Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:33:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHICH BITCOIN WALLET IS THE MOST GOOD AND CONVINENCY  (Read 12710 times)
zerowing

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:12:01 PM

Bitcoin Core, Multibit, Electrum, Hive, Armory, Blockchain Wallet, Coinbase, Coinkite, BitAddress Paper Wallet and Pi-Wallet.
Of the all the wallets, I like Electrum  the most.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zencomp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:32:40 PM

If you want to go with online web wallet , i prefer coinbase or xapo but coinbase is much better as its fast to withdraw and deposit, if you want to go for desktop wallet then Electrum is good as i have used only this desktop wallet and i am happy.

salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:04:24 AM

You can use blockchain.info online wallet

I dont think thats too secure.
you should use XAPO or coinbase. Both are much better.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:17:12 AM

You can use blockchain.info online wallet

I dont think thats too secure.
you should use XAPO or coinbase. Both are much better.

actually I prefer blockchain.info over XAPO and Coinbace because you don't have to obey the B.S. rules of XAPO and Coinbase and also when using BC.I you have access to your own private keys so if you someday couldn't load the site you will still have your bitcoins which is not true about those other two.

but they are all online wallets (web wallet) which you should keep small amounts, for any serious amount of bitcoin you should use an offline wallet as cold storage.
for this I use Electrum on an offline Ubuntu (Linux) to store my bitcoin.

Only Bitcoin
udet4food

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 11:13:18 AM

I keep all my coins in electrum, since it's pretty secure and I have full control of my private keys unlike web wallets like coinbase and xapo.
Another good thing about electrum is that you don't have to download the whole blockchain, thus you save heaps of storage space.
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:29:02 PM

but they are all online wallets (web wallet) which you should keep small amounts, for any serious amount of bitcoin you should use an offline wallet as cold storage.
for this I use Electrum on an offline Ubuntu (Linux) to store my bitcoin.

As long as you now how to secure your wallet properly and avoid the reusing the old address for transaction then there should be no issue with using online wallet at all as long as you posses the private key of the wallet. There are alot of disadvantage of using cold wallet, you cant use it for daily transaction at all
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:56:21 PM

Hi Legendary Member, Hero Member, Senior Member, Full Member etc. Could pls tell the most secure and also convinent to use btc wallet. thanks
Electrum and multibit are the best one among the desktop wallets It is really smooth in transactions and you can save more wallets in one Electrum wallet or multibit.
It can work in very less internet connection as well.
Mathis

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:59:42 PM

Could pls tell the most secure and also convinent to use btc wallet. thanks
Don't use web wallet if you want only secure, but if you want to easy to use it every where use it(that the web wallet).
hulla (OP)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 06:26:24 PM

Don't use web wallet if you want only secure, but if you want to easy to use it every where use it(that the web wallet).

If i want to secure... what should i use if dont want to use the wallet?

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 07:39:38 PM

Almost all the bitcoin wallets are same and good enough for my use. We must concentrate with encryption and managing cold storage for the safety of our bitcoins regardless of wallet type.
Convenience is nothing but our experience, you will find any wallet more convenient over time.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 08:20:57 PM

Almost all the bitcoin wallets are same and good enough for my use. We must concentrate with encryption and managing cold storage for the safety of our bitcoins regardless of wallet type.
Convenience is nothing but our experience, you will find any wallet more convenient over time.

Don't know if I would agree.  If you use a paper wallet right.... it is never convenient but is very secure.  I just don't see a cold paper wallet as being described as convenient.

I think hardware wallets are most convenient remaining secure.  They really are great I still use a few different ones.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:56:04 AM

Check the paper or coldstorage to keep it safe. If you keep it their your bitcoin will be safe and if you open it after 50 years also that make the price also high.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:28:04 AM

Check the paper or coldstorage to keep it safe. If you keep it their your bitcoin will be safe and if you open it after 50 years also that make the price also high.

The great thing is if you have a smart phone there are apps to look up BTC address and holdings.  I use a app on my phone to monitor some of my BTC address's and have 0 access to them from phone.  So is great can monitor without worrying about security as I don't keep private key or anything like that on phone.

I have a hot wallet with a little but don't keep much  in hot wallets as I really support paper and hardware wallets.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:30:41 PM

The great thing is if you have a smart phone there are apps to look up BTC address and holdings.  I use a app on my phone to monitor some of my BTC address's and have 0 access to them from phone.  So is great can monitor without worrying about security as I don't keep private key or anything like that on phone.

I have a hot wallet with a little but don't keep much  in hot wallets as I really support paper and hardware wallets.
I use a hot wallet on blockchain.info because I can easily access the funds on my phone and when I need to, I can withdraw and use them on the occasional HYiP. My cold wallet is a paper wallet though, and I hold about 40$ of btc on there. I once had 100$ on my hot wallet but of course blockchain could "shut down" on us at anytime. So you need to be prepared for anything. That's why I have hot and cold, for when the storm strikes. Cheesy
I also have 4 other cold wallets with 10$ each incase my cold gets ripped up by my brother (happened once but had private key) or just if it gets stolen in general.
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:28:05 PM

I use a hot wallet on blockchain.info because I can easily access the funds on my phone

Blockchain.info is without a doubt the worst online wallet so far and there are many cases that user's bitcoin got hacked and the support wont do anything to help you. There are alot more options incase you wish to use online wallet like that, xapo is a good option for that although I wouldnt really call that as an online wallet however still much better than using blockchain
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:34:23 PM

I use a hot wallet on blockchain.info because I can easily access the funds on my phone and when I need to, I can withdraw and use them on the occasional HYiP. My cold wallet is a paper wallet though, and I hold about 40$ of btc on there. I once had 100$ on my hot wallet but of course blockchain could "shut down" on us at anytime. So you need to be prepared for anything. That's why I have hot and cold, for when the storm strikes. Cheesy
I also have 4 other cold wallets with 10$ each incase my cold gets ripped up by my brother (happened once but had private key) or just if it gets stolen in general.

And hot wallets have a place, I realize blockchain.info is most popular on hot web wallets.  There is a need for them and a good use.  Just keep it to a small amount and make sure to use 2nd facor.

I really like Yubikey with blockchain.info - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1353231.0  This is a secure and easy way to add second factor that is very strong and still have a hot wallet easy to access.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 06:16:00 PM

I have seen most users suggesting blockchain wallet. It is really good with easy methods of accessing. Blockchain has got a very transparent transaction process than other wallets.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:04:11 PM

I have seen most users suggesting blockchain wallet. It is really good with easy methods of accessing. Blockchain has got a very transparent transaction process than other wallets.
You can never trust any wallet provider though, so always either have a copy of the full wallet or have electrum if you don't use mining payments. Otherwise yes, blockchain is a great website and i've only had a few problems with it. I'd give them an 8/10 for good performance, but they are still far from perfect.
Rude Boy

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 02:32:24 AM

Most convenient wallet is depends on you. For me most convenient wallet is my mobile wallet (mycelium, for very frequent transactions), multibit HD & electrum (desktop wallets, as cold storage) and coinbase (web wallet for emergency purpose, when I don't have my mobile or my PC).
hulla (OP)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 07:07:14 AM

Most convenient wallet is depends on you. For me most convenient wallet is my mobile wallet (mycelium, for very frequent transactions), multibit HD & electrum (desktop wallets, as cold storage) and coinbase (web wallet for emergency purpose, when I don't have my mobile or my PC).

Aight. Thx

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀