Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:39:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What "facts" you heard about Bitcoin is not true?  (Read 6934 times)
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 08:55:13 AM

"You can buy anything with Bitcoin" this is what make me keep thinking. Yes of course you can buy anything you want with Bitcoin, but it's not that easy tho.

faucet used to be profitable

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 09:06:45 AM

Mining will give you viruses

That's funny wrong info many people tried to spread it since few years ago, but i think very little of ignorant people still think that it's true
I think it was true mate. many of the wallet application or applications altcoin. and miner apps who insert viruses and malware into it. after you installed so the hackers can retrieve all the data and passwords from your computer. I've heard it's real
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 09:52:14 AM

the fact that I heard and that does not come true is that bitcoin is very difficult to use, I guess that's not true. bitcoin very easy to use but for people who are quick to give up is not going to be able to use bitcoin
rinhunter

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:59:18 AM

Bitcoin is Illegal.
Well it is illegal but only in a few countries.

Bitcoin is anonymous.
But I could see other people doing transactions. Cheesy
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 12:10:57 PM

Bitcoin is Illegal.

Well some of these countries are bringing back bitcoin. They should be intelligent enough to go with this decision.

Bitcoin is anonymous.

Bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous as you can trace the transaction but cannot know the owner of the address unless he mentions it somewhere.
SanaButt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:20:40 PM

i have heard few people saying that because of the time taken for transaction is too long, this might be the end of this digital currency. This is wrong.

In fact, this deficiency will be overcome by the bitcoin miners and it will stay forever.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
SanaButt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:22:45 PM

Mining will give you viruses

That's funny wrong info many people tried to spread it since few years ago, but i think very little of ignorant people still think that it's true
Yeah, that info is spread that mining and their softwares will install a virus in your PC and will attack on your all accounts and data, which is completely false. But I am thinking that why people spread rumors like that.

No way. There is no link of virus and mining.
Minning is a mathematical calculation done by the high speed hardwares and there is no risk of virus in it.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:44:34 PM

"You can buy anything with Bitcoin" this is what make me keep thinking. Yes of course you can buy anything you want with Bitcoin, but it's not that easy tho.

Now its really not possible to buy anything with bitcoin. After conversion to fiat anything can be bought. Now small acceptance in store is found which will increase in the future.
Cuidler

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:01:17 PM

i have heard few people saying that because of the time taken for transaction is too long, this might be the end of this digital currency.

Confirmation times can be really long like few hours for 6 confirmations, but it is time for final settlement which takes credit cards months (during that time the payment can be reversed). 0 confirmation Bitcoin transactions take few seconds to propagate and shown in your wallet, and I never had problem 0 confirmation transaction to not confirm later, so the Bitcoin transactions taking only few seconds actually

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:19:49 PM

I heard that bitcoin will be widely accepted by the year 2016 but still I am not seeing it happening not sure when that day will come to use bitcoin directly.
LLec

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2016, 09:00:45 PM

When I started using Bitcoin, I thought Bitcoin transactions cannot be traced. I believe this was what I read from a few Bitcoin related site back in 2012/2013.

As I get to know more and more about Bitcoin, I found out that it is not true. Technically, it can be traced from the Blockchain. Ones need to use a Bitcoin mixer before he/she can be "anonymous".

What "facts" have you heard about Bitcoin that is not true - other than the price?

Yeah, transactions in themselves can be traced.

The anonymity of bitcoin isn't in the impossibility of tracking transactions, but in the difficulty of linking those transactions and the identity of one's user.

All tx are public (ledger) but who really own "in the real life" a certain btc could be impossible some time to obtain... Anyone know who own 50 btc from block 1 or 2 Cheesy ? But tx / mining arguments are already tracked...
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 27, 2016, 11:37:44 PM

Bitcoin is Illegal.

Bitcoin is anonymous.

you can see transactions, but there no no real user identities attached in the transactions in the blockchain. thus bitcoin is pseudo-anonymous.

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 12:49:42 AM

I heard that bitcoin can be easialy hacked and your money can be stolen at any moment and it was so fun to listen bullshit like this Grin

quintiilieo

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 12:54:11 AM

When I started using Bitcoin, I thought Bitcoin transactions cannot be traced. I believe this was what I read from a few Bitcoin related site back in 2012/2013.

As I get to know more and more about Bitcoin, I found out that it is not true. Technically, it can be traced from the Blockchain. Ones need to use a Bitcoin mixer before he/she can be "anonymous".

What "facts" have you heard about Bitcoin that is not true - other than the price?
What thread is this. I think the facts is true . yep you can trace from the blockchain  but you dont trace if you dont transact with others. But you cant track who using it, who are the btc user.

h3rlihy

Activity: 356

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 12:57:44 AM

A lot of people I know still seem to believe that bitcoin is just for buying drugs, guns and prostitutes
bittrojan

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 01:01:24 AM

some of my friends tell me that bitcoin was a scam,i'm heard that when i first time to use and earn bitcoin,but so far its not true,bitcoin was never scam since i use and earn it

ICO investor. Miner. Bagholder Extraordinaire!
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 01:01:59 AM

What thread is this. I think the facts is true . yep you can trace from the blockchain  but you dont trace if you dont transact with others. But you cant track who using it, who are the btc user.
Yup bro the fact is true .. But it still that this is anonymous who using it . You can track but you didnt know who it is. But you cant track if they use vpn..

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 02:29:13 AM

Yup bro the fact is true .. But it still that this is anonymous who using it . You can track but you didnt know who it is. But you cant track if they use vpn..
its not too happy seeing people talk about bitcoin fact,however its normal if so many people talk about incorrect fact about bitcoinbecasue bitcoin is new comoditiy and its still need a time to reveal all true fact about it.
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:13:13 AM

The fact I heard about bitcoin is when people say you can earn a lot from bitcoin.

But I realize that I cannot earn a lot from it when it comes to services and goods to offer because I don't have something to offer.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 03:23:28 AM

Most peoples said that bitcoin is a currency for such illegal activity, buying drugs, weapons or something like that, they might be true, but i think not only bitcoin can do that, fiat can do that also. It's obviously depend on user, how did they spent their bitcoin wheter for legall activity or ilegall activity, thus i must say this case is not true
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: