Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:42:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Try out NXT without installing anything  (Read 826 times)
Marc De Mesel (OP)

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 08:19:35 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2016, 10:30:17 AM by Marc De Mesel

https://nxt.org/demo/

Check it out.

Nxt is currently a steal. Very undervalued yet a client and functionality that is amazing, as well as adoption thanks to it's asset exchange.

NXT 2.0 is also in the works which will split NXT into 2 coins, 1 forging token fNXT, 1 currency token NXT, but to get those 2 coins you will need to have NXT before the split.

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
z38630610
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:26:19 AM

Hard fork ? nxt dead ?

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
.JINBI..

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
...T H E   G O L D E N   I C O...
.────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────.
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:28:39 AM

Although I don't own any I do follow the project and have to agree. Been waiting for a good dump to pick some up.

box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:28:43 PM

its just all talk at the moment. nothing solid.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:53:07 PM

Hard fork ? nxt dead ?

No, it isn't dead that spit is about splitting mining (main chain) from the ecosystem or ecosystems (child chain/chains) but it's more like brainstorming (proposal) about the future of NXT at this moment than anything what looks like a real plan.
Marc De Mesel (OP)

Activity: 327

The Best Investment Deserves The Largest Exposure

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:23:04 PM

So if I buy NXT, I will receive twice the number of coins after the split?

What is the exact time of the coin split?

Indeed.

Lead dev Jean Luc estimates 1 year.

Before that Nxt 1.8 and 1.9 would be released that would focus on user friendliness of existing features (decentralised market place, shuffling, asset exchange, aliases, messages, etc).

Past releases have been delivered on time since it's inception 2 years ago.

This is indeed just a proposal by Jean-Luc but odds are high this will become the official plan soon as those that disagree don't seem to be able to convince JL to follow another route. Some are leaving nxt & selling their stake.

Early Bitcoin, Byteball & Bitcoin Cash Investor. Loving Voluntarysm, Lambos & Girls Wink
Check out my: https://youtube.com/user/Marcdemesel - https://twitter.com/marcdemesel & https://instagram.com/marc_de_mesel
sadface

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:54:06 PM

Hard fork ? nxt dead ?

No, it isn't dead that spit is about splitting mining (main chain) from the ecosystem or ecosystems (child chain/chains) but it's more like brainstorming (proposal) about the future of NXT at this moment than anything what looks like a real plan.

its just all talk at the moment. nothing solid.

its not all talk or brainstorming. jean-luc already said its going to happen. the only thing for the community to decide is to follow ot not to follow. its no wonder everything else is/was pumping, but nxt.

So if I buy NXT, I will receive twice the number of coins after the split?

What is the exact time of the coin split?

~ 1 year for the coin to split. however the snapshot to determine who receives what will be taken at another time. there is currently a vote:
https://nxtportal.org/polls/12536280419851201672

actually its not unlikely that if you buy now you will end up with three times the coins. once on the 1.x branch, and two times (nxt and fnxt) on the 2.0.

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:29:24 PM

Thoughts on this? It looks like a big deal, and it looks like the market does not like it.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:28:12 PM

Thoughts on this? It looks like a big deal, and it looks like the market does not like it.

I think this is a good idea. The market doesn't like uncertainty and this is something like a bitcoin hardfork, but as soon as they see solid plans and progress the mode will be more relaxed.
sadface

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 10:14:20 PM

i think a lot of people are getting out, because they don't trust the devs to act in their interest. it started with api changes, not engaging in discussion (e.g. asset/asset trading or smart contracts) and now 2.0.
2.0 could be great, it will be a platform for businesses to run their private chains. it could play out nicely and everyone holding nxt might get paid big time.
for me personally the point i started selling my nxt was when at least 10 people (including coinimal and coinomat aka businesses using nxt today) on the forum were asking for asset/asset trading to be implemented. this move could have improved things by adding btc liquidity. you could literally not even get a stance on the matter from the dev team and with 2.0 its clear that they are aiming higher. its ambitious and bolt to screw with the eco system like that. the main issue i see with it is, and its i think another reason the price is tanking, is that there is so much uncertainty that nobody in their right mind will use nxt until 2.0 is released and working. this is only going to get worse after the snapshot, which currently seems it will be taken soon: https://nxtportal.org/polls/12536280419851201672
its costing people money and its the devs fault, by failing to set the tone for major changes like 2.0. maybe their way of setting the tone was making unnecessary API changes for people not to get too comfortable and stop building things. they actually never formulated any vision other than dropping hints that they might not follow the bcnext roadmap.
the far better choice would have been to make a new coin (i know *yawn*). i ask myself why they opted to make this with nxt and the only reason i can come up with is that they sit on a huge stack of nxt themselves and they want to make it worth something by any means.

i do want a few fnxt tho, so i will hold some nxt on the snapshot date. price wise its probably going to go down until a date for the snapshot is known and approaching. its good for anyone new wanting to get in. just dont hope for a quick buck.

turned out to be a bit of a rant, sry Smiley
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2016, 09:52:03 AM

Nxt is in pain but it remains a great platform with a lot of potential. The fact is that a lot or real world businesses are interested to adopt its tech once the 2.0 changes get implemented. Unfortunately such changes are coming at a great cost because they create a state of uncertainty about their effects on the price of existing assets, so it happens that many issuers don't want to take the chance and now are moving to other platforms (imho this drama could have been avoided with direct asset-to-asset trading, if assets were traded in btc/fiat and nxt was just the platform token the changes wouldn't have any effect on assets).

Personally I'm 99,99% in assets and I don't plan to sell any, but if I had more money to invest I'd buy some Nxt at current price. The altcoin market is still much irrational but, in the long run, it's real world adoption that counts and Nxt is among the few that can pull this off in a big way after 2.0

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
x13

Activity: 336

Things are called shit for a reason, dear.

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:10:45 PM

I watching next for some time. I am ready to get in this great project but the current plans for 2.0 makes me a little unsecure.
I'll continue to watch it and will buy a good amount of stake if the plans are going in the right direction. By then, I just will be an critical observer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: