in entertainment. Personally, i dont care what you are, as long as you can put on a good performance and do your job, you deserve to have that role just as much as everyone else.

●                                                     Z I X X                                                     ●
[    DISCORD    ]  [    TWITTER    ]  [ ANN THREAD ]  [   FACEBOOK   ]
|   Automated Shared MNs   |  80% Masternode Rewards  |   Highest "Locked %"  |
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 07:28:13 PM

Its good that we are expanding our boarders as to who we think should star in entertainment. Personally, i dont care what you are, as long as you can put on a good performance and do your job, you deserve to have that role just as much as everyone else.

The problem is, there are some kinds of sexual deviants we don't want to see on screen talking about or exercising their light sabors.
shitcointalk101

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 10:18:58 PM

Me, my friends, family and relatives will boycott the next Star Wars film if they put gay propaganda in it. We won't even download it from Pirate Bay. I won't tolerate such filth. And I won't buy any Star Wars products anymore ever if that happens.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:17:37 AM

The problem is, there are some kinds of sexual deviants we don't want to see on screen talking about or exercising their light sabors.
sexual deviants. Is this what you think about a gay person?
And also if you think they will even talk about sexual parts of the body then your stupid

Lets face it would you even take your kids to see star wars if hansolo said right princess leia I am going to stick my light sabor up your pussy.
It's About feeling love hate sorrow and compassion ..NOT WALKING OUT WITH A BIG HARD ON DUMB ASS

When 2 adults love each other no matter if gay or straight and don't hurt no one then why not embrace. It's beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKiqthx0GKw

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 06:46:08 AM

Me, my friends, family and relatives will boycott the next Star Wars film if they put gay propaganda in it. We won't even download it from Pirate Bay. I won't tolerate such filth. And I won't buy any Star Wars products anymore ever if that happens.

In the West, too many people are brainwashed by the political correctness propaganda. Even if some conservative groups launch a boycott campaign, a counter-polarization will happen, and in the end the Star Wars franchise will benefit out of it. You can avoid watching propaganda movies, but there is no need to publicize it.
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:17:00 AM

This type of gay characters in movies will create a lot of tension among many people and more than gaining more viewers, I believe a lot of big media businesses will lose customers instead of attracting them. Better avoid these characters in any type of media.
mrflibblehat

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:48:24 AM

Please stop with this nonsense and don't ruin Star Wars for the fans like me. It's pointless. Do it on other franchises. Do it with Star Trek - they are more liberal.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:01:32 PM

sexual deviants. Is this what you think about a gay person?
And also if you think they will even talk about sexual parts of the body then your stupid

Lets face it would you even take your kids to see star wars if hansolo said right princess leia I am going to stick my light sabor up your pussy.
It's About feeling love hate sorrow and compassion ..NOT WALKING OUT WITH A BIG HARD ON DUMB ASS

When 2 adults love each other no matter if gay or straight and don't hurt no one then why not embrace. It's beautiful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKiqthx0GKw

I'm afraid you miss the point entirely.  Please think carefully about my response.  It's not that I disagree with your message.  It's that such a message does not have to be included in certain scripts designed to entertain.  Thinking it can or should be included is the problem, not the solution.

The reason for this is that many scripts, people, situations do not have to and should not be sexualized.  Earlier I used the Batman/Robin issue - if that was sexualized, it utterly destroys it.  It's over for those characters.

Earlier I noted how the making of a primary subplot the gay activities of Alexander the Great totally ruined the movie.  Nothing more to be said.  It exists only to entertain, due to this subplot, it failed.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:25:48 PM

Please stop with this nonsense and don't ruin Star Wars for the fans like me. It's pointless. Do it on other franchises. Do it with Star Trek - they are more liberal.

Who cares? People shouldn't watch stupid movies such as Star wars, and special quotas and affirmative actions for LGBTs and minorities in the casting will ensure that the viewership will be kept at a minimum. I wonder what will be the next step. What about a gay James Bond? A bisexual Rambo or Rocky would be attractive as well.  Grin
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:37:17 PM

Who cares? People shouldn't watch stupid movies such as Star wars, and special quotas and affirmative actions for LGBTs and minorities in the casting will ensure that the viewership will be kept at a minimum. I wonder what will be the next step. What about a gay James Bond? A bisexual Rambo or Rocky would be attractive as well.  Grin

In the real, really nasty and ugly world of espionage, playing gay is one tool used.  For blackmail, etc.

But the character of James Bond is well defined, first in the books by Ian Fleming, then in the movies.

No, he isn't gay.  Doing that would be creating a new character.  Or destroying the old one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: