Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:30:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 [970] 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 ... 2139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WAVES. Ultimate crypto-tokens blockchain platform.  (Read 2389101 times)
lambofan

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:35:31 PM

Hello,
I have a problem , i wanted to update to the new liteclient version and i removed the old one and downloaded the new release. After that i didn't find my account on the new app, so i used the "IMPORT ACCOUNT" and typed my seed but after that it gave me another address and have to retype a new name and a new password after that there is no coins in the new account.
i'm really confused and worried about that, please help me solve that.

Hi. How do you set up your seed for the first time? Do you use the generated seed or do you use a personal seed with your words?

i used the generated seed , a group of random words

Did you add something from yourself? Any word, symbol, space? Did you get coins from ICO account?

absolutely not !!!!! i just copied the seed using the copy to clipboard icon and then paste it into a notepad

In this case, check your seed. Use different methods - Copy/Paste or type each word. Even one extra space will generate another wave address.

Yes, before updating i had already received my coins from the ico site into my wallet
but after updating i just end up with a different address when generatin from seed and my account is empty now
and the coins still showing in the ico site balance

1 deletes all portfolios
2 open waves wallet
3 import account
4 COPY AND PASTE SEED NO write it
5 verifies that gives you your address where you have coins
6 user and pass old wallet

followed all the steps, when clicking on "GENERATE ADDRESS FROM SEED" it shows another address not the one that i had before !!!!!

Dude it happened to me as well, a
And as my browser closed overnight and the addy has dissappeared again\
I fear it has happened again,

The same seed does give you different addresses!!!!

I sent a email to support, for the last one, might have to do again not sure what is happening.

Yes, probably is a bug but you dont need worried if you add a short name for your account also   Wink

Twiggy Smile

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:36:09 PM

followed all the steps, when clicking on "GENERATE ADDRESS FROM SEED" it shows another address not the one that i had before !!!!!

In this case, you are using a different seed or try to use other browser (eg Firefox) and open index.html file on Firefox. And try to import account.

nooo way !!!!  a different seed ?? where do i came with it ?

what index.html file are you talking about ? i'm using the chrome app

You can download the Lite client from this link:
https://github.com/wavesplatform/WavesGUI/releases

And use these instructions:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rRDKfKWXitBFrTII3CIq3haAJ771-MZCMD7SPWLNVBw
taurados

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:41:42 PM

The most important thing for any coin or project is its community as without them you have nothing. When I first looked at this project I checked out the post history of sasha35625 and noticed that he had tried to launch other projects in the past, he has used up a lot of pages since then so can’t look back as far now. That was one red flag, when deciding how much to invest and or whether you want to put the time in or not.
The next red flag was the “White Paper” if anyone one here has read it, then surly you must agree that a 12 year old could have done a better job with it being very thin on detail and wishy-washy. Then I found a green flag on reading that jL777 would be having some, if not small involvement. Quote; “ I confirm that I will be advising and investing in this project, especially on methods to add BTC security to other chains and enabling asset mobility with the asset passport system.” End Quote. On reading that, this was the only reason I threw a couple of BTC on this project as a small punt that I could just forget about and see what happens after 6 to 12 months or so.
So far the only impressive thing I have seen so far was the ICO-Platform, which worked smoothly while collecting just under 30 000 BTC.  These BTC would only be released to the Dev’s once the balances from the ICO site could be withdrawn to the Waves wallets.  So Dev’s, looks like you have DONE your job now, do you have your BTC yet? If not I am sure you will soon have them.

If the Dev’s really cared about this community, firstly they would not have rushed to release the wallets and coins, where the ONLY function the wallets have is to “Send” and “latest Transactions” Now the best thing would have been getting everything working, even if this took a year, before releasing. If the Dev’s needed funds for development before release, there are many ways this could have been done, when there is a guaranteed 30 000 BTC sitting in Escrow.

Secondly after already missing deadlines he then sends out a Tweet announcing that “we’re launching on Bittrex on June 20. Ride on @wavesplateform.” As if he is bloody early and ahead of schedule, and how wonderful I am.  Yet his last post on this thread was on the 11 June. He should be coming here and apologizing and be giving explanations of what gone wrong and what he will be doing to correct the problem, so as to take the Community with him and show some Bloody leadership.

Am I pissed? Yes, but not for the couple of BTC I threw at this, but rather the way you get certain Dev’s who just take the Community and other investors for granted, and with their arrogant attitude. Well Dev’s enjoy your Millions, but your card has been marked!!!!!! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Small world this crypto is at the moment.

Now do the right thing and talk, lead and look after your investors and community.!!!!!!!!  

This is the most important post in all the 1000 pages.
+1
Full sign
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:42:45 PM

The most important thing for any coin or project is its community as without them you have nothing. When I first looked at this project I checked out the post history of sasha35625 and noticed that he had tried to launch other projects in the past, he has used up a lot of pages since then so can’t look back as far now. That was one red flag, when deciding how much to invest and or whether you want to put the time in or not.
The next red flag was the “White Paper” if anyone one here has read it, then surly you must agree that a 12 year old could have done a better job with it being very thin on detail and wishy-washy. Then I found a green flag on reading that jL777 would be having some, if not small involvement. Quote; “ I confirm that I will be advising and investing in this project, especially on methods to add BTC security to other chains and enabling asset mobility with the asset passport system.” End Quote. On reading that, this was the only reason I threw a couple of BTC on this project as a small punt that I could just forget about and see what happens after 6 to 12 months or so.
So far the only impressive thing I have seen so far was the ICO-Platform, which worked smoothly while collecting just under 30 000 BTC.  These BTC would only be released to the Dev’s once the balances from the ICO site could be withdrawn to the Waves wallets.  So Dev’s, looks like you have DONE your job now, do you have your BTC yet? If not I am sure you will soon have them.

If the Dev’s really cared about this community, firstly they would not have rushed to release the wallets and coins, where the ONLY function the wallets have is to “Send” and “latest Transactions” Now the best thing would have been getting everything working, even if this took a year, before releasing. If the Dev’s needed funds for development before release, there are many ways this could have been done, when there is a guaranteed 30 000 BTC sitting in Escrow.

Secondly after already missing deadlines he then sends out a Tweet announcing that “we’re launching on Bittrex on June 20. Ride on @wavesplateform.” As if he is bloody early and ahead of schedule, and how wonderful I am.  Yet his last post on this thread was on the 11 June. He should be coming here and apologizing and be giving explanations of what gone wrong and what he will be doing to correct the problem, so as to take the Community with him and show some Bloody leadership.

Am I pissed? Yes, but not for the couple of BTC I threw at this, but rather the way you get certain Dev’s who just take the Community and other investors for granted, and with their arrogant attitude. Well Dev’s enjoy your Millions, but your card has been marked!!!!!! Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Small world this crypto is at the moment.

Now do the right thing and talk, lead and look after your investors and community.!!!!!!!!  

good points actually.
I am also a bit disappointed, especially taking into account the scale of this project and the amount of coins collected, how bad project management skills the team has.
This has to be said this way, as this yet another ICO were the deadlines do not mean much. there is no feeling of responsibility for the trust that was given by the early investors who indeed delivered fantastic ICO result.

this space is intentionally left blank
yassprod

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:43:02 PM

Hello,
I have a problem , i wanted to update to the new liteclient version and i removed the old one and downloaded the new release. After that i didn't find my account on the new app, so i used the "IMPORT ACCOUNT" and typed my seed but after that it gave me another address and have to retype a new name and a new password after that there is no coins in the new account.
i'm really confused and worried about that, please help me solve that.

Hi. How do you set up your seed for the first time? Do you use the generated seed or do you use a personal seed with your words?

i used the generated seed , a group of random words

Did you add something from yourself? Any word, symbol, space? Did you get coins from ICO account?

absolutely not !!!!! i just copied the seed using the copy to clipboard icon and then paste it into a notepad

In this case, check your seed. Use different methods - Copy/Paste or type each word. Even one extra space will generate another wave address.

Yes, before updating i had already received my coins from the ico site into my wallet
but after updating i just end up with a different address when generatin from seed and my account is empty now
and the coins still showing in the ico site balance

1 deletes all portfolios
2 open waves wallet
3 import account
4 COPY AND PASTE SEED NO write it
5 verifies that gives you your address where you have coins
6 user and pass old wallet

Dude it happened to me as well, a
And as my browser closed overnight and the addy has dissappeared again\
I fear it has happened again,

The same seed does give you different addresses!!!!
using liteclient on Opera

I sent a email to support, for the last one, might have to do again not sure what is happening.

Yes dude that's annoying , and now the seed keeps giving me the same address that is not the one i used on the ico site
I sent an email to support too, rideon@waveplatform.com this is the support email right ?
disam

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:45:02 PM

there is a lack of strategic PR here. dont get me wrong, i respect guys helping others here with technical information (seed,wallet,client install) but a PR guy should really push "the story" about waves and project progress. If the CEO has no time for this, hire somebody to do it. Community matters guys.
Twiggy Smile

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:45:15 PM

Yes dude that's annoying , and now the seed keeps giving me the same address that is not the one i used on the ico site
I sent an email to support too, rideon@waveplatform.com this is the support email right ?

Yes. But try to use -

lambofan

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:49:59 PM

Yes. But try to use -

If you try of import on Lite Wallet an address with seed it does not  work, Probably is a bug, It only work
using a short name(When you created your account) + password. Dont forget that!   

Twiggy Smile

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:52:40 PM

If you try of import on Lite Wallet an address with seed it does not  work, Probably is a bug, It only work
using a short name(When you created your account) + password. Dont forget that!  

I know. If you want to use a personal seed. use Imports account page.

What browser you are using? If Google Chrome how many profiles do you have? What wallet you are using?
yassprod

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:53:13 PM

In this case, you are using a different seed or try to use other browser (eg Firefox) and open index.html file on Firefox. And try to import account.

nooo way !!!!  a different seed ?? where do i came with it ?

what index.html file are you talking about ? i'm using the chrome app

i just downloaded the source code and opened the index.html file followed all instruction and the seed keeps giving me the same address that isn't minee !!!!!!!!!! what sshould i doooo now
Twiggy Smile

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:55:08 PM

i just downloaded the source code and opened the index.html file followed all instruction and the seed keeps giving me the same address that isn't minee !!!!!!!!!! what sshould i doooo now

On Firefox?
addias

Activity: 244

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:57:30 PM

What is the link to the Waves trading thread?

Thanks
yassprod

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 10:59:53 PM

On Firefox?

Yes on firefox bro.
lambofan

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:00:43 PM

On Firefox?

Yes on firefox bro.

When you created your account  did you  a short name for it?

madjules007

Activity: 400

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:01:00 PM

Thanks

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1496254.0

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:10:00 PM

Team is communicating all fine through slack, if those as an investor are so careless that they even dont want to take a minute to get on slack then they deserve to lose their money since they dont value it at all.
yassprod

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:11:57 PM

On Firefox?

Yes on firefox bro.

When you created your account  did you  a short name for it?

Yes i used a short name,
i know my short name, password and address. the only problem is with the seed
RankoYS

Activity: 130

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:14:29 PM

Thanks

Just wait for the exchanges man Smiley
Waves is getting on Bittrex on 20th June  Grin
lambofan

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:15:50 PM

On Firefox?

Yes on firefox bro.

When you created your account  did you  a short name for it?

Yes i used a short name,
i know my short name, password and address. the only problem is with the seed

+1  Dont worried  then you can import using short name and pass only, this should work.

thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 11:18:16 PM

Team is communicating all fine through slack, if those as an investor are so careless that they even dont want to take a minute to get on slack then they deserve to lose their money since they dont value it at all.

Ahhh no this is the ANN,

Stuff is easy to miss on Slack, Updates should be here if not for retarded sig campaign that ruined thread.

I love when coins think they are to big to post here. 

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
Pages: « 1 ... 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 [970] 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 ... 2139 »
  Print  

Jump to: