Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:25:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Senior Member legendster's Multimedia Services  (Read 2852 times)
james.lent (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:10:05 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2016, 02:20:56 AM by james.lent

What happened:: This member started a thread on the service section offering 3d rendering/modeling services. He has also 'updated his portfolio' which are actually random images grabbed from google and he slapped trademarks on them

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=93844

Reference Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072391.0
         Archived : https://web.archive.org/web/20160130051714/https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072391.0

Images source: first pic : https://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datagrafikk  / https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ec/Glasses_800_edit.png

second pic : http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-0FBjowpxpxU/TjgX8-M0gbI/AAAAAAAAAEw/Bgf7nAR1xG4/s1600/Home-theatre.jpg

third pic : http://s3images.coroflot.com/user_files/individual_files/407503_ZEl1NoCTwdYBpAVqUS1QckNtr.jpg

fifth pic : http://www.offshorerenderingservices.com/images/architectural-samples/3d-interior-rendering-18.jpg

Slapping on a trademark on someone else's work doesn't make it yours. Only proves that you're out to scam.

edit: If you really did design them, then im sure you have no issue's proving it as maybe a screenshot when its under the designing process or something.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 02:27:41 AM

Seems stupid. He should have at the very least distorted the images a little bit so you couldn't do a reverse google image search. I'm sure that the images were simply stolen randomly. Looks like legendster just found the images and then slapped a watermark on it.

Not sure why he would do this if he was expecting people to pay for his services - once they see his REAL work, they would most likely bomb him with negative feedback (maybe he wanted them to send first?)

james.lent (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:33:20 AM

Not sure why he would do this if he was expecting people to pay for his services - once they see his REAL work, they would most likely bomb him with negative feedback (maybe he wanted them to send first?)

That would most likely be the intention he has.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 02:40:56 AM

The image taken from wikipedia was created by Gilles Tran, if you can proof that identity, I'm ready to remove my negative trust.

Remember I have been doing this since 2009 so yes my portfolio is much bigger than what I have posted here - which is just 3D stuff.
Funny, the picture you claimed to be made by yourself was Picture of the day in 2006.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Picture_of_the_day/August_2%2C_2006

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 02:43:33 AM

lol, you guys are going too far, lutpin is now asking this guy for proof of identity
Also @james.lent if he made the pictures years ago, why would you expect him to have pics of it being constructed from that many years ago? why would he even have pictures of the image in construction?

james.lent (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:46:59 AM

lol, you guys are going too far, lutpin is now asking this guy for proof of identity
Also @james.lent if he made the pictures years ago, why would you expect him to have pics of it being constructed from that many years ago? why would he even have pictures of the image in construction?

Wouldnt be hard for him to do a basic reconstruction of those images now to prove his innocence. Clearly those images are not his. They're not only available on that one source which i've posted, but all over google.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 02:48:01 AM

No I don't. A simple message from Gilles Tran would be enough, I've made an example here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Lutpin
or a blog post on his website:
http://www.oyonale.com/blog/
Both thinks would be enough as proof.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 02:49:55 AM

Wouldnt be hard for him to do a basic reconstruction of those images now to prove his innocence. Clearly those images are not his. They're not only available on that one source which i've posted, but all over google.
So why not just ask for him to do a basic reconstruction instead of having him show proof of identity?
I think you guys arent clear on what bitcoin and this forum is about

james.lent (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:51:44 AM

So why not just ask for him to do a basic reconstruction instead of having him show proof of identity?

I did. Stop trolling and get back to your bridge.
Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 02:53:16 AM

You did not, you asked him for screenshots of when the images were under original construction, what are the chances of him taking screenshots from 6 years ago and still having them?

james.lent (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 02:56:42 AM

You did not, you asked him for screenshots of when the images were under original construction, what are the chances of him taking screenshots from 6 years ago and still having them?

screenshot when its under the designing process or something

did i say 6 years ago ? Under designing process could also mean a recreation , or maybe he has the project saved. Not talking about the first pic in general, now stop trolling.
Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 02:59:25 AM

did i say 6 years ago ? Under designing process could also mean a recreation , or maybe he has the project saved. Not talking about the first pic in general, now stop trolling.

But, if he does have the skill to do this and he does create something and provides screenshots, how will that prove that he made the original pictures
simple-- (how will he prove he made the old pictures with new ones?)

james.lent (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:02:49 AM

But, if he does have the skill to do this and he does create something and provides screenshots, how will that prove that he made the original pictures

Since he updated his portfolio recently with those pics, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072391.msg13354700#msg13354700 , and if he's the original creator of those pics, then im sure he wont have an issue proving them.
Panthers52

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 03:05:00 AM

It looks like the hero member 'Quickseller' gave this person a negative rating over a year ago because he was trying to take out a 60 BTC loan while using a faucet as collateral Cheesy

It also looks like Legendary member 'johnniewalker' left this person a negative rating over similar issues as were described in the OP, as legendster was trying to sell a high end car, but to prove ownership of such cars he used pictures of cars being sold in Las Angeles while legendster was(is) located in India.

There also appears to be some level of controversy over the ratings that escrow.ms left for legendster as legendster purchased bitcoin from escrow.ms at above market value and ended up receiving two positive ratings from the deal, one from escrow.ms and one from Benson Samuel who has worked closely with escrow.ms in the past.

Kind Regards
Panthers52

PGP 827D2A60

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:05:52 AM

What are you on about... Nobody asked for original construction 6years ago you totally made that up. Reading comprehension fail. Just open the source file is basically what's being suggested. Maybe you should let the perp do their own shilling you're really bad at this lol.
Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 03:06:16 AM

Since he updated his portfolio recently with those pics, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072391.msg13354700#msg13354700 , and if he's the original creator of those pics, then im sure he wont have an issue proving them.
But my question is how you think he is going to prove that he made the images, do you think he made screenshots halfway through his work?

james.lent (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:09:04 AM

But my question is how you think he is going to prove that he made the images, do you think he made screenshots halfway through his work?

Wtf, are you retarded or just trolling ? If he owns the image im sure he has the means to prove em. Every project has a source file. Like photoshop has .psd files. Source files is a must for 3d renderings as they're needed for edits/ touch-ups . Stop shilling
GSpgh

Activity: 532
Merit: 302

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:09:15 AM

It looks like the hero member 'Quickseller'

Kind Regards
Panthers52

Pathetic... Give up the socks already. You are tainting whatever point you may have.
Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2016, 03:11:38 AM

Wtf, are you retarded or just trolling ? If he owns the image im sure he has the means to prove em. Every project has a source file. Like photoshop has .psd files. Source files is a must for 3d renderings as they're needed for edits/ touch-ups . Stop shilling
So he should send you his source files? remove your negative trust at once

james.lent (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 03:12:47 AM

So he should send you his source files? remove your negative trust at once

No, as i've already stated, he can open that file, take a snapshot of his work and post it. Cant you read?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: