Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:30:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I Think I've Found An Account Being Sold  (Read 1491 times)
SlidingHorn (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:47:24 PM

So there's this sale going on: https://archive.is/ys0od

Now, seeing as I don't have a life and I don't sleep much, I decided to try to narrow this down using the criteria the OP gave as a description of the account for sale:

- Bitmixer Sig
- (light) Green Trust
- Staked address 5+ months old

I went through all 137 pages of the Bitmixer sig campaign to see which Hero Members were still signed up, and only 8 of them had green trust.  Of those 8, only 4 of those had staked addresses 5 or more months ago.  Only one of those 4 is *light* green....the rest are dark green.

So here's my question:  Do I post this account here prior to the end of the sale?  Elsewhere?  Do I neg the account?  Should I wait to see if the password changes?

What do I do here?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Your Point Is Invalid

Activity: 756
Merit: 510

Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 02:02:57 PM

Now, seeing as I don't have a life and I don't sleep much, I decided to try to narrow this down using the criteria the OP gave as a description of the account for sale:

- Bitmixer Sig
- (light) Green Trust

I went through all 137 pages of the Bitmixer sig campaign to see which Hero Members were still signed up, and only 8 of them had green trust.  Of those 8, only 4 of those had staked addresses 5 or more months ago.  Only one of those 4 is *light* green....the rest are dark green.

So here's my question:  Do I post this account here prior to the end of the sale?  Elsewhere?  Do I neg the account?  Should I wait to see if the password changes?

What do I do here?
If the password changes when the account is sold, tell the person that made the positive trust that the account had been sold so they can remove it

james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 02:56:19 PM

- Bitmixer Sig
- (light) Green Trust

What do I do here?

Inform one of the DT members to leave neutral feedback stating the account is being sold. Many ponzi scammers are buying high ranked accounts and duping newbies.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 03:11:07 PM

If the password changes when the account is sold, tell the person that made the positive trust that the account had been sold so they can remove it

Please also let us know so we can burn it's trust rating for being a bought account which, by default, is only purchased in order to deceive other forum users. This means the person operating that account is provably dishonest and so it should be marked as such.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
SlidingHorn (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 03:23:20 PM

Ummm...didn't you ask him for a price on this account?   Huh  Roll Eyes

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 03:31:40 PM

Please also let us know so we can burn it's trust rating for being a bought account which, by default, is only purchased in order to deceive other forum users. This means the person operating that account is provably dishonest and so it should be marked as such.

I don't quite understand why you always think of someone negatively in that way.  Undecided Do you have trust issues or something? Cheesy
The guy may have bought the account for signature campaigning itself. It's hard to get a spot on bitmixer and they currently have one of the best price compared to other campaign so I wouldn't think deceiving others is the reason why the buyer bought the account but just to earn a spot on bitmixer. It's only my opinion tho.
On the other hand, I do think that the trust feedback should be removed since the owner of the account is different now.It coul be used in a fraud just in case.
SlidingHorn (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 03:40:21 PM

I don't quite understand why you always think of someone negatively in that way.  Undecided Do you have trust issues or something? Cheesy
The guy may have bought the account for signature campaigning itself. It's hard to get a spot on bitmixer and they currently have one of the best price compared to other campaign so I wouldn't think deceiving others is the reason why the buyer bought the account but just to earn a spot on bitmixer. It's only my opinion tho.
On the other hand, I do think that the trust feedback should be removed since the owner of the account is different now.It coul be used in a fraud just in case.

Purchasing and using an account that you didn't grow yourself is, in fact, deceiving those running the campaign. 

Also, it appears you haven't read this thread at all.  The account hasn't been sold  yet, and its trust is already positive.

Please take the time to actually read a thread before shit posting all over it to spam your sig link.

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 03:41:53 PM

The guy may have bought the account for signature campaigning itself. It's hard to get a spot on bitmixer and they currently have one of the best price compared to other campaign so I wouldn't think deceiving others is the reason why the buyer bought the account but just to earn a spot on bitmixer.

In your example he buys an account to 'earn a spot on bitmixer' which, according to you sounds perfectly reasonable, yes?

Except for the fact that every single post he subsequently makes, which will bear more weight because he is a Hero member, will sway users into both believing that the content of the post is likely to be the work of somebody who is greatly experienced within the cryptosphere AND that the signature advert is, therefore, chosen to be worn by the long-standing member of experience because he is wise enough to know it to be a legitimate and trustworthy service. Fact is the person behind that account could be a no-mark idiot who has no fucking clue what he's doing and ends up leading a whole bunch of newbie-lemmings over a cliff, figuratively-speaking.

Which part of that setup sounds honest?

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 03:59:02 PM

The guy may have bought the account for signature campaigning itself. It's hard to get a spot on bitmixer and they currently have one of the best price compared to other campaign so I wouldn't think deceiving others is the reason why the buyer bought the account but just to earn a spot on bitmixer.

In your example he buys an account to 'earn a spot on bitmixer' which, according to you sounds perfectly reasonable, yes?

Except for the fact that every single post he subsequently makes, which will bear more weight because he is a Hero member, will sway users into both believing that the content of the post is likely to be the work of somebody who is greatly experienced within the cryptosphere AND that the signature advert is, therefore, chosen to be worn by the long-standing member of experience because he is wise enough to know it to be a legitimate and trustworthy service. Fact is the person behind that account could be a no-mark idiot who has no fucking clue what he's doing and ends up leading a whole bunch of newbie-lemmings over a cliff, figuratively-speaking.

You're wasting your time. They just don't understand. To them, it's just not possible.

Accounts are sold only for Sig campaigns! Nothing happens "behind closed doors", nope nothing at all. It's not like bought accounts have been used to scam many times before. Oh, wait...
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2016, 04:17:33 PM

Maybe you should wait till password is changed and what kind of posts is created by the hero account, if he posts something like wanted to escrow or probably asked for a tremendous amount of loan then maybe you can conclude to take action for this account to be tagged. Just to be fair to this buyer after all buying accounts isn't illegal. is it?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 05:04:26 PM

Purchasing and using an account that you didn't grow yourself is, in fact, deceiving those running the campaign. 

Well yes you are right but for a fact, I have seen so many people buying and selling accounts here for a way of earning, and with my stay here in the forum, I also encountered people who are actually making a living out of signature campaign so I have to think o not only the negativity on why accounts are being sold around but also see the reason wh they are doing these. It's actually common on my local subforum here that you can see them talking about these things.

Also, it appears you haven't read this thread at all.  The account hasn't been sold  yet, and its trust is already positive.

Please take the time to actually read a thread before shit posting all over it to spam your sig link.
Before accusing me of something I'm not doing please also clearly read through every words that I have said. I 'read' the thread and your topic but I was referring to cryptodevils statement alone. I knew that the account has not yet been sold but I did agreed to the fact that if ever it is sold already, you should exposed the account so the positive ratings be removed, only because so everyone else would know that the account has a new owner. I was referring to as if ever the account already has, I didn't said that it is already on the hands of a different person.

I am not saying that buying and selling accounts for signature campaigning purpose is honest, okay? I get it. You are not in favor of this actions but I was only being logical into thinking that they may have a reason why they are doing such. It may be not in your favor but maybe it is to them. I don't see any harm if the account will be simply used in earning some coins, the guy behind the account must have a great need. As I have seen I know people from my local people who are buying high ranked accounts mainly for a better rte on signature campaigns. It may be frowned upon by some users but give them a break, as for me I will only quetion these people if they actually did something wrong that is against the forum rules. My point is why won't you guys try to assume a scenario without evwn thinking of all the possibilities.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 05:17:06 PM

It is possible to register on the Bitmixer signature campaign without making a post on the Bitcoin signature campaign thread. That might be a slight flaw in your reasoning.  Smiley
SlidingHorn (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 05:39:13 PM

It is possible to register on the Bitmixer signature campaign without making a post on the Bitcoin signature campaign thread. That might be a slight flaw in your reasoning.  Smiley

....don't ruin my thing here, man!!   Cheesy

Just kidding...I'll just keep an eye on my "final four" for a bit and see how things turn out Wink

salmanahmedone

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 04:23:06 PM

....don't ruin my thing here, man!!   Cheesy

Just kidding...I'll just keep an eye on my "final four" for a bit and see how things turn out Wink

Can you tell us what price he is asking to sold this account ?
The price demand may also help us determine the credibility of the account.
Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 04:29:07 PM

Ummm...didn't you ask him for a price on this account?   Huh  Roll Eyes
So what? i know that the identity of the account is already know and i intend to get the trust rating removed when i nuy, i told him to tell me how much i would have to pay if the rating was neutral

fjlj

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 04:36:02 PM

why you guys keep spamming and making new topics for account sale Huh
everyone know account selling is allowed
Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 04:38:50 PM

why you guys keep spamming and making new topics for account sale Huh
everyone know account selling is allowed
Why dont you read sometimes?
The account being sold has positive trust and it can be used to scam

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 04:52:30 PM

I've backed off posting here because the discussion board seems to have been destroyed. It is full of the same old threads covering the same old topics with several hundred replies. It isn't worth opening them unless you want to spam your signature. But I guess this is what happens when you allow memberships to be sold. I guess many people are tempted to sell up if you can't get a decent discussion going.

btw - I have never considered selling my signature on any forum of which I have been a member.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Your Point Is Invalid

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 04:56:28 PM

I've backed off posting here because the discussion board seems to have been destroyed. It is full of the same old threads covering the same old topics with several hundred replies. It isn't worth opening them unless you want to spam your signature. But I guess this is what happens when you allow memberships to be sold. I guess many people are tempted to sell up if you can't get a decent discussion going.

btw - I have never considered selling my signature on any forum of which I have been a member.
Did you even read the thread? the account is highly ranked and it has positive trust, we are having a discussion about it because it can be used to scam

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 05:06:39 PM

Did you even read the thread? the account is highly ranked and it has positive trust, we are having a discussion about it because it can be used to scam

Did you even read my post? I posted because I really like Bitcoin talk, and I've learnt a lot from members. Sig selling is, at best, an attempt to defraud a campaign manager, and during the course of this, the purchaser makes a multitude of low value posts keeping alive redundant threads. That was the point of my post, and I believe it to be apposite.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: