Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389106 times)
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:48:45 PM

Waves testnet block explorer http://testnet.wavesexplorer.com.s3-website.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/

EasyTrade

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:49:16 PM

I saw some posts and read that Waves are like Ripple service, which has some support from banking industry, right?

So, how is Wave going to be any different than Ripple?  I understand it will use token technology to trade currencies and possibly other securities,  btc, or altcoins?

How is it any better than Ripple?  Does it bring anything new or innovation to table?

https://blog.wavesplatform.com/faq-7664c1d1b1bf#.6rkqyh1it

https://blog.wavesplatform.com/latest

Yes, I read those but still it does not really answer the advantage of using tokens, other than some generic assertion that its better.

So its better how?  It still seems to me that Wave is still facing same problem as Nxt or XRP or any others.  There isn't seems to be compelling advantage that will pave for mass adaption.

One of the advantages, from what I understand, is that we would be able to trade any currency, peer to peer, rather than relying on an exchange. With MT Gox, Cryptsy, and others, we know the disadvantage of going through an exchange the "seems" trustworthy.

Yes, quite right.  Wave will have its own block chain.  However, I don't believe it will be peer to peer in a sense that I will have wave wallet that will tokenize asset for me.  It will be rather a "service" that issues or redeems token for fiat currencies on one end and other "services" that tokenize perhaps my btc enabling a completion of token to token trade.  So entry point for common users will be through some type of portal be it btc service or fiat service that will issue and back the token for corresponding asset.  Its my assertion that this will be sort of eco sphere and what wave is trying to create.  IDK, do I have this wrong?

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 07:58:28 PM

I saw some posts and read that Waves are like Ripple service, which has some support from banking industry, right?

So, how is Wave going to be any different than Ripple?  I understand it will use token technology to trade currencies and possibly other securities,  btc, or altcoins?

How is it any better than Ripple?  Does it bring anything new or innovation to table?

Yes, I read those but still it does not really answer the advantage of using tokens, other than some generic assertion that its better.

So its better how?  It still seems to me that Wave is still facing same problem as Nxt or XRP or any others.  There isn't seems to be compelling advantage that will pave for mass adaption.

One of the advantages, from what I understand, is that we would be able to trade any currency, peer to peer, rather than relying on an exchange. With MT Gox, Cryptsy, and others, we know the disadvantage of going through an exchange the "seems" trustworthy.

Yes, quite right.  Wave will have its own block chain.  However, I don't believe it will be peer to peer in a sense that I will have wave wallet that will tokenize asset for me.  It will be rather a "service" that issues or redeems fiat currencies on one end and other "services" that tokenize perhaps my btc enabling a completion of token to token trade.  So entry point for common users will be through some type of portal be it btc service or fiat service that will issue and back the token for corresponding asset.  Its my assertion that this will be sort of eco sphere and what wave is trying to create.  IDK, do I have this wrong?

Waves will be a platform with emphasis on custom token creation, transfer and decentralized trading, with deep fiat integration and focus on community-backed projects.

Waves token is not just for trading. Waves token will be the fuel of the whole platform and all operations happening there. When you will be trading with other crypto currencies or fiat which will be represented there as tokens, Waves token will be used, when you are transferring assets, Waves token is used, when you are withdrawing asset in form of currency to your wallet, Waves token is used. When someone is issuing the asset Waves token is used. When all other projects will be using Waves platform, the same Waves token will be used for all their operations. Other currencies will be just supported on the platform.

You will have all these functions in your wallet. We will be working with payment providers, which are to be integrated at start.

prettybuds

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:02:20 PM

Waves will be a platform with emphasis on custom token creation, transfer and decentralized trading, with deep fiat integration and focus on community-backed projects.

Waves token is not just for trading. Waves token will be the fuel of the whole platform and all operations happening there. When you will be trading with other crypto currencies or fiat which will be represented there as tokens, Waves token will be used, when you are transferring assets, Waves token is used, when you are withdrawing asset in form of currency to your wallet, Waves token is used. When someone is issuing the asset Waves token is used. When all other projects will be using Waves platform, the same Waves token will be used for all their operations. Other currencies will be just supported on the platform.

You will have all these functions in your wallet. We will be working with payment providers, which are to be integrated at start.

Thank you for your valuable work. I'm excited and I want to get my hands on the software.
jahras

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:06:38 PM

Can any names be given of those you are working with?
EasyTrade

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:17:05 PM

So its better how?  It still seems to me that Wave is still facing same problem as Nxt or XRP or any others.  There isn't seems to be compelling advantage that will pave for mass adaption.

Yes, quite right.  Wave will have its own block chain.  However, I don't believe it will be peer to peer in a sense that I will have wave wallet that will tokenize asset for me.  It will be rather a "service" that issues or redeems fiat currencies on one end and other "services" that tokenize perhaps my btc enabling a completion of token to token trade.  So entry point for common users will be through some type of portal be it btc service or fiat service that will issue and back the token for corresponding asset.  Its my assertion that this will be sort of eco sphere and what wave is trying to create.  IDK, do I have this wrong?

Thanks for reply. 

So each wave wallet will have tokenization function built into it? 

i.e.   I want to exchange btc for us currency. 

I send my btc from btc wallet or poloniex wallet to my WAVE wallet. 

Create btc token from my WAVE wallet. 

Trade it for FIAT token.

Send token to local redeeming service.  Pick up cash.

And if I wish to purchase btc, reverse will occur.

Is this correct?

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:20:54 PM

Thanks for reply. 

Trade it for FIAT token.

Is this correct?

Yes

00lakhwinder00

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:24:26 PM

Hoping some fast paced ico this coming week.  Cool

EasyTrade

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:31:32 PM

Yes
[/quote]

Thats great.  This brings me 10 other new questions but perhaps for some other time. Cheesy

Thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding of platform and functions.  I feel better about my 2 btc investment in Wave. 

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:38:48 PM

Waves testnet block explorer and instructions:

https://twitter.com/coremedia_info/status/721799772106014720

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:41:57 PM

Yes

Thats great.  This brings me 10 other new questions but perhaps for some other time. Cheesy

Thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding of platform and functions.  I feel better about my 2 btc investment in Wave.  

Thank you for asking valuable questions Smiley

KarlKarlsson_

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:46:50 PM

Yes

Thats great.  This brings me 10 other new questions but perhaps for some other time. Cheesy

Thanks for clarifying my misunderstanding of platform and functions.  I feel better about my 2 btc investment in Wave. 
[/quote]
Feel free to join our slack, lots of people there who are happy to answer your questions  Smiley

http://wavesplatform-slack.herokuapp.com/
revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:47:29 PM

Thanks for reply. 

Trade it for FIAT token.

Is this correct?

Yes

something like bitshares and openledger?
KarlKarlsson_

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:47:52 PM

Can any names be given of those you are working with?
Not yet, Sasha is still in talks. You'll read about it in time  Smiley
KarlKarlsson_

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 08:51:11 PM

How seriously is WAVES taking privacy? Without privacy, there is no freedom.   A good strategy towards the principles of freedom and liberty embracing privacy ought to be kept in mind while developing the Waves next generation platform.
WAVES won't concentrate on anonymity as a core feature. It's more about financial privacy meaning order books can be anon and similar.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:01:04 PM

Thanks for reply. 

Trade it for FIAT token.

Is this correct?

Yes

Q: What is the diference betwen Waves and Bitshares/OpenLedger?
A: OpenLedger is based on the BitShares’s “market peg” idea. BitShares differs from WAVES in two fundamental ways. First, its consensus algorithm is DPoS, meaning that only a given number of “delegates” have the power to validate blockchain transactions, as opposed to the PoS consensus where each full node is accredited for validation. This means that the WAVES platform supports full decentralization whereas BitShares team is not taking a step out of their “delegated” version. The second difference is the feasibility of the “market peg” approach. This is of course open to discussion, but one may objectively evaluate the success of that approach by looking at the history of their most praised market pegged crypto-asset, namely, BitUSD. I doubt if any big corporation in the future will ever decide to rely on the idea “if everyone thinks something is worth 1 USD, then that thing is forced to be worth 1 USD.”

Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:10:52 PM

Reading more on Waves if everything works as mentioned it might just be the next one to hit a billion marketcap.
revelacaogr
Legendary

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:18:41 PM

Thanks for reply. 

Trade it for FIAT token.

Is this correct?

Yes

Q: What is the diference betwen Waves and Bitshares/OpenLedger?
A: OpenLedger is based on the BitShares’s “market peg” idea. BitShares differs from WAVES in two fundamental ways. First, its consensus algorithm is DPoS, meaning that only a given number of “delegates” have the power to validate blockchain transactions, as opposed to the PoS consensus where each full node is accredited for validation. This means that the WAVES platform supports full decentralization whereas BitShares team is not taking a step out of their “delegated” version. The second difference is the feasibility of the “market peg” approach. This is of course open to discussion, but one may objectively evaluate the success of that approach by looking at the history of their most praised market pegged crypto-asset, namely, BitUSD. I doubt if any big corporation in the future will ever decide to rely on the idea “if everyone thinks something is worth 1 USD, then that thing is forced to be worth 1 USD.”

thanks for clarification! ((ok...they have also bitBTC-bitCNY e.t.c...but this is another discussion ))
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:22:59 PM

thanks for clarification! ((ok...they have also bitBTC-bitCNY e.t.c...but this is another discussion ))

Yes, for your information, Q&A is built from whole crypto community questions and answers also.

revelacaogr
Legendary

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 09:29:02 PM

Yes, for your information, Q&A is built from whole crypto community questions and answers also.

What is the diference betwen Waves and Bitshares/OpenLedger?

to tell u the truth i readed this before some time in  the Q&A section but i forgot it...
thks again
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: