Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MNW Bet settlement  (Read 6400 times)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 02:25:27 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2013, 08:26:26 PM by Matthew N. Wright

This thread has moved to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140654

In discussing this issue with Theymos, he advised me to make an additional thread to make sure that the members whom have ignored my messages to would have another chance to respond.

As you may have seen in this thread, I am currently trying to make amends for my awful behavior back in September. I have had a lot of time to think about my actions and have come to the conclusion that this is the only right thing to do. I have sent messages to every member here in attempts to make things right, but some have either not responded (yet), have me on ignore (for good reason), or were fake names used by people who had no intention of paying if they had in fact lost. Because I cannot rightfully say that I have tried contacting them without taking this extra step, I am creating this thread in hopes that the following users will read this and message me or at least respond to my message.

(To everyone else, my apologies for what seems like a whiny "Oh please forgive me I have sinned" spam thread. It's not what it looks like.)

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:07:24 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2013, 02:03:12 PM by Vandroiy

Let's see how this plays out.

As was hinted in another thread, trust comes by foot and leaves by horse. For good reason.

Then again, I prefer people who stand up for their past to those who try to bury it and move on as if nothing happened. Sadly, the latter seems to be common practice.

As for the bets, the one I would like to see settled is the one with hgmichna on terms of my bet. I never got the point of your terms anyway. I guess they already hinted something was fishy...? hgmichna is not very hard to find, but as noted on his website he is currently in Africa and returning early February. (There's an African phone number on there, but unless you suddenly decide to pay it'd be quite weird to call him. Cheesy )
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 03:09:55 PM

ah, now I understand who's been buying all those bitcoins lately  Shocked

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:15:34 PM

If you want to pay up, you have the address in the original thread.

Not much more needs to be said really.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:27:21 PM

That's simply not true. What if someone's bitcoin address has changed? What if I am trying to contact them to offer a settlement? It's fine if they don't accept and I owe them the rest of my life, but some people who actually want to be paid something will probably want to be notified of such intention. It's not so cut and dry.

finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:33:03 PM

Pay the debt, then you'll be forgiven by me.
Bitcoin Address:  1ALatCsyZ2fh4gLQNij1RuTeU3cuywE9YD

Don't think pirate will payout as promised?
If you truly believe that Pirate is a scam/ponzi, then this is a no-brainer easy money for you.

Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit (maximum of 10,000BTC in bets allowed in this thread total) if Pirate does not pay out in 3 weeks as he described in his thread.

To make your bets easier to read, please stick to the following format:
Code:
20BTC
13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM
Optional comment

The above post would be betting 20BTC that he in fact is not going to payout as described. If I lose the bet, you get 20BTC sent to that address. If you lose, you'll need to send 20BTC to my address.

Anyone (including myself) who renigs on their bets will be labeled a scammer on the forums. Theymos will retain the IP addresses of everyone who has committed here and as you are marked a scammer for not paying, you will also be reported to the bitcoin police and tracked. For this reason, it is important that you do not bet more than you can afford to lose. Considering the high probability of fraud from newbie sockpuppets, only established 100+ post users will be allowed to participate.

The minimum commitment is 0.1BTC. The maximum is 100BTC per person.

Disclaimer: Although I think pirate is a high risk venture due to a complete lack of transparency on his part, I am sorely reminded that the forum needs to be taught a lesson when it comes to crying wolf on things without evidence. It's getting sickening. "SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!". So put your money where your mouth and bet for a better bitcoin forum/community overall.

For the record, the address to remit your funds to if you indeed lose is 13dSK4663Ts7j2PwHS1eUVjycKLBwx7PJM

Thank you and good luck!

I reserve the right to lock this thread and stop accepting additional bets at any time. All existing bets in the thread will still be honored regardless.

I'm in , 10BTC, if i win , please sent coins to  1FmUVR7cSnShhSSS8zzBnxsDLaCuGTK3TN
thanks.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:37:10 PM

Pay the debt, then you'll be forgiven by me.
Bitcoin Address:  1ALatCsyZ2fh4gLQNij1RuTeU3cuywE9YD

Thank you finway (good to see this thread is working!). If you would be so kind as to respond to the message I sent, it will make keeping track of things much easier (that goes for everyone else as well).

jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:39:56 PM

Payback your loan to Gamma Bitcoin Fund please.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:42:54 PM

That's simply not true. What if someone's bitcoin address has changed? What if I am trying to contact them to offer a settlement? It's fine if they don't accept and I owe them the rest of my life, but some people who actually want to be paid something will probably want to be notified of such intention. It's not so cut and dry.

I keep control over the address I used for the bet, so in my case that settles it.

Not a big quantity anyway.

All I can get is some extra BTC, which if you want you are free to pay.

I don't see how exchanging messages with you would change things.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:45:28 PM

Thank you for clarifying muyuu. One of the benefits of communicating with me would be to know what is actually happening and keep track of payments. If you are unwilling to do that, I guess you will just get paid when you get paid (which seems to be your attitude anyway). I'm sorry that I have caused you to take that stance on the matter and I hope that I am able to make things right soon.

I keep control over the address I used for the bet, so in my case that settles it.

Not a big quantity anyway.

All I can get is some extra BTC, which if you want you are free to pay.

I don't see how exchanging messages with you would change things.

usagi
VIP

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 03:54:39 PM

I originally wanted to absolve Matthew's bet but a few of my shareholders have stated that is not my right. So. I've created clean address which everyone can check to see that Matthew has made payments to me for NYAN's bet.

Our bet was for 750 BTC.

All money paid to this address will find their way to NYAN shareholders.

I'm sorry matthew but I don't have a choice in this, it's my duty to post this information for my shareholders :<

[19XedYRGLY4FBKpRwDK48481HpvXtRoMA4]

Any and all money sent to this address will satisfy the requirement of Matthew N. Wright to NYAN.

FWIW I think that if he makes payments the scammer tag should be removed.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:08:51 PM

I originally wanted to absolve Matthew's bet but a few of my shareholders have stated that is not my right. So. I've created clean address which everyone can check to see that Matthew has made payments to me for NYAN's bet.

Our bet was for 750 BTC.

All money paid to this address will find their way to NYAN shareholders.

I'm sorry matthew but I don't have a choice in this, it's my duty to post this information for my shareholders :<

[19XedYRGLY4FBKpRwDK48481HpvXtRoMA4]

Any and all money sent to this address will satisfy the requirement of Matthew N. Wright to NYAN.

FWIW I think that if he makes payments the scammer tag should be removed.

I wasn't aware your shareholders made the bet. To discuss a settlement (which cannot realistically be 750 BTC unfortunately), please PM. Thanks.

Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:12:49 PM

Not that I have a stake here either way, but I am not sure if a bet made on an internet forum would be enforceable in any court of law. So anything matthew pays will be out of his own goodwill. And God knows how many of the bettors that would actually have paid if they lost. Being labeled 'scammer' on an internet forum would probably be the desired option for many making bigger bets, esp. for those with little to lose.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 04:20:39 PM

Theymos beat me in posting this to Important Announcements.  Cheesy
Best of luck in clearing this up!
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 04:41:51 PM

+1 A symbolic compensation, no matter how small, would have done a lot to cover the time wasted by this deception.

I guess It's never too late for excuses.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2013, 04:49:22 PM

Irony in 5... 4... 3...
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 05:54:39 PM

I was not around during the time of the bet but I think it's good that you're trying to own up to your mistakes.

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
eb3full
VIP

Activity: 198
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 06:55:41 PM

I wasn't one of the bettors but I remember you having a giant know-it-all ego way before you pulled that stunt. (You've been replaced by that guy who runs MPEx.) Have you learned to act more mature? What you write will end up on some section of archive.org in 50 years.

"With four parameters I can fit an elephant, and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk." John von Neumann
buy me beer: 1HG9cBBYME4HUVhfAqQvW9Vqwh3PLioHcU
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 07:01:59 PM

Anyone want to set up a bet over whether Matthew will settle all his bets?

j/k

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
Dansker

Activity: 740

Hello world!

View Profile
January 22, 2013, 07:04:27 PM

I still think you are an ass Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: