Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain.info wallet impossible to login????? Very worried right now  (Read 16109 times)
claes88 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 02:28:13 PM

I can't login to my blockchain wallet.. There is no box where you can enter the password anynmore. When i try to login it says "You must enter a Two Factor Authentication code" . Am I screwed now? I have only my wallet identifier and my password to login.. Is this the end of blockchain.info? Have they gone scam and robbed us?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
claes88 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 03:44:31 PM

OK, am I the only one experiencing this then? I wonder if it's possible to accidentally turn that function on? Shouldn't there be confirmation before doing something like that.. I've contacted support, hope they can solve the situation. Like to hear if anyone else with blockchain.info wallets are experiencing any problems?
claes88 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 03:49:59 PM

When I go to "reset two factor aythentication" and fill out the form I get the error "Two Factor Authentication Is Not Enabled On your Account" when trying to send it to support..

Uh-OH!!!!!!!  Shocked Huh
claes88 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 03:52:22 PM

Something major is wrong with their site.. I created a new wallet from scratch, and the same error happens.. Hopefully this will be taken care of and fixed!
claes88 (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 06:07:39 PM

Support suggested I restart my browser, it didn't help, i tried with two different firefox versions already and I also tried with IE.. Same BS..

But it worked with Google Chrome, so if ányone else get this message switch over to google chrome.
Portnoy
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
January 27, 2013, 06:13:54 PM

Support suggested I restart my browser, it didn't help, i tried with two different firefox versions already and I also tried with IE.. Same BS..

But it worked with Google Chrome, so if ányone else get this message switch over to google chrome.

I have no problem signing in with firefox. 
detro

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 06:18:54 PM

I just tested this on the latest version of firefox and was able to login, though i already do have 2 factor setup and in use. I did have an issue yesterday where i wasn't receiving my SMS auth codes for a few hours so they may be tweaking some parts of the 2fact system on the back-end?  Huh
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2013, 08:34:19 PM

I can't login to my blockchain wallet.. There is no box where you can enter the password anynmore. When i try to login it says "You must enter a Two Factor Authentication code" . Am I screwed now? I have only my wallet identifier and my password to login.. Is this the end of blockchain.info? Have they gone scam and robbed us?

What browser are you? Could you PM me your identifier.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4616

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 01:44:28 AM

. . . Is this the end of blockchain.info? Have they gone scam and robbed us?

Please keep in mind...

Unless you pull down an altered version of their webpage that is redesigned to send your password to them, they don't have access to your private keys and can't "rob you".

As for any concern about "the end of blockchain.info"...

When you log into your blockchain.info wallet you should see the following:

Backup

Backing up your wallet is an important step which is easy to forget. Blockchain.info takes every precaution to keep your wallet safe but it's always better to keep a local copy just in case.

If you click one of the buttons under there you can have a backup of your wallet sent to you.  Do this on a regular basis and if blockchain.info ever ceases to exist, you'll be able to load up the private keys from your wallet backup in some other wallet and still have access to your bitcoins.
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 01:48:05 AM

What happens if you just enter your password and user name and ignore the third box for MFA?

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
HighInBC

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 03:49:59 AM

What browser are you? Could you PM me your identifier.

I have this error. When I view the html source the password box is there but marked as hidden. I can use firebug to make it visible and then log in, clearly a bug. Introduced some time in the last 30 hours.
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 06:05:49 AM

I've had this same thing happen to me. I have posted the problem here in the forums a couple of months ago. I also sent Blockchain messages asking for help and they of course could not help me. Finally, someone with the same damn issue I had.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
HighInBC

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 06:30:56 PM

The problem seems to have resolved itself with me.
piuk

Activity: 910
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 09:10:16 PM

Apologies there seems to have been an issue affecting browsers with local storage disabled (i.e tor browser). Please let me know if the problem is not resolved.

HighInBC

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 06:45:13 AM

Apologies there seems to have been an issue affecting browsers with local storage disabled (i.e tor browser). Please let me know if the problem is not resolved.

Works now, thanks.
heart_mons

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:20:10 AM

I'm getting the same thing described above (Says I must enter two factor authentication but the field is no where).  I already have sms authentication enabled on my account.   Now I get this message: "IP temporarily blocked due to too many requests".

Well, of course I keep trying because your page is jacking up and has my funds tucked away behind this error.

I hit the back button a few times and it allowed me to capture the screen as I see it when this happens. 
Here is a link to what I keep getting.  https://i.imgur.com/2zu8EeD.jpg

I would open a support ticket but no one ever responded to the last one I opened.   At that time I wasn't allowed to send out BTC that was well below my balance on the wallet.  Every time I would try to send it would tell me I needed at least as much as I was trying to send.....even though I could see an amount greater than that directly above your message.
turtleIam

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:24:12 AM

I'm getting the same thing described above (Says I must enter two factor authentication but the field is no where).  I already have sms authentication enabled on my account.   Now I get this message: "IP temporarily blocked due to too many requests".

Well, of course I keep trying because your page is jacking up and has my funds tucked away behind this error.

I hit the back button a few times and it allowed me to capture the screen as I see it when this happens.  
Here is a link to what I keep getting.  https://i.imgur.com/2zu8EeD.jpg

I would open a support ticket but no one ever responded to the last one I opened.   At that time I wasn't allowed to send out BTC that was well below my balance on the wallet.  Every time I would try to send it would tell me I needed at least as much as I was trying to send.....even though I could see an amount greater than that directly above your message.
If you would have read just a few posts below this you'd see that blockchain.info is currently experiencing issues, give it a few hours and try again.
c0dex

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:25:10 AM

It's been down for ~3 hours now. 

barksdale

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:32:21 AM

It's been down for ~3 hours now.  

I'm able to login via Google Chrome but not Firefox. However, what's scary is what I see while logged in. "My Transactions" ends with the last transaction on November 29th... I'm missing 30 bitcoins because I only had 11 back on 11/29. I've conducted hundreds of transactions since then.

It won't even let me send the 11 bitcoins it currently thinks is in my wallet. Sending gives the error, "toString(): value: [ReferenceError: Bitcoin is not defined]"

c0dex

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:37:15 AM

Weird - I'm using Chrome (but also tried it on Firefox) and can't access my wallet at all.  Which sucks, because I have a lot in there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: