Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:31:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone give you negative trust for participating in a PONZI?  (Read 5941 times)
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 05:11:33 PM

This will be a never ending drama and debate, the forum owner should comment on this matter and solve all the feuds in peaceful manner.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:13:08 PM

"displaying behavior"
I think the only one here who is displaying any kind of behavior is you.
Simply refusing to see any other point of view than your own, and when people don't comply there will be "consequences"
Trying to blackmail people into agreeing with your point of view does not make it the right or even the only point of view.

But thanks for bumping, the more people who read this thread the better.

Have a nice day.
I see that you, just like every other whining dirtbag can't put together a decent argument to counter my assertions.

I'm not refusing to see other points of view, I've already said that I love to have my position challenged with reasoned argument. Trouble is, you and your ilk have no reasoned argument because your support of ponzi scams in your quest for illicit profit is indefensible.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:33:02 PM

He is trolling hard.I think only Doo can solve this now,try PMing him.

yo
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 05:47:35 PM

I was asked for my opinion of this thread.

> Someone give you negative trust for participating in a PONZI?

How would anyone even know that you participated in a ponzi? Just play the game if you want to - it's your money and you can give it to a scammer if you like.

I suspect that you received negative trust for promoting the ponzi, not for participating in it. Posting on the forum about how you played the game and made a profit isn't just playing the game, it's promoting the game to others, even though you know it's a scam. You're free to do that if you like, and others are free to leave you feedback drawing attention to how you are promoting a scam.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
whywefight
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042

www.explorerz.top

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:08:50 PM

How would anyone even know that you participated in a ponzi? Just play the game if you want to - it's your money and you can give it to a scammer if you like.

I suspect that you received negative trust for promoting the ponzi, not for participating in it. Posting on the forum about how you played the game and made a profit isn't just playing the game, it's promoting the game to others, even though you know it's a scam. You're free to do that if you like, and others are free to leave you feedback drawing attention to how you are promoting a scam.

Told you so guys.

Heutenamos

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:17:15 PM

Posting on the forum about how you played the game and made a profit isn't just playing the game, it's promoting the game to others,
How is posting on their service thread promoting ? That section is actually made or consists only that stuff,No ?

yo
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:21:38 PM

Just made my second successful withdrawal.
I am now already in profit on the Level 7 building I bought on the 24 th.
Well the building is not exactly in profit but I have a few hundred refs
and with those earnings I just passed the cost of the building.

Let the profit begin. Hope for a long lived program.
But the server problem needs to be addressed, ATM I feel it is not a good time to
advertise more because first time visitors may not get a good first impression. 

It looks to me like this person was writing about his experience dealing with/playing on that site. He also does not have the influence that would cause millions of dollars to flow to that site upon his (paid, but payment not disclosed until after the scam is revealed) endorsement.
Zeke2345

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:21:54 PM

One aspect about gambling that relates to ponzi schemes is that a gambler never loses. So some one posting that they won is really not enough to go off,but this is my opinion. Being that I dabble in the dark art of gambling I wonder if that will be the next step when the moral police come calling!
This is not a troll question but curious if gambling is next on the agenda?
I know you guys have different agendas that have merged so far and just want to see what the future looks like here.

Never understood Ponzi schemes,if something is to good to be true it is. Besides that you go into it with open eyes and only have yourself to blame if you get scammed. People do not need to be protected from themselves,its called enabling!

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Heutenamos

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:31:16 PM

People do not need to be protected from themselves,its called enabling!
Unlimited weapons but Limited Target's,what do you expect ?

yo
TheInfidel (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:40:56 PM

Posting on the forum about how you played the game and made a profit isn't just playing the game, it's promoting the game to others,
How is posting on their service thread promoting ? That section is actually made or consists only that stuff,No ?

Just made my second successful withdrawal.
I am now already in profit on the Level 7 building I bought on the 24 th.
Well the building is not exactly in profit but I have a few hundred refs
and with those earnings I just passed the cost of the building.

Let the profit begin. Hope for a long lived program.
But the server problem needs to be addressed, ATM I feel it is not a good time to
advertise more because first time visitors may not get a good first impression. 

It looks to me like this person was writing about his experience dealing with/playing on that site. He also does not have the influence that would cause millions of dollars to flow to that site upon his (paid, but payment not disclosed until after the scam is revealed) endorsement.

Thank you both, I was for a little while starting to believe I was the only sane person here.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 2327

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:41:38 PM

It looks like this is one instance where Dooglus declares "do as I say, not as I do"

In late 2014, dooglus publicly (claimed to) invest in, publicly played at with very large amounts, gave positive trust to (claiming to have risked 100 BTC), and was a moderator at with his "Dooglus" handle at a site that was very new and had little reason to be trusted with thousands of BTC. The site turned out to be a scam and even after it was revealed this site was a scam Dooglus still promoted the site by proclaiming that it was not certain the site was a scam. This site just so happened to scam their users just a day after Dooglus was able to withdraw all the BTC he (claimed to have) invested at the site. All this was after he had made over 50 BTC between gambling winnings and bankroll profits (if I remember the amount correctly).

Shortly after this incident, he endorsed another site with his signature that outright turned off their servers and ran away with over 2,000 BTC, but again not before Dooglus was able to withdraw all his BTC (and of course profits).

Dooglus was doing much more then telling people about his experience, he was actively telling people to invest and deposit into these scam sites and was getting paid large amounts to do so. The OP in this case is merely telling others about his experience and even warned about a potential danger of the site.

I wonder if devil is going to leave negative trust for people who post about large wins at Just-Dice since Just-Dice is run by a scammer.
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:17:55 PM

I agree with OP that it is difficult to determine a scammer from a legit user, especially on the internet. There are too many DT who blindly leave negative reputation. People find and do work on this forum. While I do not condone promoting ponzis, flagging someone who is obviously profiting from the racket should be negative trusted. Sometimes things are misinterpreted, and the DTers have it in their minds that people are scamming and that's that.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
Heutenamos

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 07:46:40 PM

We don't have rights to delete that feedback but we can make a supporting post for the OP in the link below.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1236667.msg14063553#msg14063553

yo
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:33:55 PM

Last last time I checked, ponzis were illegal to operate and invest in. It's your fault you broke the law : You did it off your own free will.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 10:29:26 PM

How is posting on their service thread promoting ?
Lets say I were to post on a thread of a scam service (that I knew would scam) saying "Wow, this service is great! I got 2x my profit!". Next day, this service steals all of the money invested. Do you not think I am in the wrong at all for using my position (which Newbie members would likely trust) to promote an obvious scam website?
I think that the trust is completely justifiable. If you want it removed then stop promoting Ponzi scams and contact cryptodevil in a few months and ask nicely to have it removed.

That section is actually made or consists only that stuff,No ?
Irrelevant. New users coming across that section will see "Multiplying your Bitcoin in 2 days!" and become interested. More than likely people such as OP will help remove any doubts by vouching for a service which will eventually scam.

We don't have rights to delete that feedback but we can make a supporting post for the OP in the link below.
snip
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like someone who promotes my service to be also promoting illegal websites which steal other people's money.

Also, sort of off topic, but I really wish people like OP would stop using the word 'blackmail' in cases like this. Cryptodevil would gain nothing by you not promoting in ponzis, he would simply be helping new users to this community to avoid scams. Please look up the definition of blackmail.
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 10:32:56 PM

Last last time I checked, ponzis were illegal to operate and invest in. It's your fault you broke the law : You did it off your own free will.
Where in the world are ponzis illegal to invest in? Where did you hear this? I am intrigued and want to know more

Yes OP, the self appointed police made new forum laws a few hours ago, if you invest in ponzi schemes then they say you are a scammer, you can pm theymos about this if you think it is abuse

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 10:41:09 PM

Where in the world are ponzis illegal to invest in? Where did you hear this? I am intrigued and want to know more
"A Ponzi scheme is an illegal business practice..." - Source. Literally the first result in Google.

Should you not trust this source, which I can understand, here are sources from official US ("Yet, both pyramid and Ponzi schemes are illegal because they inevitably must fall apart."), UK ("Legitimate trading schemes rely on valuable goods and services, while illegal pyramid schemes focus simply on recruiting more and more investors.") and Canadian ("Illegal distributions of securities sometimes involve Ponzi schemes.") websites. Obviously whether said schemes are illegal in a certain country is variable, however in most (if not all) 1st world countries such schemes are illegal.

Yes OP, the self appointed police made new forum laws a few hours ago, if you invest in ponzi schemes then they say you are a scammer
This sort of mentality has been around on this forum longer than I have. Please stop acting like you know how this forum used to operate to try push your childish vendetta against certain members of the DT system.

you can pm theymos about this if you think it is abuse
And he won't do anything about it. Abuse is defined as spam or other things of the same liking. Theymos has no jurisdiction on whether a feedback is correct or not (similar to every single other member on this forum bar the feedback giver and receiver), and he does not have the time to investigate every case. This is why trust is not moderated.
Stroto

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:42:56 PM

Yes OP, the self appointed police made new forum laws a few hours ago, if you invest in ponzi schemes then they say you are a scammer, you can pm theymos about this if you think it is abuse

In most of the western world organizing these Schemes became illegal in the 90s, in Russia I think it was 2013 but i'm not sure about the year but it was pretty recent. But I am unaware about Asia, Africa and South-America though. And at some places next to organizing participating is illegal too.
Stroto

Activity: 449
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:44:35 PM

"A Ponzi scheme is an illegal business practice..." - Source. Literally the first result in Google.

That source only talks about the small state of the USA and not the international bitcoin community
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2016, 10:48:05 PM

Yes OP, the self appointed police made new forum laws a few hours ago, if you invest in ponzi schemes then they say you are a scammer
This sort of mentality has been around on this forum longer than I have. Please stop acting like you know how this forum used to operate to try push your childish vendetta against certain members of the DT system.

you can pm theymos about this if you think it is abuse
And he won't do anything about it. Abuse is defined as spam or other things of the same liking. Theymos has no jurisdiction on whether a feedback is correct or not (similar to every single other member on this forum bar the feedback giver and receiver), and he does not have the time to investigate every case. This is why trust is not moderated.
Where is illegal to invest in? Has anyone ever been arrested for investing? Not running the ponzi, investing

abuse is defined as : use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse.

its literally the first thing that came up when i googled it

Also, are you implying that I have something against OP because he is on DT?
I literally found out that he has on DT just minutes ago

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: