Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:29:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389087 times)
philakone

Activity: 266
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:10:12 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2016, 11:35:49 PM by philakone

Read this before asking questions that have been answered on every page for the past 50 pages.

There's no related payment or WAVES yet in my account? What's going on? I have over XX confirmations!

Yes, it's confirmed there's an issue and delays with depositing WAVES and showing related payments.  I was most likely the top 10 first purchasers and had 74 confirmations until I saw my balance. I purchased within 2 seconds of ICO opening and received it just NOW. Therefore it 11 took hours to receive it and you will too eventually.

If we do NOT get our waves DEPOSITED within the 20% bonus period, will we still be credited the 20% bonus when it is deposited since we DID purchase within the bonus period time frame?

It seems like the bonus 20% will be applied to when the confirmation happened. It wouldn't be fair in any way to not credit people who in fact did purchase within the acceptable time line. It is 100% your paranoia speaking. Rest assured, this is a very experienced team and not crediting people who've bought during the 20% bonus period would be absurdly unfair and cause outrage.

How do I know my 20% bonus was applied?

You don't know. Just like how you don't know if a mining pool is paying out fairly or if an exchange isn't ripping you off. To be logical, this is a very public ICO with a good reputation and solid foundation. I would trust the system like how anyone would trust a mining pool. If you approach WAVES (or any ICO) with skeptism, it's good for you to do your own research. This is no different than investing in any other coin on an exchange. It is ultimately up to YOU to convince yourself this is a good and fair investment. No one else can do that. Remember, with the possibility of REWARD, there must be risk.

Does depositing from an exchange or wallet address matter?

Depositing from POLO, any exchange, or your personal wallet HAS NO AFFECT on WHEN you receive your coin. It has never mattered before for depositing (except from mining pools to deposit directly to exchange is a no no on some sites). If it DID matter, I'm 100% sure the developers would specify such a simple instruction in their WAVES ICO page. This assumption is correct right? Smiley Don't assume things you don't know.

How much WAVES will I get with 1 BTC or how much is a WAVE right now?

No one knows the EXACT answer. There are set X amounts of WAVES available during this ICO and all the WAVES are distributed PROPORTIONALLY to how much you bought. For example, if there are 1000 waves and 2000 people all pay equally (regardless of the amount), we will all get 0.5 waves each. I hope that makes sense by using a very basic example.

During this exact time at 6:14 PM CENTRAL TIME Canada, my WAVES came through.

I paid 2 BTC and received about 49,000 WAVES. Therefore at this current time, there ratio per $1 spent is about $1 per 57 WAVES or 1 BTC / 24,500 WAVES. WAVES will slowly decrease as more people spend BTC because the amount you keep is directly proportional to how many BTC overall everyone spent.

Does logging in and out work?

Logging out for 15 minutes then back in, and it if works, is purely coincidental.  There's no control over anything.

I can't get email confirmation. What can I do?

The email issue is also related to ongoing issues. Browser cache or browsers or email providers have little to do with receiving confirmation email. That's just superstition speaking.

This seems VERY unfair that things aren't going smoothly? Anything I can do on my part? Why aren't the developers reassuring us?

It's very optimistic to expect no issues on a major opening like today. Though it's 100% entirely expected to have complications. We should all be glad it's actually going this smooth. Keep in mind the volume here. This is no joke! Having an understanding of issues being very likely during an ICO can help you relieve this frustrating. There's not anything anyone can do on their part to expedite this process, but what you can do is trust the developers and know that they're working their best to fix all issues. They're not responding because their priority is to get YOU your WAVES. Every second and minute counts. We're all here because we want to be a huge part of WAVES. Keep up this hype and be realistic, rather than optimistic. Understand issues happen. Keep supporting WAVES and know everything will be ok.

If this information helped anyone, I'd appreciate the trust feedback. Keep quoting this post if it answered your question so people don't have to redundantly ask the same ones over and over. Also, I host the "how to mine" thread at the ethereum forum, where I wrote a detailed guide with Q&A there. So if you have ethereum issues, please seek me out:
https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/5592/how-to-mine-get-started-fast-and-easy-for-windows-7-detailed-guide/p1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danielj314

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:13:34 PM

Just a quick update to give hope to those who may be despairing that their deposit will never arrive. After more than 8 hours, my btc deposit appeared on my dashboard with the appropriate number of waves. That is a big relief. I was really beginning to wonder. It has given me enough assurance to deposit more which had been my original intention. So if you're waiting and despairing maybe my story can give you a little hope and encouragement that all may yet be well with you too.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   STORM TOKEN    A decentralized micro-job marketplace    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Blog*
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     TOKEN GENERATION EVENT | Coming Soon    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
zaph3t

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

SynqCrypto Team

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 11:17:43 PM

Read this before asking questions that have been answered on every page for the past 50 pages.

There's no related payment or WAVES yet in my account? What's going on? I have over XX confirmations!

Yes, it's confirmed there's an issue and delays with depositing WAVES and showing related payments.  I was most likely the top 10 first purchasers and had 74 confirmations until I saw my balance. I purchased within 2 seconds of ICO opening and received it just NOW. Therefore it 11 took hours to receive it and you will too eventually.

If we do NOT get our waves DEPOSITED within the 20% bonus period, will we still be credited the 20% bonus when it is deposited since we DID purchase within the bonus period time frame?

It seems like the bonus 20% will be applied to when the confirmation happened. It wouldn't be fair in any way to not credit people who in fact did purchase within the acceptable time line. It is 100% your paranoia speaking. Rest assured, this is a very experienced team and not crediting people who've bought during the 20% bonus period would be absurdly unfair and cause outrage.

You don't know. Just like how you don't know if a mining pool is paying out fairly or if an exchange isn't ripping you off. To be logical, this is a very public ICO with a good reputation and solid foundation. I would trust the system like how anyone would trust a mining pool. If you approach WAVES (or any ICO) with skeptism, it's good for you to do your own research. This is no different than investing in any other coin on an exchange. It is ultimately up to YOU to convince yourself this is a good and fair investment. No one else can do that. Remember, with the possibility of REWARD, there must be risk.

Depositing from POLO, any exchange, or your personal wallet HAS NO AFFECT on WHEN you receive your coin. It has never mattered before for depositing (except from mining pools to deposit directly to exchange is a no no on some sites). If it DID matter, I'm 100% sure the developers would specify such a simple instruction in their WAVES ICO page. This assumption is correct right? Smiley Don't assume things you don't know.

No one knows the EXACT answer. There are set X amounts of WAVES available during this ICO and all the WAVES are distributed PROPORTIONALLY to how much you bought. For example, if there are 1000 waves and 2000 people all pay equally (regardless of the amount), we will all get 0.5 waves each. I hope that makes sense by using a very basic example.

Logging out for 15 minutes then back in, and it if works, is purely coincidental.  There's no control over anything.

The email issue is also related to ongoing issues. Browser cache or browsers or email providers have little to do with receiving confirmation email. That's just superstition speaking.

If this information helped anyone, I'd appreciate the trust feedback. Keep quoting this post if it answered your question so people don't have to redundantly ask the same ones over and over.

Wow! WAVES Team should hire you as a Community manager. i will sure hire with any project to handle all those repeated questions.

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2016, 11:19:09 PM

Escrow Update

For safekeeping of the funds Waves is using Coinbase Vault with 2of3 multisignature solution. The raised funds will be sent every 15 minutes with a script to the following BTC address. This should happen pretty soon. The majority of funds (3470 BTC out of 3500 BTC that were raised) are already on the deposit address of the vault.

You can check the amount of escrowed funds in real time here: https://blockexplorer.com/address/3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA

If you have questions regarding the escrow process please PM me, as I can't follow this whole thread (its super fast!).

thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:20:42 PM

Read this before asking questions that have been answered on every page for the past 20 pages.

You don't know. Just like how you don't know if a mining pool is paying out fairly or if an exchange isn't ripping you off. To be logical, this is a very public ICO with a good reputation and solid foundation. I would trust the system like how anyone would trust a mining pool. If you approach WAVES (or any ICO) with skeptism, it's good for you to do your own research. This is no different than investing in any other coin on an exchange. It is ultimately up to YOU to convince yourself this is a good and fair investment. No one else can do that.

If this information helped anyone, I'd appreciate the trust feedback. Keep quoting this post if it answered your question so people don't have to redundantly ask the same ones over and over.

Good job, lets just post this every 5 seconds for the plebs that arent capable of reading back a few pages... dead set if this is the level of intelligence of the average waves holder I cant wait for your coins to become my coins Grin

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
Sam123

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:23:42 PM

philakone,
Good Job
sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:24:30 PM

I expect this has been asked before, but the OP is quite confusing.

It says that the 20% bonus applies to those "who buy WAVES tokens on April,12", but the timing is given in UTC and EST, so is it April 12 UTC or April 12 EST?

Basically, how much longer have I got before I miss the bonus?

mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:25:48 PM

Wow! WAVES Team should hire you as a Community manager. i will sure hire with any project to handle all those repeated questions.

We are there all the time, just busy with fixing things.

philakone

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:25:56 PM

Nice explanation from "philakone", but I am curious why there is still no statement from the official devs?
Are they hiding already?  Cheesy Cheesy

This seems VERY unfair that things aren't going smoothly? Anything I can do on my part? Why aren't the developers reassuring us?

It's very optimistic to expect no issues on a major opening like today. Though it's 100% entirely expected to have complications. We should all be glad it's actually going this smooth. Keep in mind the volume here. This is no joke! Having an understanding of issues being very likely during an ICO can help you relieve this frustrating. There's not anything anyone can do on their part to expedite this process, but what you can do is trust the developers and know that they're working their base to fix all issues. They're not responding because their priority is to get YOU your WAVES. Every second and minute counts. We're all here because we want to be a huge part of WAVES. Keep up this hype and be realistic, rather than optimistic. Understand issues happen. Keep supporting WAVES and know everything will be ok.
bitbite111

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:26:35 PM

It says that the 20% bonus applies to those "who buy WAVES tokens on April,12", but the timing is given in UTC and EST, so is it April 12 UTC or April 12 EST?

20% bonus time is over.
philakone

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:27:59 PM

20% bonus time is over.

No sir, the bonus time is applied for 24 hours.  Which is 7am central time for me in canada. It'll also be extended informally, though we don't know for how long yet.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:31:48 PM

20% bonus time is over.

12 hours and 30 minutes more for 20% bonus. If there are still tech issues by then we will prolong the period for the 20% bonus.

Public address of ICO funds https://blockexplorer.com/address/3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA

godda04

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:31:56 PM

Recieved my waves, took about 8 hours but they arrived safe and sound : )
kliown

Activity: 1080

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:32:47 PM

minimum deposit for ico ?
philakone

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:34:20 PM

None sir. Though you get a 20% bonus just today. So if you do plan to invest, take that into account.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:34:30 PM

No minimum.

sussex

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:34:36 PM

20% bonus time is over.

12 hours and 30 minutes more for 20% bonus. If there are still tech issues by then we will prolong the period for the 20% bonus.

Public address of ICO funds https://blockexplorer.com/address/3DWBSSAue32YS8PcW2gLs6m52BCCv3UgDA

I was just about to bug-out of this ICO, but your reply has given me the confidence to put a little in.

Good luck all!
bitbite111

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:37:52 PM

20% bonus time is over.

I really hope the 20% bonus period is not extended because it would dilute everyone who bought in today.
bjarkespades
Copper Member

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:38:22 PM

I was on the mailing list, and now i wrote my address so i can make my deposit, and i havent get the email with my password..

Also, where can i download the wallet or how do you guys know when you get credited?
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 11:38:51 PM

20% bonus time is over.

I really hope the 20% bonus period is not extended because it would dilute everyone who bought in today.

Many things are fixed already, we think it won`t be necessary.

Pages: « 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: