Bitcoin Forum
October 07, 2024, 11:22:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I sold at the right moment :)  (Read 3372 times)
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 08:28:54 AM

I don't buy and sell that quickly, at least not in large amounts like you're talking about.  I find it hard to time it correctly.  With my luck, I sell at 440 and it keeps going up.

I started off with 0.2 from some signature campaign earnings, and invested in a few hyips here and there, and gambled and luckily won.

I then started bitcoin-fiat trading, and over the past two years, I've accumulated about 4 BTC profit.
Do you plan on reinvest all your earnings or securing some part of it ?

And do you have a precise strategy or do you rely on "Instincts" ?  Grin
You dont know when it is a right moment. I think because you never know, because you also dont know what is going to happen with the value.
It can be also that you have sold it and that the value after that will rise more and more so you wont have a right moment.
Barnabe

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 10:22:11 AM

I don't buy and sell that quickly, at least not in large amounts like you're talking about.  I find it hard to time it correctly.  With my luck, I sell at 440 and it keeps going up.

I started off with 0.2 from some signature campaign earnings, and invested in a few hyips here and there, and gambled and luckily won.

I then started bitcoin-fiat trading, and over the past two years, I've accumulated about 4 BTC profit.

You dont know when it is a right moment. I think because you never know, because you also dont know what is going to happen with the value.
It can be also that you have sold it and that the value after that will rise more and more so you wont have a right moment.
Yeah I know, but some traders heavily rely on some mathematical indicators (and if you want to do automatic trading you can only depend on them).
These indicators can be good to anticipate some known patterns and thus selling/buying at the right time.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:08:25 PM

Did anyone else make a quick hundred bucks? I sold when bitcoin touched $440, and I rebought a few minutes later when the price hit $420. Free monies!
You are lucky, because you see I was unlucky when I bought earlier the price was 480$ and now its not going over 440$ , though I know the price will increase sooner or later, but still , quick profit like yours is good.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
gregyoung14

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:16:56 PM

Great deal! That was really cool! That very same time i was actually planning to buy a few couple of Bitcoins myself, but kept myself from doing it thinking i could get it for a lower price if i'd just wait. But niice. Really nice. Cheers mate.
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:38:47 PM

You dont know when it is a right moment. I think that is difficult to predict. You never know what can happen in the future.
There is also a chance that it can be more worth later in the future. And that will be good. 

Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 04:01:15 PM

unfortunately i was not lucky as you and because i don't have huge capital for trading i didn't ever earn huge profit from my trading activity and only small profit
Yes actually its very lucky feeling when price increase so quickly , but actually I also have made many times such profit with the price increase. I have made some 0.12 btc profit overall.
Rotator

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 05:53:28 PM

Did anyone else make a quick hundred bucks? I sold when bitcoin touched $440, and I rebought a few minutes later when the price hit $420. Free monies!
Umm nope! whenever i sell the price keeps rising and i regret a lot lol, so i'm waiting for the price to go above 700$ so i could make solid profit.
As we can see price never rising constantly without downfalls.

So if you follow trends you en predict and earn some small profit.

Bu this is nothing if you compare gain after halving..
7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:40:03 AM

well that was very lucky, you really sold at perfect moment, and you have you'r bitcoin now too and extra money, if you could know when to seel you would be rich
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:45:32 AM

I was having second thoughts on sellin my coins whenever the price does that so I never really benefit from then current rise and fall of the btc price. I wished I had sold tho so I could've bought some profit, mybe I'll learn more how the market works so te next time I will know whether it is a good time or not to sell and buy.
zerowing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:51:13 AM

Congrats! right sales at right time!
Lutzow

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:59:55 AM

Nice job. I know the feeling your into and that's the joy in trading. But it's not always like that so better savor the win Smiley

Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:13:42 AM

You cant know if you have sold at the right moment. Maybe you think it has a high value to sell it.
But you never know what can happen later in the future. The value can also rise more and more and than you have sold it to early.
michnelli6

Activity: 365

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:30:36 PM

not a bad profit, congratulations. not every one can make profits like this in such a short time. i prefer to keep holding my coins without much trading. i will sell some if we reach $500 or i will simply spend the coins on something nice.
Yes and I can smell the price rise to soon reach some 500$ and above, I am also holding good amount of bitcoins for the price rise and will certainly sell half of them at 500$ and wait for rest to sell at 550$ Cheesy
CasioK

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:43:02 PM

You never know what the right moment is to sell it. Maybe you see that the rising has stopped now.
But it can also that the worth will rise more later in the future and than you will get some more profit. It is hard to predict.
Well, that is actually greed and you have to set a greed level before buying, because once you have not sold at a good price you wont be able to convince yourself to sell at cheaper than that. Better be wise than loosing all.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Nemesis099

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:44:04 PM

not a bad profit, congratulations. not every one can make profits like this in such a short time. i prefer to keep holding my coins without much trading. i will sell some if we reach $500 or i will simply spend the coins on something nice.
Yes and I can smell the price rise to soon reach some 500$ and above, I am also holding good amount of bitcoins for the price rise and will certainly sell half of them at 500$ and wait for rest to sell at 550$ Cheesy

That's the right thing to do, never sell all your coins, just sell a part of it and rest hold it for future, as we never what would be the price of bitcoin in future.
makingwin1

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 09:22:49 AM

i did, just i had 1btc only, sold it for 436$ and bought for 219$ next day, extra 17$ won't hurt my wallet, would be awesome to have sence when tosell everytime
Pollak

Activity: 182

Pollak

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:29:31 AM

That's the right thing to do, never sell all your coins, just sell a part of it and rest hold it for future, as we never what would be the price of bitcoin in future.
It is hard to know, if you have sold it at the right moment. I think it is also possible that it can be more worth.
And that is very difficult to expect that. But you can now see that the price is also rising very slowly and that is good.

Taskford

Activity: 2688
Merit: 830

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 09:37:04 AM

Great deal! That was really cool! That very same time i was actually planning to buy a few couple of Bitcoins myself, but kept myself from doing it thinking i could get it for a lower price if i'd just wait. But niice. Really nice. Cheers mate.

Maybe that trade looks great in short term. But in long term, it is better to hold the coins and use them in the goods.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:00:54 AM

Its good that you sold on the right moment in your opinion, but I do not think its good to sell now at all.
The halving is also coming and it will make you let profit for sure so I think it would be stupid to do.
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:49:17 AM

You are partly right, the bitcoin is not to predict at all but this is also the fact the price can rise to a high point from a moment it was not likely to happen.
So its always the question if you sold on the right moment because the price can go rise further on moments that are not expected.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: