Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:01:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Debit Cards in India  (Read 10670 times)
Pkzone

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I2VPN Lead developer.Antidote to 3-letter agencies

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2016, 09:06:29 AM

nice to listen that in india this is possible thanks a lot to giving this information. now i will purchase my bitcoin debit card and withdraw it to atm without dealing or trading someone to withdraw my btc.
Who told you that BTC Debit card is available in India?Haven't you read the above post?Currently No bitcoin debit card is available for india
so we can't withdraw btc to fiat by foreign bitcoin debit card?
does it matter matter which countries we are using btc debit card?
so we can't use bitx,xopo debit card to withdrwa btc fund to fiat in india?
Obviously not btw I think you are mistaking debit card for atm card.There are no bitcoin atm at the moment in India if you want to convert your btc to inr,the best option is to use any Indian bitcoin exchange
Can you please stop spreading lies?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debit_card#Offline_debit_system
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATM_card#Card_networks
https://www.bankofamerica.com/student-banking/resources/debit-cards.go

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mynameisdon

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 01:15:27 PM

But my point is even if they ship it to India it won't be of any use.

U need ATM to use debit cards.. we don't have any as of yet and the RBI (or govt) is still not clear with the using of bitcoin in India right.. ( i will have to read latest stuff about this )
Real no use?
I've been using BTC for 3 years and I never had a problem with this.
Bitcoin is essentially a commodity in India.

Are u reading former posts of just posting ? i never said bitcoin is of no use i have been using from 2013. I am saying debit card in india would be of no use since we dont have ATMs. and if we need to do online tx we have our own wallets.
You dont need atm to use debit card.Debit cards can only be used for online transaction or at POS.Atm card or atm cum debit card is required for withdrawing cash from atm
yes when you withdraw btc on bank its doesn't mean you are converting btc to fiat.if you search behind this system-
when you withdrwa btc at atm they got request to sell btc their automated program send the amount by IMPS to your bank account number for withdraw btc at their current exchange rate.
that's it.

masakali

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 04:29:44 PM

My review of wagecan:

The verification process was easy, it took around 3 days and once it was sent, the card reached me in 10 days, the BTC to USD fees is a bit on the higher end. I am paying around 6% fee on top of the USD/BTC value as WageCan conversion fees. IDK if this can be reduced somehow.

Card works fine in POS such as malls and fuel stations. Always use the option to process the sale with a PIN number.

Also, ATM withdrawal does not seem to work. I am interested in knowing if anyone else has managed to use wagecan or ANX etc debit cards to withdraw from Indian ATMs?
Ive tried in ICICI/HDFC/CITI ATM's and they all show me a message "BALANCE:  "
which is not zero, but has no value - i think maybe the ATM is not able to process USD to INR conversion

Please advice if anyone has used these debit cards to withdraw from any particular ATM.

PS: I find the attitude of some of the people here unnecessary, this is an open board to share information and if you think someone is wasting YOUR time you can just ignore the posts and need not reply to them. There is absolutely no need to give advice such as DIY/google it / etc. You are just spamming the thread and more span will follow in the form of an reply to your "advice" so let us just avoid it altogether.
bitcoinlover1

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 07:04:16 PM

I never heard bitcoin debit cards to be accepted in India. I think its not bitcoin is still not that much popular in india so a bitcoin debit card in india is not possible right now.
masakali

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 09:27:24 PM

Bitcoin "debit card" is, in the simplest of terms, a mastercard or a visa card in USD/EUR denomications which you can top up via BTC using a service like WageCan or ANX. It works exactly like your ICICI or HDFC bank debit card except that it can be topped up in BTC.

So, YES it is "possible" in India and ACCEPTED in India by any shop which accepts Visa/MasterCard payments.
dragonballz1

Activity: 38

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:19:56 PM

No there is no place where bitcoin debit card is accepted in India weather its any local shop any petrol pump or any mall in the country.
Even in any ATM of India bitcoin debit card is not accepted.
masakali

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 02:39:47 PM

I have used bitcoin debit card several times in India to fill fuel in bunk and in grocery shops (reliance mart), etc.

Infact I have one right here in my wallet which can be loaded through BTC on WageCan website.

The store clerk person accepting the debit card has no idea that it is bitcoin based or what ever. They dont need to know as well.
 Infact it is just like a normal bank debit card but in USD or EUR currency, but with the added advantage that you can load via BTC through service providers.

So please stop confusing BITCOIN DEBIT CARDS with something else like "BITCOIN ATMs".

BITCOIN DEBIT CARD = NORMAL BANK DEBIT CARD but in USD and money can be loaded on website.

Purpose of bitcoin debit card is to spend bitcoins for normal use such as fuel/movie ticket/shopping etc.

BITCOIN ATM = INSERT YOUR BANK ATM CARD, SCAN MOBILE WALLET CODE, BUY BITCOINS

AFAIK there is no bitcoin ATM in India but bitcoin debit card is very much there and can be used without any problem (except the ones I mentioned in my previous post above)

.....hope this clears things up!

PS: If anyone want to know how to get a bitcoin debit card, PM me or I can make a thread with info.
pratap11

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 03:00:59 PM

I have used bitcoin debit card several times in India to fill fuel in bunk and in grocery shops (reliance mart), etc.

Infact I have one right here in my wallet which can be loaded through BTC on WageCan website.

The store clerk person accepting the debit card has no idea that it is bitcoin based or what ever. They dont need to know as well.
 Infact it is just like a normal bank debit card but in USD or EUR currency, but with the added advantage that you can load via BTC through service providers.

So please stop confusing BITCOIN DEBIT CARDS with something else like "BITCOIN ATMs".

BITCOIN DEBIT CARD = NORMAL BANK DEBIT CARD but in USD and money can be loaded on website.

Purpose of bitcoin debit card is to spend bitcoins for normal use such as fuel/movie ticket/shopping etc.

BITCOIN ATM = INSERT YOUR BANK ATM CARD, SCAN MOBILE WALLET CODE, BUY BITCOINS

AFAIK there is no bitcoin ATM in India but bitcoin debit card is very much there and can be used without any problem (except the ones I mentioned in my previous post above)

.....hope this clears things up!

PS: If anyone want to know how to get a bitcoin debit card, PM me or I can make a thread with info.
Yes i think you should make a thread with more info because i never heard about that
rajasumi2

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2016, 07:29:06 PM

Was wondering if there are any Bitcoin debit cards like Xapo, Advcash, Shift available for India.

Would like to know if anyone here has any information about it. Thanks!
well quite an interesting question ..just imagine .if u have a lot of bitcoins and by now and then ur bitcoins value changes ..from home u thought of buying a product and then it became harsh when u came back to the shop and the price of btc has changed and u could nt buy that product..how would feel ? u feel the most awkward  huh?? u would .so dont even think of btc debit cards until and unless it has reached it a stable level ....kudos Smiley

@prashant

Activity: 896
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 07:20:46 PM

Was wondering if there are any Bitcoin debit cards like Xapo, Advcash, Shift available for India.

Would like to know if anyone here has any information about it. Thanks!
well quite an interesting question ..just imagine .if u have a lot of bitcoins and by now and then ur bitcoins value changes ..from home u thought of buying a product and then it became harsh when u came back to the shop and the price of btc has changed and u could nt buy that product..how would feel ? u feel the most awkward  huh?? u would .so dont even think of btc debit cards until and unless it has reached it a stable level ....kudos Smiley
Instability of bitcoin made it so popular and bitcoin debit card are now old thing.there are Plenty of service which provide you that.you can try ledger pendrive storage get is costly but quite effective.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 06:23:05 AM

I was looking for it but unfortunately I couldn’t find any such service provider for debit cards which offers top up directly with bitcoin. There are some overseas services but those are comparatively costly to use psychical debit card. I have managed to find a bit lengthy solution for this,

We can use freecharge account (which provides virtual credit card facility) and to fund our freecharge account, we can sell bitcoins with freecharge as payment option on local bitcoins.

Alternatively, Unocoin gives service to send btc balance in our bank account and (fees and service tax applicable) but still it’s not much costly. Then we can use our bank debit card as usual. Hope that helps.

Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:21:03 AM

nice to listen that in india this is possible thanks a lot to giving this information. now i will purchase my bitcoin debit card and withdraw it to atm without dealing or trading someone to withdraw my btc.
Who told you that BTC Debit card is available in India?Haven't you read the above post?Currently No bitcoin debit card is available for india
so we can't withdraw btc to fiat by foreign bitcoin debit card?
does it matter matter which countries we are using btc debit card?
so we can't use bitx,xopo debit card to withdrwa btc fund to fiat in india?
Recently my friend got bitcoin debitcard and he was selling it for .01 btc.i am not sure which company name was written but yes bitcoin debitcard are available in india but they have high transition  fee.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2016, 11:09:31 AM

There seem to be a lot of confusions here....

First of all to clear doubts on bitxoin debit card or ATM
I certainly know that debit cards (tourist cards) by bit-x (name has changed now , just Google bit-x.com) can be used to withdraw from ATM  but same as Wage can it charges good amount of fee , but they are limited at the amount you can withdraw so I keep it for emergency purposes.
so there you go , go grab a bitx card and a wagecan card and enjoy btc to cash or purchases...

About using bitcoin for mobikwik Balance, you can use unocoin to top up your mobikwik Balance and zebpay for free charge directly
On the other hand you can buy paytm or mobikwik or any other such cash by localbitcoins .

All aside , I have a question of my own
using bitx card is different deal since as I remember there it a limit of total how much cash you can withdraw from it in lifetime which is pretty small but about wagecan  (which I heard of just now from this thread) allows you to pay for things directly by paying around 6% fee other than conversion charges BUT what about the tax ?  using it in daily life simply implies that you're using it alot but you're not paying tax on it..

I'm interested in getting this card but I'd also like to know how will we be paying tax on such.

I do not enjoy sarcasm or useless answers to this , if any person who has any idea on it,I'd like to hear your views

coldice

Activity: 654
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2016, 01:30:25 PM

Let's take an example:

I went to PVR and payable amount is ₹1000 and i use bitx or wage card to pay my bill.
Then, what would be the fees applied to this transaction as the bill is of ₹1000 and money stored in card is in USD.

Back to talk
Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2016, 02:58:51 PM

The One and only BTC Debit card for India by Moneypolo , Legal and legit Financial service . They offer Moneypolo VISA Card shipped to India but they require heavy verification [ quite and tough and need to be accurate otherwise rejection of verified documents ] , They offer VISA Card price 20$ , You can load Moneypolo account with BTC no fees and then withdraw via their provided Card to ATM , daily withdrawal limit 2000$ max . Check Moneypolo site for more details Smiley , I ordered one for myself and card is on the way , it take 3- 4 weeks for card delivery .

Blackshadow007

Activity: 787
Merit: 276

Currency Xchanger™

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2016, 03:00:34 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2016, 03:17:34 PM by Blackshadow007

MP is not direct BTC Debit card only service , and i dont think its scam , the person opened that thread that accused not proven scam , Indeed i purchased MP VISA CARD with my AXIS DEBIT CARD . Please note i purchased it with my DEBIT CARD not CREDIT CARD . My card did not reject as the person claimed in that thread .... i purchased successfully with 3D SECURE PROCESS and my VISA Card is on the way 2 weeks passed [ as card takes 3 to 4 weeks to reach ] , MP is VERIFIED Financial company which is used by many other popular Processor like OkPay and even BTC-E , EXMO and many more , My point is that you can have the VISA Debit card with Dollar balance and you can withdraw funds by transferring BTC to your MP account and then withdraw via your Card . You don't have to withdraw heavy amount BTC via Indian bank which has risk of being monitored by Income Tax , as MP verification do not need your PAN like Paypal , Payza needs . And you mentioned Wagecan which may be good i don't know but i checked they do not have any company address in their website also no phone no. , only email address lol .. that's fishy really .

lsd1938

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:51:51 PM

So in short no VISA / Mastercard - Card for INDIA yet.

TucoRamirez

Activity: 330
Merit: 123

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 03:45:00 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2017, 06:53:26 PM by TucoRamirez

So in short no VISA / Mastercard - Card for INDIA yet.

Correct!  Cryptopay does not ship their cards to India.

At the moment, you can order from Cryptopay and have it shipped to a friend/relative abroad and have them ship it to you. Using this link will get you a discount: https://cryptopay.me/join/c836b1f0
akablackhat

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 03:09:59 PM

Bitcoin start-up E-Coin has launched a virtual bitcoin debit card that works where VISA is accepted. The virtual bitcoin debit card has until now existed in the realm of possibilities largely due to the idiosyncrasies of the global financial system.
The_Don

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:37:23 AM

Indian govt didnot getting any tax from bitcoin so it's not yet legalised

● LuckyBit ●                                                         
Digital Currency for Gambling Industry Based on MASTERNODE & ASIC RESISTANT Algorithm
|       DISCORD      |      TELEGRAM      |      ANN THREAD      |      FACEBOOK      |      TWITTER       |
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: