Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:50:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: User Jakers: Beware  (Read 7041 times)
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 11:30:33 AM

Also I did a bit of digging and this user is using a brand new wallet address.

Nothing to be alarmed about really, but consider the following...

Read Got BTC's past posts...he definitely is not new to Bitcoin. Quite the opposite actually. So he probably has had a couple established wallets by now right? I have been in BTC for about 7-8 months now and I have about 4 established wallets ALL with transactions. So why make it a point to make sure you have a brand new wallet to go with your brand new username? Looks like someone is trying to hide something.

Wallet address: 1A4VwqyRgQvbN4KAR86xgjPmDgc2ULaVv7

Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 12:57:28 PM

Read Got BTC's past posts...he definitely is not new to Bitcoin. Quite the opposite actually. So he probably has had a couple established wallets by now right? I have been in BTC for about 7-8 months now and I have about 4 established wallets ALL with transactions. So why make it a point to make sure you have a brand new wallet to go with your brand new username? Looks like someone is trying to hide something.

It's actually the default behavior for the Armory client. It is an aspect I find both convenient and as annoying as hell, but when deterministic wallets become standard on every client it will be the default behavior.

Jakers is as shady as shit, don't get me wrong. I just want to discourage confusing prudence with malice.

b3b456de

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:29:17 AM

Also using a different BTC address for each transaction isn't a bad idea, it makes it easier to make sure that the person actually paid you and allows for more anonymity.  

On an unrelated note, I think that it would be a good idea if the forum flagged users that repeatedly use an IP address solely associated with a scammer on this forum.
BTC4Amazon

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2013, 02:03:13 AM

Hello All,
You may recall in many times I posted my trust for jakers in the past. But now that he has left he took about 150 USD + worth of My GCs with him. Just wanted to put this warning out in-case he comes back. And to revoke any Rep I may have given him.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2013, 10:20:22 PM

http://otc.armed.us/otc/?*@*206.81.*.*

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 07:27:51 AM

Unless Barrow, Alaska is either a physical or proxy hotbed of Bitcoin users, Jakers aka Gia, Niann, Desertz, Farley, blupig, is still active in #bitcoin-otc (see my previous post for the IP>nick history.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 05:03:00 PM

once a bitcoin scammer always a bitcoin scammer.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: