Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 09:47:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Growcoins.org simple betting game  (Read 1186 times)
growcoins (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 12:18:26 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2016, 03:06:38 PM by growcoins

The game is about betting what will be the last digit of the final score of a basketball game. For example the game between the Cleveland vs Golden State Warriors is 105-108 with the Warriors winning. The winning combination would be 5-8 (not 8-5, since the home team will always be the 2nd team).

The first game that will be featured will be between the Cavs and Lakers with the Lakers being the home team.
Bet is only 0.001 btc and the winning bet will win 0.09 btc.

There will be other services/products that the site will be offering and is currently in the works.

Site: growcoins.org
Betting: growcoins.org/games/ending.html

The bets will be seen right away so everyone knows the numbers taken and will definitely know the winner.
In case your the winning combination is being owned by 2 or more persons, then each will win 0.09 btc.

EDIT: The pot will be sent to an escrow (not yet final who) to be sure that everything is clear and this is not a scam.
lixer

Activity: 2604
Merit: 586

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:15:47 AM

I just checked your site template, you need to do more work on your site's template if you want to get a good place in gambling industry. Because your site is looking like a simple blog site, not looking like a betting or gaming site.

Superhitech
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 06:38:17 AM

It's a good idea, however OP, I think you will have to also offer more games with lower odds than this game, as most people aren't fond of betting with high odds even if there is a big payout.

hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 08:00:56 AM

I just checked your site template, you need to do more work on your site's template if you want to get a good place in gambling industry. Because your site is looking like a simple blog site, not looking like a betting or gaming site.
yes, you're right, because the quality of a site will be viewed from the site to see, I guess now I just will first see how to play in Growcoins.org, maybe someday I will be interested to start participating in this sites
growcoins (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:00:26 AM

I understand your points. For now, it's a start and not really planning to be a major gambling site due to expenses. But who knows, maybe I can find somehow who will take care of the visuals to make it more appealing Smiley

Basically, once you placed you 0.001 bet it will show up to the section where the confirmed bets are together with the tx id and the number of confirmations.
growcoins (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:55:50 AM

We're already on the 4th game and it's between San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunders March 26 8PM EDT.
Funds are already with Dekker3D as shown on this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1391675.40 with TXID https://blockchain.info/tx/8e05fcd37b6bb7ea45dd260bcbb76c5583503efa2992be8f84699a2223a9bd75.

Escrow was used to make sure that the winner will surely claim the prize. Bet as small as 0.001 btc and win 0.09 btc.
JasonXG

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 08:42:13 PM

How is the payout 0.9 and its only 0.001 to bet ? Are those the odds or something ?
I'm not so sure about your website. Are there people making deposits ?
growcoins (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:13:19 PM

How is the payout 0.9 and its only 0.001 to bet ? Are those the odds or something ?
I'm not so sure about your website. Are there people making deposits ?

I guess you misread that, it is only 0.09 BTC and not 0.9 BTC. The game is not based on odds, it works like guessing what will be the last digit numbers of the score between 2 teams at the end of the regulation.
The current bets are for the game between San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunders March 26 8PM EDT which is less than 12 hours from now. For example the final score at the end of regulation between these 2 teams is 109-107 then the winning bet is 9-7 which are the last 2 numbers of the scores. Whoever bet on 9-7 will win the 0.09 BTC prize.
growcoins (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:34:55 PM

The next game will be an sponsored one where bets will only cost 0.0001 btc and the winner will take 50 CBX. More details will soon follow sometime tomorrow.
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 03:53:57 PM

CBX is sponsoring the next game between the Golden State Warriors and the Washington Wizards on March 29 10:30PM EDT

Basically, the game is about guessing the last digits of a basketball game between 2 teams. If the score between 2 teams is 100-98, the winning combination is 0-8. The winning team will always take the 1st slot so it's not 8-0. To be fair with those combination with same numbers, if the game is tied let's say at 95-all the winning combination is 5-5 and we're not going to count the overtime period. If the end of regulation score is 95-89 then the winner is 5-9 (not 9-5).

Mechanics:
-1 user can only vote twice and must be different combinations
-There can be up to 2 persons owning the same combination. If the combination wins then both will win 50 CBX.
-Pick 2 numbers from the drop-down, enter your CBX address then hit submit. Deposit 0.0001 BTC for the transaction to be completed then wait for a few minutes for your bet(s) to be included in the list just below the Submit button.

Not to mention that the current wall buster promo of CBX is still up where those who will buy CBX at Cryptopia at 0.0006 will have receive an additional 20% please refer to their main thread on this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=951753.0.

Site is at growcoins.org/games/ending.html

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3076

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2016, 06:27:44 PM

The next game will be an sponsored one where bets will only cost 0.0001 btc and the winner will take 50 CBX. More details will soon follow sometime tomorrow.
I want to try this maybe i can win the 50 cbx its a 10 usd in the market and 10k satoshi is a small amount to get the cbx as rewards..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Dekker3D

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:29:21 AM

I want to try this maybe i can win the 50 cbx its a 10 usd in the market and 10k satoshi is a small amount to get the cbx as rewards..

Exactly, it's almost free. This is already up and running so you may now join.

Lutzow

Activity: 728

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:06:31 AM

Exactly, it's almost free. This is already up and running so you may now join.

This game is pretty much open guys. It's almost free Smiley

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:17:34 AM

It's a good idea, however OP, I think you will have to also offer more games with lower odds than this game, as most people aren't fond of betting with high odds even if there is a big payout.

But you have to admit. From what I saw this little game is totally free of House Edge. That is huge plus in my book.
Bu I have no idea what Op is thinking and how he is gonna profit from running these games at all. Possible ads on Op's site won't cut it.
shintosai

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:55:49 AM

But you have to admit. From what I saw this little game is totally free of House Edge. That is huge plus in my book.
Bu I have no idea what Op is thinking and how he is gonna profit from running these games at all. Possible ads on Op's site won't cut it.
the possibilty is op is trying to promote and might be it a testing process so if many will join that's the profit start , I'm hoping that Op will succeed here.good luck op.

Lutzow

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 11:46:02 AM

the possibilty is op is trying to promote and might be it a testing process so if many will join that's the profit start , I'm hoping that Op will succeed here.good luck op.

It is being sponsored by someone else and he's trying to promote CBX by doing so and that's why it's almost free. A new round just started a couple of hours ago so feel free to join.

Lutzow

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:23:16 AM

The current bets will be for the game between the Golden State Warriors and the Portland Trailblazers on April 3 8PM EDT. Cast your bets now as low as 0.0001 BTC and get the chance to win 50 CBX.

lipshack15

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:39:29 AM

i just view you website and you need to work more for it
anyways im in Smiley looking forwar thanks for sharing
Lutzow

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:05:04 AM

i just view you website and you need to work more for it
anyways im in Smiley looking forwar thanks for sharing

Yes, it's a simple game aiming to increase awareness of CBX as a coin. 50 CBX is worth some $13 while the bet is only at 10k sats.

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:21:37 AM

To put it in a simple way: Stop right where you are.

You can't really hope to compete here. Online gambling is an extremely competitive market. Thousands of website are doing not only what you do, but also provide dozens of other services. Just ask yourself: "why would anyone use my website".

Currently the answer is clearly: they wouldn't.
You need to work on your design and the UX of your site first. That's a mandatory part man, you won't go anywhere without doing that first.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: