Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:28:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What "facts" you heard about Bitcoin is not true?  (Read 6934 times)
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:49:24 PM

Bitcoin contains a virus that will override your computer and make you part of some hackers great network.
Or that its mainly used by terrorists and drug dealers.
I was also worried about that it has some virus which will attack on your computer and will destroy your computer and will hack all your data and accounts, but it is not true bitcoin is a safe currency working like a normal currency.
Yes it was said by some people that it is a currency of terrorist and is used by them and is beneficial for them, but when I involved in it I saw that it is not correct, it is a normal currency and is beneficial to us in all aspects.
benmartin613

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:59:12 PM

Bitcoin contains a virus that will override your computer and make you part of some hackers great network.
Or that its mainly used by terrorists and drug dealers.
I was also worried about that it has some virus which will attack on your computer and will destroy your computer and will hack all your data and accounts, but it is not true bitcoin is a safe currency working like a normal currency.
Yes it was said by some people that it is a currency of terrorist and is used by them and is beneficial for them, but when I involved in it I saw that it is not correct, it is a normal currency and is beneficial to us in all aspects.

The fear that some people spread about bitcoin is making some investor think twice about getting into bitcoin it self.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:17:44 AM

Bitcoin halvening will automatically double the price  Kiss

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Rescue Squad

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:32:39 AM

Yeah this is right now the number 1 Bitcoin rumor that I have been hearing about. We should wait and see what will happen though.
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:42:09 AM

Yeah this is right now the number 1 Bitcoin rumor that I have been hearing about. We should wait and see what will happen though.

I think this rumor will become true as price is 430 right now and the price might go up to 800 more or less still its a good price after the halving.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:12:35 AM

Many people told me that it was unsafe and not good. But that is not true. Bitcoin is very safe. And of course there are scams.
But you have to be careful and just do only good thing with Bitcoin. And indeed many people say also that the halving will be good. But you never know what will happen after the halving.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 09:19:28 AM

Probably the privacy and anonymity gossip, it is still relatively private but all the transactions are visible in the network..
many people who say that. bitcoin is not completely anonymous. lol
when you do not need any data to use bitcoin. so no ornag would know that it was you

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 09:58:17 AM

Both the facts that it is completely anonymous "Which is not true since anyway can see your transactions and follow the blockchain to their origin" and it's free to send transactions "the fee is voluntary but is almost a must".
I have no idea where people came up with the 'completely anonymous' fact; nothing truly is.

I think this rumor will become true as price is 430 right now and the price might go up to 800 more or less still its a good price after the halving.
That's just useless speculation and not a fact. It may go up or it may not, you won't really known until it happens.

Probably the privacy and anonymity gossip, it is still relatively private but all the transactions are visible in the network..
That does not matter. The blockchain is a transparent ledger and anyone (who uses a cryptocurrency) should known this by now. Regardless, Bitcoin remains pseudo-anonymous.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:04:01 AM

I have heard two facts about it
Govt.is not aware about the bitcoins, which is not true and
Govt. will support bitcoins in future.
Lets hope that Govt. will support bitcoin in future.
lrdeoliveira

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:04:58 AM

that bitcoin it's better than paypal. I'm a bitcoin enthusiast, but as a buyer to prevent scams, i would always pay whit paypal because i feel more secure, maybe for the seller it's better to use bitcoin but not for the buyer in my opinion
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:24:04 AM

The halvening is by far the most anticipated event this year and a lot of wild expectations are circling around already. I don't know if this will turn out to be true or not only time will tell.

Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 10:24:28 AM

I was under this wrong impression that bitcoin transaction is free and instant both of which turned out to be false.I also had this wrong assumption that I can mine bitcoin on my home pc Cheesy

uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:24:09 AM

I think it was not just a rumor or a hoax, bitcoin is very secure and confidential. you do not need any data such as id or email to use bitcoin transactions. That is so anonymous right ?

chaosknight

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:34:33 AM

I was under this wrong impression that bitcoin transaction is free and instant both of which turned out to be false.I also had this wrong assumption that I can mine bitcoin on my home pc Cheesy

Nothing is free in real world, but the best thing is that bitcoin transaction fees is very cheap and quiet affordable and the credits are faster in compare to banks.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 11:34:54 AM

Nope Its with the small amount fees only bro. If you have Blockchain.info account means Please check inside the account settings There you can find the fee for the transactions plus priority of the account, When they need anyone can go for high priority one to give high payment transactions.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:51:26 PM

they say free ? I think people are more familiar with "very cheap transaction fees" not free mate. only about 0.0001 BTC or only about $0.04 it was very cheap mate. you'll find a fee greater in other payment methods such as paypal
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:57:34 PM

That bitcoin will touch the moon, which is impossible unless internet services reach to moon, or its physical form is carried to moon by someone. Smiley
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 04:13:26 PM

The halvening is by far the most anticipated event this year and a lot of wild expectations are circling around already. I don't know if this will turn out to be true or not only time will tell.
This would be untrue when halving a few more months not have had any effect on the price of bitcoin. made even lower prices.
because everyone says halving will give a big effect on the price of bitcoin and raise the price to be high
Akupuniard

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 05:38:26 PM

That's you can start earning money by installing bitcoin client on your PC. I don't know how people can even think this way... lol

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:43:27 PM

I heard that the price of bitcoin would get more stable in the year 2016 and it will cross $500 in the month of January 2016 which never happened till date.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: