Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help NEEDED, bitcoin wallet was send to Nirvana.  (Read 1510 times)
totohasproblem (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:10:35 AM

I i reconstructed the error and made a Video out of it.

Th.e biggest question now is, what did bitcoin core with the wallet.dat, that disappeared from the folder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOxflDzhgU
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 6659

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 01:12:40 AM

Please do not double post, instead post this in your original thread.

totohasproblem (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:31:09 AM

I wanted to start new because of the confusion in the first, this is more clear now...

ANYWAY to all that see this

The Wallet.dat file, was created by me, then i copied the btc receive address out it renamed it and then closed the client, so this wallet.dat then maybe could not be completet.

If i create a new wallet, wait for 10 min then do the same thing, then bitcoin core seems to "complete" this file, if i then rename it and then close the bitcoin core, and then rename it back to wallet.dat, if i then start core again, the file is fine and working

So i think, but i am not an expert, that the first wallet.dat was not ready?? because it took me only a few seconds to open new wallet, copy address and then rename and close it, maybe it was to fast anyway,
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 01:36:04 AM

And again - you have been told you should not be renaming important files (you should copy over them instead with care) and most especially you don't do this while Bitcoin Core is *running*.

(if you insist upon doing things that the software wasn't designed to support then you can expect trouble)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
totohasproblem (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:49:24 AM

the question is still where is the file gone, if i find it, than i could maybe recover it?
obviously the software deleted the renamed file and then it startet with block verification and then it created a new wallet.dat, because the old one was send to somewhere.

I know now what not to do, but it was happened and there are lots of money on it. Hopefully somebody have an idea where to search the file and what program is out there to recover wallet files (if we find it)
Why is this program deleting the wallet.dat file (what was the wallet.timestamp.bak before)
and if the program really deleted it, where did it put it.
does it makes sense to hire a data recovery company to find those files? or was it renamed and send to some folder again?
I checked already with easeus data recovery but could not find the old wallet.
vizito
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1098

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 04:07:36 AM

the question is still where is the file gone, if i find it, than i could maybe recover it?
obviously the software deleted the renamed file and then it startet with block verification and then it created a new wallet.dat, because the old one was send to somewhere.

I know now what not to do, but it was happened and there are lots of money on it. Hopefully somebody have an idea where to search the file and what program is out there to recover wallet files (if we find it)
Why is this program deleting the wallet.dat file (what was the wallet.timestamp.bak before)
and if the program really deleted it, where did it put it.
does it makes sense to hire a data recovery company to find those files? or was it renamed and send to some folder again?
I checked already with easeus data recovery but could not find the old wallet.

When you create a purse should always import the private key
can someone advise you of a powerful utility to restore files if recovery does not work it is likely that you have lost the file
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 04:11:26 AM

In all likelihood the content of the file was replaced (so is gone forever unless you had kept a backup - and if you didn't keep several backups of a wallet with over 200 BTC then that is actually rather astonishing).

You keep on thinking that "the file was moved somewhere" but it is fairly clear that this is simply not the case. You effectively deleted it yourself by renaming it.

That being said it is possible that the contents of your HDD might still contain the information but you'd likely need to enlist the help of a data recovery service for that.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
vlamer

Activity: 101
Merit: 11

N.E.E.T

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 05:43:28 AM

maybe you must use recovery tool explorer,
download ufs explorer pro in original web http://www.ufsexplorer.com/
and use serial key crack from
http://onhax.net/ufs-explorer-professional-recovery-5-18-1-serial-key-is-here-latest-2.

totohasproblem (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 06:46:12 AM

BTW

if i find this file, this wallet.12312123.bak

how to make it working again?
vlamer

N.E.E.T

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 06:53:21 AM

BTW

copy that to bitcoin dir change again to wallet.dat and try to run Core, if you sure bak have your money save original file in other backup folder.
let see what happen ,do you set wallet passphrase before?

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 07:21:05 AM

I've moved your other thread to the Archive (based on the fact that this one is more clear): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1389123.0

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
totohasproblem (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:21:49 AM

BTW

copy that to bitcoin dir change again to wallet.dat and try to run Core, if you sure bak have your money save original file in other backup folder.
let see what happen ,do you set wallet passphrase before?

what is bitcoin dir?
 how is this working, if i add this to the folder where core load the wallet file it won´t find it as BAK right?
vlamer

N.E.E.T

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 07:41:06 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 12:46:52 PM by vlamer

what is bitcoin dir?
 how is this working, if i add this to the folder where core load the wallet file it won´t find it as BAK right?
EDIT:
i meant Bitcoin Core directory folder, Core just read wallet.dat but that must have some offset protocol to,if you never set passphrase before? in this case you need hackers help who know about .
i already trying this ,and i have wallet.1457334423.bak and try with console command importwallet ,i dont know that can working with your problem.
I'm trying to read the difference between wallet.dat and bak file,that have something missing in bak.
you need help from Bitcoin Dev!

you can recover with select disk where used by Bitcoin Core,and push recover submit.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 09:00:54 AM

-snip-
you need help from Bitcoin Dev!

CIYAM already looked at the source code. The coins are gone. The only problem now is that OP thinks we did not understand the problem and that there is still a solution. There might have been a solution a long time ago, before OP recreated the problem over and over again and the last chance that something is still on the disk are almost 0.

@totohasproblem stop the system, take it to a data recovery expert. If there is any chance there is still something left after all this mess, they will find it. If not, Im sorry for your loss.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
totohasproblem (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 09:36:45 AM

So i assume right, that the bitcoin core deleted the wallet.dat, that was renamed from .bak before it creates  new wallet.dat?

Or where did it went, i still hope that this file is somewhere, i reconstructed the situation again and again to understand on my other computer.

so, can i use data recovery programms or should i use a company?
vlamer

N.E.E.T

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 09:47:35 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2016, 12:38:36 PM by vlamer

EDIT:
i think this can be resolved,but is harder to me.
in wallet.dat there have some different identify code every wallet.dat created, in this case just merge point where have records data key and address,but i don't know where point that not to be change if that is protocol.
Developer can help ,their know how wallet.dat structure and how bitcoind read that file.

So i assume right, that the bitcoin core deleted the wallet.dat, that was renamed from .bak before it creates  new wallet.dat?

yes,that because wallet.dat is corupt or can't be read by core.

Or where did it went, i still hope that this file is somewhere, i reconstructed the situation again and again to understand on my other computer.

generally there in template directory,but don't know in this case.

you can use recovery tool,and always backup if you think that important.
i think that program can recover all file went you loss with file timestamp.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 01:48:49 PM

So i assume right, that the bitcoin core deleted the wallet.dat, that was renamed from .bak before it creates  new wallet.dat?

Well with everything you write on the disk or that gets written in the background on the disk the chance that the data you are missing is overwritten increases. Since we are talking about a significant amount of coins here and a complex issue I suggest a company.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1303

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 01:56:09 PM

Well with everything you write on the disk or that gets written in the background on the disk the chance that the data you are missing is overwritten increases. Since we are talking about a significant amount of coins here and a complex issue I suggest a company.

And he should turn off the computer to stop writing to the drive to maximize the chance of salvaging the wallet.dat.  In short, do NOT do anything on the computer any more if you want the best chance to save the wallet.
watashi-kokoto

Activity: 682
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 03:46:59 PM

Renaming files that a running program is using - a big mistake. You never ever touch the wallet, only to COPY it when doing a backup.

But relax. shut down the machine.

First, write down the password to the wallet, if any.

You need an expert to take the full image of the disk partition.

Then you need to scan the disk for the wallets, I assume it's HFS+ so for an Apple fanboy it's going to be a pain in the ass.

Note: If you used Windows (NTFS) or Linux (Ext4) a full range of free and commercial file recovery tools exist.

Next , recover every file that looks like a wallet, or is recently touched. And backup it by COPYING to a different disk.

Last, try every wallet and sweep your funds.
vlamer

N.E.E.T

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 04:28:41 PM

I succeeded to recover wallet.dat of issues on github https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/7647, this is only a test.
bak wallet in https://mega.nz/#!yAZzSQbZ!mZK0q43dm1BIXvIQAx2ZiuCXZRk3_o9shiv2pTcTmrk
recover wallet in https://mega.nz/#!upU0kKqC!YHhrLEafZgqima9Twpd6QaC9pXGERWLf9uizKZOXOu8
I do not know if there are missing parts, but all the addresses shown when I do dumpwallet.
This will be difficult if the wallet is encrypted with passphrase.
@totohasproblem if you have bak file maybe this to be another way .

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: