Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:32:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Abuser Lutpin  (Read 1941 times)
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 01:18:25 PM

Someone should create a tl;dr for blazed thread if it's getting that bad.
Last time Blazed commented on the whole topic, this was his conclusion:

I really think that Lutpin and Mexxer are doing alright so far. I think it sucks we need people who have to scam bust, but this forum is a cesspool of scammers if we do not. I am on the fence about the gift cards though. Some people do sell cheap cards and I doubt all of them are carded. If someone is offering a warranty with them...obviously carded. I have spoken with a few high-level people and had some message me about these 2 additions. Everyone agrees they are doing an alright job so far. My only advice is slow down and make sure you are right when leaving negative feedback.
It seems now that they didn't bring Blazed to remove mexxer-2/me from his downlist, they are trying to go after Blazed on DT1, hoping to kick us off that way.

I think its time blazed goes back to Level 2
I agree with Heutenamos, i think its time blazed gets demoted to DT2

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 01:20:17 PM

It seems now that they didn't bring Blazed to remove mexxer-2/me from his downlist, they are trying to go after Blazed on DT1, hoping to kick us off that way.

ha! Good luck with that is all I can say. Some you guys can troll other people off DT but blazed won't be one of them. The only way I can see him getting demoted is by him asking to be removed.
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 01:21:04 PM

Someone should create a tl;dr for blazed thread if it's getting that bad.
Last time Blazed commented on the whole topic, this was his conclusion:

I really think that Lutpin and Mexxer are doing alright so far. I think it sucks we need people who have to scam bust, but this forum is a cesspool of scammers if we do not. I am on the fence about the gift cards though. Some people do sell cheap cards and I doubt all of them are carded. If someone is offering a warranty with them...obviously carded. I have spoken with a few high-level people and had some message me about these 2 additions. Everyone agrees they are doing an alright job so far. My only advice is slow down and make sure you are right when leaving negative feedback.

Dont take it personal, we arent fighting against you, but your trust rating often get changed after you make them

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:22:49 PM

Quickseller

I will take a look at everything later and will give my opinion if ownership transferred prior to the negative rating being issued later today.

I believe that I checked for this when I placed my rating on the account, however I will check again.
I have removed my negative rating against ausbit, and recommend that others do the same.

Looking at the archives of the security log, it does look like transfer of ownership potentially happened after the date that the address that connected the account to PoeEDgar et al. Although it is impossible to prove that ownership of the account did not take place, the burden of proof is on the person who left the rating to prove the account did not change hands between the time the address was posted that connected the account to the scammer and when the rating was left, and I am currently unable to prove that ownership did not change in this period.

It appears as though I may have made a mistake when I left my negative rating for this person, and I apologize for this.

I am however, still investigating and it is possible that additional negative ratings may follow regarding this situation.

Interesting to see you getting more cautious. Smiley
Nope, not being more cautious. This is the same policy that I have always followed, however it appears that I either missed this account being on the security log or I forgot to check when I left my negative rating.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2016, 09:47:57 AM

Quickseller

I will take a look at everything later and will give my opinion if ownership transferred prior to the negative rating being issued later today.

I believe that I checked for this when I placed my rating on the account, however I will check again.
I have removed my negative rating against ausbit, and recommend that others do the same.

Looking at the archives of the security log, it does look like transfer of ownership potentially happened after the date that the address that connected the account to PoeEDgar et al. Although it is impossible to prove that ownership of the account did not take place, the burden of proof is on the person who left the rating to prove the account did not change hands between the time the address was posted that connected the account to the scammer and when the rating was left, and I am currently unable to prove that ownership did not change in this period.

It appears as though I may have made a mistake when I left my negative rating for this person, and I apologize for this.

I am however, still investigating and it is possible that additional negative ratings may follow regarding this situation.

Nope, not being more cautious. This is the same policy that I have always followed, however it appears that I either missed this account being on the security log or I forgot to check when I left my negative rating.

Well, though on the other side it would mean that scammers would be pretty safe. Simply scam, change pass twice or thrice and you are fine. You have a sold account.

Well, I'm pretty cautious with red trust too, only pointing out a problem. Wink

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 12:20:57 PM

Quickseller

Well, though on the other side it would mean that scammers would be pretty safe. Simply scam, change pass twice or thrice and you are fine. You have a sold account.

Well, I'm pretty cautious with red trust too, only pointing out a problem. Wink
You are twisting my words, I did not say that. If an account scams, then it is a scammer account, period. I was referring to locating alts of scammer accounts and there are ways around a scammer changing their password twice to attempt to avoid detection, I am not going to go into my specific tactics however I can find if an account that is linked to a scammer is still controlled by said scammer.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 12:56:33 PM

You are twisting my words, I did not say that. If an account scams, then it is a scammer account, period. I was referring to locating alts of scammer accounts and there are ways around a scammer changing their password twice to attempt to avoid detection, I am not going to go into my specific tactics however I can find if an account that is linked to a scammer is still controlled by said scammer.

Was not meant as twisting your words. Though when a connection was drawn to a scammer then it means that account was or is identical with the scammer.

Ok you can assume it was sold and the new owner is innocent. The scammer sold fast, which would be the smart thing to do for him.

Though he should know the rhythm of password changes needed with escrow trades in order to emulate it. He might be able to hold his account.

Ok, on the other hand why should he? He probably would get red trust anyway so the chance might be higher that there is really a new owner.

I only say this is a twisted situation. Not negrepping might mean supporting the scammer that might still own that account. For what reason, I don't know. For sure it would be smarter to sell fast.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: