Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:38:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dividend Yield Comparison  (Read 2484 times)
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 05:58:43 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2013, 07:13:51 PM by Peter Lambert

Please don't use those numbers up there ^ as they're very misleading for several companies. Many(most) companies haven't been around for 90 days as BTC-TC is still pretty young. Also many GLBSE refugee companies distributed balloon dividends upon being relisted at BTC-TC which also horribly skews those numbers. You're better off creating your own spreadsheet to track this information.

bASIC-MINING's current APY is 22.5003087% not sure how it was calculated above. Last daily dividend was 0.29415609BTC paid to 1446 shares which at .34/share equates to a daily yield of 0.0616447%.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArTS7AD--9SWdDNfb0lRNElqS1k1eGRoWEw2TGM4NlE#gid=0

Actually we kinda need one (or a few) analyst blogs specializing in finance.

Actually as an aside GLBSE was about to implement a newswire for it's securities, and this is one area where BitFunder is clearly ahead of the competition. It has a newswire. It is for reasons like this that I've chosen to list my securities exclusively on BitFunder.

[BTC-TC] SILVER FAQ:

usagi, are you mentally ill?

So Usagi tried to list his Silver company on BTCT.co, but the moderators are sick of his nonsense and voted against allowing it. So now he jumped over to BitFunder, and he is talking smack against btct.co because he is mad at them for stopping his latest scam investment opportunity.

Reminds me of how Bakewell was getting tons of downvotes on BTCT and so they jumped over to BitFunder to try to erase some of the negative history.

Edit: To be fair, I have no reason to beleive that Usagi is using SILVER to scam people.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:07:11 PM

I wonder what will happen when he is approved on BTC-TC as he surely will be in due time, unless he withdraws the request. I guess this is a better question for Usagi's silver thread.

usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:29:43 PM

Please don't use those numbers up there ^ as they're very misleading for several companies. Many(most) companies haven't been around for 90 days as BTC-TC is still pretty young. Also many GLBSE refugee companies distributed balloon dividends upon being relisted at BTC-TC which also horribly skews those numbers. You're better off creating your own spreadsheet to track this information.

bASIC-MINING's current APY is 22.5003087% not sure how it was calculated above. Last daily dividend was 0.29415609BTC paid to 1446 shares which at .34/share equates to a daily yield of 0.0616447%.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArTS7AD--9SWdDNfb0lRNElqS1k1eGRoWEw2TGM4NlE#gid=0

Actually we kinda need one (or a few) analyst blogs specializing in finance.

Actually as an aside GLBSE was about to implement a newswire for it's securities, and this is one area where BitFunder is clearly ahead of the competition. It has a newswire. It is for reasons like this that I've chosen to list my securities exclusively on BitFunder.

[BTC-TC] SILVER FAQ:

usagi, are you mentally ill?

So Usagi tried to list his Silver company on BTCT.co, but the moderators are sick of his nonsense and voted against allowing it. So now he jumped over to BitFunder, and he is talking smack against btct.co because he is mad at them for stopping his latest scam.

Reminds me of how Bakewell was getting tons of downvotes on BTCT and so they jumped over to BitFunder to try to erase some of the negative history.

That's quite a spin, Peter. SILVER has 3 upvotes and 4 downvotes. Given enough time, a week or three, it's pretty obvious I would have been approved. However I decided to list on BitFunder instead. Both exchanges have their advantages. However, in this case I feel BitFunder was the better horse for several factors including security of the wallet and the newswire. Sure, BTC-TC has some advanced features as well. Perhaps in time burnside and Ukyo can work together on a shared system and the community would benefit from that. Perhaps not, it is just an idle thought.

Hmm. WRT your other comment. I didn't mention BTC-TC above so please don't put words in my mouth. I did not (and would never) talk smack about BTC-TC. I like burnside and I respect him.
MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 06:32:07 PM

I wonder what will happen when he is approved on BTC-TC as he surely will be in due time, unless he withdraws the request. I guess this is a better question for Usagi's silver thread.

There's only one thing that can happen, and we'll be reading all about it right here in due time.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:18:45 PM

So Usagi tried to list his Silver company on BTCT.co, but the moderators are sick of his nonsense and voted against allowing it. So now he jumped over to BitFunder, and he is talking smack against btct.co because he is mad at them for stopping his latest scam.

That's quite a spin, Peter. SILVER has 3 upvotes and 4 downvotes. Given enough time, a week or three, it's pretty obvious I would have been approved. However I decided to list on BitFunder instead. Both exchanges have their advantages. However, in this case I feel BitFunder was the better horse for several factors including security of the wallet and the newswire. Sure, BTC-TC has some advanced features as well. Perhaps in time burnside and Ukyo can work together on a shared system and the community would benefit from that. Perhaps not, it is just an idle thought.

Hmm. WRT your other comment. I didn't mention BTC-TC above so please don't put words in my mouth. I did not (and would never) talk smack about BTC-TC. I like burnside and I respect him.
[/quote]

I am not saying there is anything wrong with BitFunder, but it does seem strange that you came to this conclusion only after trying to list your asset on another exchange.

I guess it was in another thread where you said you had sold off your shares of LTC-Global or something like that.

burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 10:03:38 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2013, 12:32:11 AM by burnside

I do like the newswire, it's pretty handy!  I definitely need to consolidate all the notifications on a single page somewhere and do something similar.

Regarding the wallet security, can you elaborate?  I've gone to great lengths to secure things effectively, most recently by reducing the balances in the hot wallet and requiring manual withdrawal processing on large withdrawals.  The site now doesn't expose more than ~$1k to the internet in general, which should greatly reduce the probability of us being a target.  It's also low enough that I can easily afford to cover it if something goes wrong.  I just want to make sure there's not some outstanding issue I might be missing?

Thanks!

Peter Lambert

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 06:23:19 AM

I do like the newswire, it's pretty handy!  I definitely need to consolidate all the notifications on a single page somewhere and do something similar.

Regarding the wallet security, can you elaborate?  I've gone to great lengths to secure things effectively, most recently by reducing the balances in the hot wallet and requiring manual withdrawal processing on large withdrawals.  The site now doesn't expose more than ~$1k to the internet in general, which should greatly reduce the probability of us being a target.  It's also low enough that I can easily afford to cover it if something goes wrong.  I just want to make sure there's not some outstanding issue I might be missing?

Thanks!

I really like how btct sends me an email with every transaction, dividend, and notification from the assets which I own. (Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, BitFunder *cough*, when my order gets filled I should get a notification instead of not finding out about it until I log in several hours later, and only then if I check the transaction tab)

usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 06:37:55 AM

Thanks!

I really like how btct sends me an email with every transaction, dividend, and notification from the assets which I own. (Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, BitFunder *cough*, when my order gets filled I should get a notification instead of not finding out about it until I log in several hours later, and only then if I check the transaction tab)

What I really, really love about BTC-TC, and what makes me sad I couldn't list there right away, are the stats. I *love* stats. I love the analysis page on BTC-TC in "My Portfolio". A lot of investors like to get as much information as possible. I hope BitFunder can move in this direction too. Another thing I like is the PIN number system on BTC-TC. Very nice. It makes me feel more secure. One other thing BTC-TC could do though is copy BitFunder's "cancel" button right on the market view. In comparison BitFunder could add a "Fill" button like on BTC-TC's market view. But these are just usability concerns to save a few clicks here and there.

Getting back to the issue at hand, someone should create a bitcoin market stats site somewhere. What ever happened to stochastically.com? I'm talking, the bloomberg.com of bitcoin, you know what I mean? That would be cool. I'd donate to a project like that, if it was done right.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 08:57:45 AM

Thanks!

What I really, really love about BTC-TC, and what makes me sad I couldn't list there right away, are the stats. I *love* stats. I love the analysis page on BTC-TC in "My Portfolio". A lot of investors like to get as much information as possible. I hope BitFunder can move in this direction too. Another thing I like is the PIN number system on BTC-TC. Very nice. It makes me feel more secure. One other thing BTC-TC could do though is copy BitFunder's "cancel" button right on the market view. In comparison BitFunder could add a "Fill" button like on BTC-TC's market view. But these are just usability concerns to save a few clicks here and there.

Getting back to the issue at hand, someone should create a bitcoin market stats site somewhere. What ever happened to stochastically.com? I'm talking, the bloomberg.com of bitcoin, you know what I mean? That would be cool. I'd donate to a project like that, if it was done right.
The PIN number is actually practically useless.

Keylogger? Not going to help
Guessed password? If you were dumb enough to use an easily guessed password your pin number is probably too.
Trading on phones / tablets?  Tongue
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2013, 10:42:29 AM

I highly recommend using 2FA via Google Authenticator.  The PIN is mostly a placeholder for gAuth in all the interfaces, however, it's also protection against your email address being compromised because the PIN cannot be reset in any automated fashion, which means an attacker could probably reset the password and get into your account, but could not trade or withdraw.

Cheers.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 11:13:21 AM

I highly recommend using 2FA via Google Authenticator.  The PIN is mostly a placeholder for gAuth in all the interfaces, however, it's also protection against your email address being compromised because the PIN cannot be reset in any automated fashion, which means an attacker could probably reset the password and get into your account, but could not trade or withdraw.

Cheers.

Google Auth 2FA is pretty awesome - don't forget that you can and should enable it for your google account too.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 26, 2013, 05:02:42 PM

Before the GLBSE crash we used to have:

I introduce Stochastically.com, a resource for BTC denominated securities.

Current Functions:
Past 7 and 30 day dividend returns.
hyperlinks to GLBSE asset pages
scrollable and sortable dividend tables.

Future Plans:
1.  Add other exchanges as they become more accepted. For now only GLBSE is supported
2.  Allow access to exchange trade history by date and security.
3.  Have individual pages for each active security with information similar on Google Finance.

It was actually a pretty awesome place & I have been hoping that someone would revive the idea.

Yea it was fun making that site but I have been too busy to start up a new one.  I wanted to add charts to the site so after things settle down I can work on that.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
burnside
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 05:50:09 PM

What I really, really love about BTC-TC, and what makes me sad I couldn't list there right away, are the stats. I *love* stats. I love the analysis page on BTC-TC in "My Portfolio". A lot of investors like to get as much information as possible.

Full account history CSV downloads are available now.  They're on the main Account page.  Should help out quite a bit for those trying to do portfolio analysis in their spreadsheets.

Cheers.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 06:00:16 PM

A belated Christmas gift for us spreadsheet nerds! Thanks man!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: