Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:02:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What "facts" you heard about Bitcoin is not true?  (Read 6934 times)
Iseecookies

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 08:28:18 PM

Bitcoin contains a virus that will override your computer and make you part of some hackers great network.
Or that its mainly used by terrorists and drug dealers.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:20:47 PM

"Bitcoin is dead"

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:39:44 PM

Bitcoin contains a virus that will override your computer and make you part of some hackers great network.
Or that its mainly used by terrorists and drug dealers.
it seems it is not a hoax or trick. a lot of people who want to hack or steal your bitcoin and your data. some people have been affected in this forum. because they download something unknown. so be carefull
tailwate07

Activity: 368
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:49:01 PM

The fact that there's no fees at all, Although it's voluntary there is some fees that is used almost by default in any transaction and even in a no-center network fees are necessary to keep it running and transactions being confirmed.
WikiCrypto

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:52:20 PM

this " bitcoin let you anonymous transaction but some popular exchange need real id include number department to join platform exchange
like bitstamp and other popular exchange.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2016, 01:00:56 PM

this " bitcoin let you anonymous transaction but some popular exchange need real id include number department to join platform exchange
like bitstamp and other popular exchange.
This is still correct. You don't understand the statement at all. You are transacting anonymously between address X and address Y. Nobody is forcing you to join services which require personal information.

it seems it is not a hoax or trick.
Did you even read his post and/or understand it? The claim was that Bitcoin contains a virus, which is obviously false.

That a user is "anonymous" in the network and no one can follow your transactions, it's actually almost the opposite since the chain is open and anyone can view the transactions and possible even trace them back to there origin coins.
Nobody knows who this "user" is, ergo this is where the anonymity is coming from.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 04:07:25 PM

"Bitcoin is dead"
I think for now bitcoin is still alive. you can see now but that statement can be used for a long time. we do not know what bitcoin can survive or not in the future?

so the statement "bitcoin dead" has not been fully answered the
i think
sachung

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 04:46:02 PM

That is it being completely anonymous, Currently most coins can be linked back if the exchange cooperate and exchanges require documents mostly so it's not that anonymous now...
simonloff

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 05:04:03 PM

That it is exclusive to criminals! I see allot of decent people here and they are probably not hitman "or men", I had an impression like this when I seen a topic about bitcoin in a local newspaper.
Iseecookies

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:29:10 AM

The instant part is a good point but for us gamblers its still faster. Besides echeque into your bank account where you risk having a account closed.
Some of these books took close to three weeks to send a cheque. So its all relative.
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:16:51 AM

it seems it is not a hoax or trick.
Did you even read his post and/or understand it? The claim was that Bitcoin contains a virus, which is obviously false.
I mean the application related to bitcoin. because a lot of people who want to take your bitcoin by hacking. they insert malware on applications such as wallets and etc
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:20:03 AM

When I started using Bitcoin, I heard that Bitcoin transactions could be reversed. I still can't believe that I believed that a couple of years ago.
nostal02

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 04:54:54 AM

"Bitcoin is dead"

Ive also been hearing that for quite a while now and haters can only do is just spread the word hopefully someone believes them.
Their perseverance towards spreading this news is pretty amazing.
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2016, 04:58:11 AM

When I started using Bitcoin, I thought Bitcoin transactions cannot be traced. I believe this was what I read from a few Bitcoin related site back in 2012/2013.

As I get to know more and more about Bitcoin, I found out that it is not true. Technically, it can be traced from the Blockchain. Ones need to use a Bitcoin mixer before he/she can be "anonymous".

What "facts" have you heard about Bitcoin that is not true - other than the price?
They said it only took you a few milliseconds to send your Bitcoin to the other person that is currently at another side of the world, but that particular person couldn't spend the coins unless the network has confirmed the transaction. I thought it was faster than that when I was first found out about Bitcoin.

Life sucks.
relq

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:18:21 AM

"Bitcoin is dead"

Lol, even on this section, there is a topic about Bitcoin is Dead. "facts" i heard about bitcoins is not true is Satoshi is a guy in australia, haha. Actually i'm not trust that, but we don't know if it true or not.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:23:48 AM

In the past, i think bitcoin has not worth enough value. But when i surfing in internet, suddenly i found bitcoin price and wondered that each bitcoin was 400 Dollars. Since that time i am interesting to looking for bitcoin well.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

zencomp

Activity: 182

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:26:37 AM

I heard that banks and the government will start supporting bitcoins which is simply impossible as banks view bitcoin as their competitor and they will never support bitcoins for sure as bitcoin is a major threat to the banking system.

Until the Bank dont understand the value of Bitcoin they will be afraid, but in the future Bank will work with bitcoin and we can do banking with bitcoin just like fiat currency,

beastmodeBiscuitGravy

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:43:12 AM

That it was safe from corporate capture.

Angry
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:58:51 AM

Mining will give you viruses
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:03:02 PM

There is some people said that Bitcoin still as just virtual currency and couldn't being real money, which isn't true of course but many people still spreading this false information.

People spread wrong ideas about Bitcoin because they don't know it enough, and they don't know how it works. That's why i think the Bitcoin's community should advertise a lot better this powerful crypto currency worldwide.
yeah because the reality bitcoin is more than just virtual currency. bitcoin is an investment, currency, and so forth. a lot of the wrong people mentioned bitcoin. that bitcoin just a coin for trade only. it was a great one wrong and therefore we have to spread bitcoin with the right information
The computer and IT colleges are required that they introduce a subject of crypto currency especially of bitcoin and have to teach the student all the facts about bitcoin to the new generation.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: