Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:15:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: LISK price speculation  (Read 113756 times)
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:26:24 PM

what is the speculation price at the moment ?

About $3.70 on Yobit, which is much higher than the other two sites. https://yobit.net/en/trade/LISK/BTC/
There is a huge difference:

$0.88 on Bloombit
$1.21 on OpenLedger
$3.70 on Yobit

I would say it safe to assume Yobit does not give us much insight into the possible price; market maker(s) just having some fun on there.

I said "much higher" regarding the price. I wasn't trying to deceive.
Maybe instead of just looking at the price, what about perceived safety of trading there? That might be a part of things. I won't touch Bloombit and am unfamiliar with OpenLedger.
What about volume and how much of it is real (across the board.) We don't really know. I can't easily read the volume on Bloombit, but in general the volume doesn't seem huge anywhere.

Not saying the price is accurate, but we don't know what is really going on here. Is it market makers or people from the the actual ICO's?
I guess we will find out soon enough. There does seem to be a lot of Hype with LISK...
Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest you were trying to deceive.

You make some good points regarding trustability and there is certainly a lot of hype.

I'm sticking with my 'up to $0.50' prediction for now, but happy to be wrong.

If LISK is at .50, that would be a huge success. I can't imagine people are buying LISK on Yobit and not any on the other two exchanges as why not just hedge their bets?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 03:51:48 PM

I'm laughing at the people who would sell for $0.50

BTC on standby.  I expect FUD threads from early sellers as they attempt to vindicate their terrible decisions.

They will be left behind.  No tears for them.  Cool
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 04:42:26 PM

I have 1 btc in LISK. At the end of the ICO and adding the 10% bonus due that would have been 6,519.20....from that final figure.

They just gave the bonus. It is not 10% it is 7.3 %. I asked others it is more or less all getting 7% from end of ICO...amounts they were given.

So did they have some new money come in after the ICO ended or something. Seems fishy as hell.

Whatever only 1 BTC we will see. But I talked to guys with 15 BTC in Lisk an it was the same ratio (at the 10% bonus mark anyway)

so anyway price speculation wise...it is kinda like i'm off to the races with more then 1/4 of the 'bonus' going poof.... not the kinda news

you want tossed about before launch in 3 days imho.

later

10% of 5500 lisk (aprox value of 1 btc of lisk at ico price)

soooo 10% is 1k coins from 5500 lisk?

Interesting......

my original ICO amount after it closed is 6519.20 lisk WITH 10% bonus....so w/o the 10% supposed bonus it WAS 5867.28 Lisk

BUT the bonus paid out was 6,039 or about 7.36% for a 'bonus'

Again seems "fishy' we will see what 'launch' does in 3 days. But seems NOT to match the figures I was given by the site

as the amount of lisk I should have at the end of the ICO. ...so that was short from the amount x 10% ie 7.3% in reality bonus

and seems to 'correspond' with others ..this is not a 'fluke' with my account

again seems kinda 'off' to put it mildly

just tossing it out there.....I only have 1 BTC in this..so it is NOT such a big deal....but the 'silence about it is deafening" by the lisk team Smiley

That's because you're applying the bonus the wrong way. You need to apply it to the BTC, then divide it by the average Lisk ICo price:

1 BTC +10% bonus = 1.1 BTC

1.1 BTC * Exchange rate: 0.0001821238671 BTC/LISK = 6039.XXX LSK

The amount stated before was just an estimate.

https://blog.lisk.io/ico-bonuses-are-now-applied-to-your-exchanges-8b50e0adf9e5#.rjv2a71w7

https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-ico-statistics-ac36fbb94fe3#.wjdj7f2fs

Just using the figures they gave me at the ICO ending.....10% bonus SHOULD work either way if it is a 10% bonus on LISK I had at ICO ending amount in lisk

(just saying math is math)

But I will go with your facts that it was just an 'estimate' thou it was not presented that way 'at the time' and I DID ask ..was told was final figure.

again just wanted SOME kind of explanation.......will withhold judgement.....

people have already talked about it.  Almost everyone calculated it exactly like you did, including myself.  Everyone is satisfied with the answer provided by the lisk team.  That is the reason nobody is complaining. 
CryptoCoinWareHouse

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 05:17:23 PM

I have 1 btc in LISK. At the end of the ICO and adding the 10% bonus due that would have been 6,519.20....from that final figure.

They just gave the bonus. It is not 10% it is 7.3 %. I asked others it is more or less all getting 7% from end of ICO...amounts they were given.

So did they have some new money come in after the ICO ended or something. Seems fishy as hell.

Whatever only 1 BTC we will see. But I talked to guys with 15 BTC in Lisk an it was the same ratio (at the 10% bonus mark anyway)

so anyway price speculation wise...it is kinda like i'm off to the races with more then 1/4 of the 'bonus' going poof.... not the kinda news

later

Interesting......

my original ICO amount after it closed is 6519.20 lisk WITH 10% bonus....so w/o the 10% supposed bonus it WAS 5867.28 Lisk

Again seems "fishy' we will see what 'launch' does in 3 days. But seems NOT to match the figures I was given by the site

as the amount of lisk I should have at the end of the ICO. ...so that was short from the amount x 10% ie 7.3% in reality bonus

just tossing it out there.....I only have 1 BTC in this..so it is NOT such a big deal....but the 'silence about it is deafening" by the lisk team Smiley

That's because you're applying the bonus the wrong way. You need to apply it to the BTC, then divide it by the average Lisk ICo price:

https://blog.lisk.io/ico-bonuses-are-now-applied-to-your-exchanges-8b50e0adf9e5#.rjv2a71w7

Just using the figures they gave me at the ICO ending.....10% bonus SHOULD work either way if it is a 10% bonus on LISK I had at ICO ending amount in lisk

But I will go with your facts that it was just an 'estimate' thou it was not presented that way 'at the time' and I DID ask ..was told was final figure.

people have already talked about it.  Almost everyone calculated it exactly like you did, including myself.  Everyone is satisfied with the answer provided by the lisk team.  That is the reason nobody is complaining. 

How is it possible that list is over four dollars
mistercashking
Legendary

Activity: 1044
Merit: 1050

@MRCASHKING

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 07:50:55 PM

later

Interesting......

Because it's the best altcoin ever made.
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:55:09 PM

Price should dump after launch. Same marketcap like XCR is realistic. Don't get fooled by Yobit devs pumping their IOUs.

Why should anyone buy LISK above IPO price?

StealthCoin1

Activity: 498
Merit: 252

Life failures Stealthcoin, Ark coin and Safemoon

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:57:34 PM

Price should dump after launch. Same marketcap like XCR is realistic. Don't get fooled by Yobit devs pumping their IOUs.

Why should anyone buy LISK above IPO price?

follow your leader or else

Stealthcoin, Ark and Safemoon my life 3 investment failures while bashing Ethereum at 0.20cent. Bye bye
fagnersteve

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 07:59:40 PM

LISK 1000X ICO GO GO
CryptoCoinWareHouse

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:22:07 PM

When on the 24th time is it going to start trading AND are we going to be able to transfer it to exchange before trading
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025

View Profile
May 21, 2016, 08:38:11 PM

BTC on standby.  I expect FUD threads from early sellers as they attempt to vindicate their terrible decisions.

They will be left behind.  No tears for them.  Cool

Oh yes, there is no way price will go under $1 , it is just a question what dollar increment if we are talking $2 or $5
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 09:06:50 PM

what is the speculation price at the moment ?

About $3.70 on Yobit, which is much higher than the other two sites. https://yobit.net/en/trade/LISK/BTC/

Wowie...Bloombit's very-thin-orderbook price is up too: someone ate through almost all the extant sell orders. As I write, there's only one sell order at 0.01 for only 0.3 IOU-Lisk. Other than that teeny order, the sellbook is empty.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2016, 09:41:44 PM

BTC on standby.  I expect FUD threads from early sellers as they attempt to vindicate their terrible decisions.

Oh yes, there is no way price will go under $1 , it is just a question what dollar increment if we are talking $2 or $5
Initial reception is hard to predict, especially on low liquidity. My guess is a few exchanges will list Lisk right off the bat. It will either plunge or skyrocket there. However, as established exchanges like Poloniex start adding it, it will become more stable.
cannabanana

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 02:38:38 AM

later

Interesting......

Because it's the best altcoin ever made.

no doubt about that
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 05:52:23 AM

Initial reception is hard to predict, especially on low liquidity. My guess is a few exchanges will list Lisk right off the bat. It will either plunge or skyrocket there. However, as established exchanges like Poloniex start adding it, it will become more stable.

Well I THOUGHT that because you could BUY in the LISK ICO with Shapeshift that they would have it from the get go. Perhaps I assumed wrong Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 09:11:49 AM

Well I THOUGHT that because you could BUY in the LISK ICO with Shapeshift that they would have it from the get go. Perhaps I assumed wrong Sad

Nope that isn't true. The reason they had Shapeshift in the ICO was to allow to buy LISK with other cryptocurrencies instead of Bitcoin. Since the ICO coins are just IOUs and not real tokens, they don't need to be on any exchange. Once the 'real' coin gets released, they need to be listed on an exchange, and shapeshift won't work without the largest exchanges either.
Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 01:28:58 PM

BTC on standby.

I know what you mean. I actually stuck my neck out and bought 500 Bloombit IOU-Lisk for ~0.86BTC. Holdin 'em 'til launch!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Nxtblg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 01:32:15 PM

If the clime is right, Lisk will skyrocket after it's listed on Polo. I saw exactly that when Synero & one other was listed there.

But as for what'll happen on launch, I don't know either. I hope it'll jump up, but that's an iffy hope. How many ICO buyers are HODLers? How many of them are going to dump so as to get on board the Waves train before it shuts its doors on May 1? Who knows...

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:32:26 PM

Hi folks,

i am selling some of my LISK.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1481209.0

Contact me if interested!

Cheers

ImI
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2016, 03:35:04 PM

Hi folks,

i am selling some of my LISK.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1481209.0

Contact me if interested!

Cheers

ImI
All those predicting $2-$5 ranges per LISK should buy some  Smiley
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 04:16:26 PM

I think it's is interesting to read the summary of the yesterday meeting :

- https://blog.lisk.io/lisk-community-meeting-summary-649874444faa#.qp7a92bbz

this part :

Question by fanyanjun: Which exchange can buy?
Question by arnaud1: Is there some news about OKcoin, or poloniex?

Max: I can’t make any statements regarding exchanges. Unfortunately, today you won’t get any information about that. Please wait for launch and the exchanges announcements.

Question by lux-1: Will you get to the poloniex soon?

Max: Due to my NDAs I can’t talk about exchanges.

other interesting questions in the summary.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: