Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:43:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool mining sites Get your act together  (Read 639 times)
GailSan (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:07:25 AM

Pool mining all your sites are way to complicated.
Spent the last three hours trying to work out going through numerous sites and pools
all of them poorly laid out, badly explained etc. How the hell do you expect people to get
in to this stuff
Is it any wonder so many of us don't mine coins.  Shocked
That's why ICO are so popular - few of us have the time to spend delving in to this stuff.
All the sites expect some kind of professional knowledge Make it easy FFS!
Think real world software designed for the masses.
Many of us have day jobs and lives.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kotarius

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:27:47 AM

If you think pools are hard, you should try solo mining.
Smatterx

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:54:24 AM

Im kind of thinking the same.

I would love a new stable coin that had all the software figured out at release.
Like an GUI wallet, easy to port mining software etc.

I don´t know much about koding and/or if its possible to make a wallet with GUI, Mining options (Pool and solo).
And coop with trading sites so you can handle that in the software too.
Spesific coin related news readeble in the "wallet"

etc etc.

The built in mining pools option would put pressure on pool sites to make it so easy as possible.

I know that the pool sites are har to solve getting in the "wallet" cous of site changes and so on.
But maby have the biggest pool sites and have the option so one could add own sites.

/Sx
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:03:10 PM

Pool mining all your sites are way to complicated.
Spent the last three hours trying to work out going through numerous sites and pools
all of them poorly laid out, badly explained etc. How the hell do you expect people to get
in to this stuff
Is it any wonder so many of us don't mine coins.  Shocked
That's why ICO are so popular - few of us have the time to spend delving in to this stuff.
All the sites expect some kind of professional knowledge Make it easy FFS!
Think real world software designed for the masses.
Many of us have day jobs and lives.

90% of pools are professional you're just being laughably impatient. Knowing nothing and calling out all pools instead of googling the info or watching a short guide isn't making you look good.

That's why ICO are so popular
The reason ICOs are popular because people are dumb and impatient and just want quick cash.

Not your keys, not your coins!
spydud22

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:27:12 PM

took me 20 minutes to set up pretty much any pool out there... they all have a getting started section/help or an irc. if you havent googled it yet you are just being lazy.

Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:07:45 AM

I will have to agree with the OP on this one to a certain degree.  Once I went through a lot a pain and steep learning curve with hardware, wallets, and software... Then get to finally look at the pools for the first time ALL of this really is like a foreign language and completely new.  The first time through it all is a giant pain, and the learning curve is steep.  The pools sites are not very intuitive in many cases and they really could stand to post a couple minute video that explains how their pool site works.  There is no way to try and give a sample config for every type of mining software and and all the various switches and options for your specific gear, but the pool sites could make it more simple for complete noobs to get on there, get the info specific to their pool, and get mining. 

Now that being said once you have done one pool config I have found that the rest are very much the same for most of the sites I have seen so far.  Some are quite daunting however and I don't know if I have the patience to deal with some of them.  Once you figure out one mining pool you will find it isn't too bad to try others.   Intuitive, user friendly, simple point and click...  Nope, mining isn't any of those things. :-)  Welcome to the world of crypto mining... I am new also.  Once you get over your first hurdles it starts to get easier...  I am still trying to decide if multipools are of any benefit over just a single pool.   I am testing a multipool right now, and so far I am not sure it is really returning anything more than I was getting with a single pool.  I will monitor for 24hrs and then make the decision if I am making anything more than just sticking with a single pool for a coin I would prefer to acquire. 

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:31:03 AM

Every pool that I know of has a help section or similar. And as you said it yourself they are very similar once you get to know how to use them.

I get that you can't make sense of pools at first but you can't expect that every pool has an extensive guide for your specific hardware and whatnot.
It's pretty much a prerequisite for using pools that you know how to use a mining software and a wallet.
If you have issues with your wallet or mining software or hardware that's not the pools' fault.

Once you know how to use a wallet and you read the documentation of your miner software then pools are pretty self explanatory. Register if required, point your miner to their address, run the miner, receive coins.
Pools, exchanges, block explorers, etc are all just providing a service and they are not there to educate you.

It's hard at first but you can google/youtube everything because plently of people went through the steps before you.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 06:39:33 AM

LOL.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: