Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389091 times)
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:59:24 PM

i believe in wave more than eth
look at the prices of eth right now and 1 month ago
many lost btc in eth

The price of anything will go up and down.  That's why it's best to sell some and take profits when it's high and then buy back when it falls.  I have no doubt that Ether will eventually rise again but right now there is a domino effect that means that people start panic selling when the price falls.  Whilst I have great confidence in Waves it would be a mistake to assume that it will be a pure upward trend in value.

you think there will be a huge dump at launch like other coins? holding waves would be the better option as waves has massive potential

If the initial trading prices are higher that whatever the purchase prices from the ICO, it's probably plausible that people will start cashing out, driving the price down. But if Waves delivers a strong platform then the value for every token is likely to go up.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:15:41 PM

Smart people sell some of their holdings early on after an ICO finishes as a means of hedging their bets.  That way if the price continues to rise they still hold a decent amount of the coin/currency and if the price falls they can keep some of their BTC and use it to reinvest in another coin or if they truly believe in the coin they can buy back at a lower price thereby increasing their holdings.  Even if you 100% believe in a coin it makes sense to do this in order to protect yourself.  No matter how strong a business model a coin has it will inevitably rise and fall - so why not take advantage of that?
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:30:40 PM

So i just checked and it seems Ethereum raised 31,529 BTC (according to Wikipedia) - so Waves has some way to go to match that.
Thereisnospoon

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:28:17 PM

So i just checked and it seems Ethereum raised 31,529 BTC (according to Wikipedia) - so Waves has some way to go to match that.

It would be magic if Waves rises 10,000.The more the better anyway, there is still plenty of time.

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
    ██▀▀▀▀▄██ ▄▀ ▀▄ ██▄▀▀▀▀██
   ██ █  █▀ ▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄ ▀█  █ ██
  ██   ██ ▄█▀█     █▀█▄ ██   ██
  ██ ▄▄███▀   █   █   ▀███▄▄ ██
 ██▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▄█▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▀▀█▄██
 ██▀  █ ▄██▄   ▄█▄   ▄██▄ █  ▀██
██▄▄▄ ██   █ ▄█▀█▀█▄ █   ██ ▄▄▄██
██   ███▄▄▄██▀  █  ▀██ ▄▄███   ██
██ ▄█▀█   ██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄██   █▀█▄ ██
███▀  █ ▄█▀█   ▄█▄   █▀█▄ █  ▀███
 ▀██▄▄██▀   █ ▄▀ ▀▄ █   ▀██▄▄██▀
    ▀███▄▄  █▄█   █▄█  ▄▄███▀
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

Thereisnospoon

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:42:13 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2016, 09:26:33 PM by Thereisnospoon

If you read the tread a little you would have known that Gagarin is between jobs and that he will be revealed when he's at the Waves team officially.

Thanks. Smiley

I didn't want to read 279 pages and certainly not the people that want to invest will. I got an ad on facebook about waves ico and this looks super bad. Better write nothing than utter bs.

President Petrov

Take it easy Smiley it's a kind of easter-egg, has been explained several times.
once again:
- ICO started on April, 12th (the date Gagarin flew into space)
- We have a back-end developer named Yuri who has some obligations to his current employer, will quit his job in a month, meanwhile he wouldn't like to have any issues. He's sitting in front of me right now by the way.
- I thought that it'd be cool to present him as Yuri Gagarin, since I want to keep WAVES space-themed in general (waves->gravitational waves -> space)
- When he quits his job we'll deanon him. But I think we'll have Yuri Gagarin on the team anyways Smiley

i thought Gagarin died in a plane crash?
Yes ,he did during the test flight (official version) but Wives brought him back Grin

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

danielj314

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:50:15 PM

If you read the tread a little you would have known that Gagarin is between jobs and that he will be revealed when he's at the Waves team officially.

Thanks. Smiley

I didn't want to read 279 pages and certainly not the people that want to invest will. I got an ad on facebook about waves ico and this looks super bad. Better write nothing than utter bs.

President Petrov

Take it easy Smiley it's a kind of easter-egg, has been explained several times.
once again:
- We have a back-end developer named Yuri who has some obligations to his current employer, will quit his job in a month, meanwhile he wouldn't like to have any issues. He's sitting in front of me right now by the way.
- I thought that it'd be cool to present him as Yuri Gagarin, since I want to keep WAVES space-themed in general (waves->gravitational waves -> space)
- When he quits his job we'll deanon him. But I think we'll have Yuri Gagarin on the team anyways Smiley

Yes ,he did during the test flight but Wives brought him back Grin

Gagarin was the first human to enter outer space. I think that makes him a great symbol for the Waves community which is pioneering a path to a new destination.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   STORM TOKEN    A decentralized micro-job marketplace    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Blog*
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     TOKEN GENERATION EVENT | Coming Soon    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Thereisnospoon

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:59:02 PM

Thanks. Smiley

President Petrov

once again:

Yes ,he did during the test flight(oficial version)but Wives brought him back Grin

Gagarin was the first human to enter outer space. I think that makes him a great symbol for the Waves community which is pioneering a path to a new destination.
Maybe. But  it's hard  to tell how it works in marketing terms? At least people talk about it and learn something new...and chat room gets biger Grin 

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

Nevis

Activity: 560

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 08:59:25 PM

Waves can beat that Ethereum with 31,530 BTC before the ICO ends hopefuly  Smiley
As of now Waves have 6072.75607155 BTC
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:31:06 PM

Newsletter No. 7 is out: https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-newsletter-no-7-f3701da154c0#.rnskstq9p
Thereisnospoon

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:44:54 PM

Great news!And It's good they moved to the new office! But it would be a lot more valuable and interesting to see how it looks know Cheesy

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

BoldNinja

Activity: 1806
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:58:52 PM

Kind of like this newsletters that they are keeping us in the loop. Anyone knows how network rewards will work out (or staking) ?

egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:05:05 PM

i believe in wave more than eth
look at the prices of eth right now and 1 month ago
many lost btc in eth

The price of anything will go up and down.  That's why it's best to sell some and take profits when it's high and then buy back when it falls.  I have no doubt that Ether will eventually rise again but right now there is a domino effect that means that people start panic selling when the price falls.  Whilst I have great confidence in Waves it would be a mistake to assume that it will be a pure upward trend in value.

Many people bought 1000 eth during its crowdsale and sold for maybe twice its price when it hit an exchange and probably made 1 btc profit where if they held until it went to .03 they would have turned their 1 btc into 30btc but that is only using ethereum as and example and hindsight of course is as useful as backtesting.I am going to hold 75% for the long term and see where this goes.
Thereisnospoon

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:15:18 PM

Kind of like this newsletters that they are keeping us in the loop. Anyone knows how network rewards will work out (or staking) ?
If I am correct there is no numbers and precise model announced yet but all nodes will be rewarded. They  say  it will be implemented trough lending your assets/tokens. And I didn't like the word "lending"-it rises centralisation sensation inside my small brain Huh

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:56:06 PM

If I am correct there is no numbers and precise model announced yet but all nodes will be rewarded. They  say  it will be implemented trough lending your assets/tokens. And I didn't like the word "lending"-it rises centralisation sensation inside my small brain Huh

There will be and need to be full nodes of course above lite clients. Focus is mainly on the end-user that`s why are mentioning lite client more often. Users who want to use only lite version wil be able to choose a full node to lease their balance to and they will still receive the rewards, but at the same time transactions become much faster as full nodes process them effectively. It will be new implementation of POS with new scalability approach to be revealed in the tech paper. At the same time we will enable ALL users to get incentives from the network. There'll be competition between the nodes that process the transactions and anyone will be able to run full node also. The rules will be the same and known for everyone.

Thereisnospoon

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:14:22 PM

There will be and need to be full nodes of course above lite clients. Focus is mainly on the end-user that`s why are mentioning lite client more often. Users who want to use only lite version wil be able to choose a full node to lease their balance to and they will still receive the rewards, but at the same time transactions become much faster as full nodes process them effectively. It will be new implementation of POS with new scalability approach to be revealed in the tech paper. At the same time we will enable ALL users to get incentives from the network. There'll be competition between the nodes that process the transactions and anyone will be able to run full node also. The rules will be the same and known for everyone.

Yes, full nodes necessary for network to function and  the end users are Waves one of the focal points .But will the light clients will have literally lend their funds to be rewarded or it's just technical mumbo-jumbo? Smiley

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:26:19 PM

Yes, full nodes necessary for network to function and  the end users are Waves one of the focal points .But will the light clients will have literally lend their funds to be rewarded or it's just technical mumbo-jumbo? Smiley

Of course, if you want to get part of the rewards from full node you need to lease your balance or part of your balance to it. You should have some balance to get rewards from the network, don`t you think ? Smiley 

Thereisnospoon

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:33:34 PM

Of course, if you want to get part of the rewards from full node you need to lease your balance or part of your balance to it. You should have some balance to get rewards from the network, don`t you think ? Smiley 
I think finally got the principle of master node Smiley Sometimes mind wraps around too many subjects.. Thanks for keeping in touch with your investors.

▄███▄
           ▄██▀▀█▀▀██▄
         ▄███▄  █  ▄███▄
       ▄██▀ █▀█▄█▄█▀█ ▀██▄
      ██▀  █  ▄███▄  █  ▀██
     ██    █▄█▀ █ ▀█▄█    ██
       ▀▀███████████████▀▀
OTPPAY

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 11:43:22 PM

Waves Newsletter No.7

https://twitter.com/wavesplatform/status/726159573497864192

mindlessner

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 12:11:50 AM

Thanks!

The GUI looks little 2008-ish though
dukektm

Activity: 690

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 01:41:08 AM

retweet  Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 [275] 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: